Author Topic: Bizzy Bone - The Gift  (Read 809 times)

Sikotic™

Bizzy Bone - The Gift
« on: April 13, 2001, 05:48:06 AM »
Bizzy Bone - The Gift[/u][/b][/color]

This album is arguably the best Bone solo ever. Classic tracks like "Still Thiggish Ruggish" and "Schizophrenic" and original tracks like "Voices in the Head" give proof of this great album. Bizzy's complex lyrics along with his unique, one of a kind voice make this album stand out from the rest. On this entire album Bizzy releases his anger with the corrupt society and police brutality. The arrangement of this album is another thing that makes it special.

1. Schizophrenic - This is a great opening song. The fast-paced beat goes perfectly with Bizzy's flow. This is without a doubt one of the best songs on this groundbreaking album.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

2. Don't Be Dumb - This song has a nice Reggae beat to it. Bizzy even disses some of the members from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony on this track.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

3. Whole Wide World - The way Bizzy sings the chorus on here is remarkable. The chorus is catchy and gets you in a good mood. He shows his singing abilities on this track more than his lyrical skill.
Rating: 4 out of 5

4. Never Grow - This also has a catchy chorus to it. The beat is decent but I don't think it matches the song well.
Rating: 3 out of 5

5. Murderah - This is a ruff, rugged track right here. Bizzy relieves his anger on society with this track. The hard hitting beat complements Bizzy very well.

6. Before I Go - This is a deep emotional song. It starts off with the judge sentencing someone for 567 years. Bizzy expresses the difficulties on prison life.

7. Be Careful - This song slows things down from the previous two tracks. It makes a strong impact. It is not the best song on the album but the message is valuable. Bizzy raps about how you should watch who you mistreat and treat wrong.

8. Fried Day - This is a very laid back weed song. It is a great track but it does nothing for the album. That is because this song was previously released on the "Next Friday" soundtrack. Replacing this already played out track with a new or unreleased song would have made a big improvement. This was definitely a big mistake.
4.5 out of 5

9. Voices in the Head - This is one of the most original songs on the album. Its about a voice tempting someone into trying different types of drugs. The chorus fits the song very well. Definitely a track you look forward to when you put this in your CD player.
Rating: 5 out of 5

10. Still Thuggish Ruggish - The beat reminds you of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony when the group was in its prime. This is in my opinion the best song on the album without a doubt. Bizzy comes correct lyrically. The chorus is decent but nothing special. Overall an amazing song.
Rating: 5 out of 5

11. Don't Doubt Me - This is my least favorite song on the album. To me it doesn't fit in with the other tracks. The title of the song tells you what it is about.
Rating: 2.5 out of 5

12. Time Passing Us By - This is a 180 degree turn from the previous track. Decent beat but what makes this song is the powerful message. He explains why the world is so corrupt and speaks out against police brutality.

13. Father - A relaxed, peaceful transition from most of the other songs. This has much more of a R&B feel to it. A great prelude to the finale of this breakthrough album.

14. Jesus - This dedication to Jesus is a wonderful way to end this album. He explains and praises the Lord for helping him through his troubles. Bizzy sings the whole way through this track which makes it have a R&B sound.

Overall I love this album. There are very few dull points where you feel like skipping a track. There are not many amazing tracks but there are also no horrible songs which makes this record easy to listen to all the way through.

This album is everything we wanted and then some. It is very near perfect but a few track like "Fried Day" and "Don't doubt Me" spoil the perfection.

Overall Rating: 9 out of 10
----------------------------------------------------
I would appreciate some feedback on this if possible. Give me your feelings on my review and please let me know if I have made any mistakes. <
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Bizzy Bone
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2001, 02:50:25 PM »
I luv this album, probably the best Bone solo yet. I wouldnt say its a classic, but its close....4.5/5

This album in particular plays an important role in Bone's history for me, cuz 2000 was not a good year for them, and I was about to write them off. This album, however, has saved them. For now at least. Very deep album.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Sikotic™

Re: Bizzy Bone
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2001, 08:59:09 PM »
WTF? The cover and other replies dissappeared LOL!!!

I feel what ya saying. This album brought alot of hopes up.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Smooth

Re: Bizzy Bone - The Gift
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2001, 11:15:43 AM »
Great album... i think it's easily Bone's best solo
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2001, 02:38:14 PM »
Damn Good album, easily my 3rd fav (below Krayzies and Flesh's)

Laterz

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2002, 12:06:06 PM »
i love this album, my fav bone solo (tied with TM99 at #1), very slept on album, if you even ask bone fans at your school about this shit they probably didnt know it even came out, some people i know havent heard of bone since 97. everyone should check this shit out, i mean people think bone is just a group who raps really fast about bullshit but their actually really deep and plus they got that harmony that a lot of rappers like twista dont have, twista can just rap fast

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2002, 08:17:05 PM »
Words cant describe this album......It's damm near perfect.
Most Slept on Ever in Hip Hop......
9.1/10

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

That_Cracka_J

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2002, 02:01:29 PM »
Damn...let me just say it's good to see you six people lovin' this Bizzy Bone.  Everybody I talk to says it's a peice of shit!  I think it is the best Bone Thugs solo album.  It STILL gets heavy rotation in my player--even after a year!

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2002, 11:13:59 PM »
Damn...let me just say it's good to see you six people lovin' this Bizzy Bone.  Everybody I talk to says it's a peice of shit!  I think it is the best Bone Thugs solo album.  It STILL gets heavy rotation in my player--even after a year!

For real i listen to this album ALL the time i love it and you know what FUCK IT.  Its now my 2nd BEST bone solo  ;)

Behind T.H.U.G.S

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2002, 01:41:05 PM »
Dang, I made this topic over a year ago, about a three weeks after this album dropped, and I still listen to it regularly.

This album gets as much rotation in my player as the classics like Doggystyle, All Eyez on Me, The Cronic, E. Eternal 1999, etc.

SO that lets me know its one damn good album.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2002, 06:21:11 PM »
Damn I been sleepin' on this album. Just copped it earlier today and it's fuckin' tight from beginning to end. I wish more rappers would have no guest appearances and maybe just one guest at the most.

Rating: 9/10

Doggystylin

Re:Bizzy Bone - The Gift
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 05:35:37 PM »
bizzy recorded this album in like this short period of time like a couple of weeks where he didnt drink one drop of alcohol and didnt take one puff of weed, so he says this album is a blessin, a gift....just wanted to let yall know how he got the name.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 11:17:20 PM »
Bizzy Bone – The Gift

1. Schizophrenic…Perfect opening track.  Many different elements to the beat.  It sounds like an orchestra in the background.  Bizzy’s lyrics go perfectly with this.  5/5
2. Don’t be dumb…Nice ragae feel to it.  It’s strange, but it sounds good as hell.  The title explains the song well enough.  4/5
3. Whole wide world…Sort of a laidback beat.  I like the flute in the background.  Tight lyrics.  4/5
4. Never grow…Bizzy sings a lot more in this song than rapping.  Fits the beat quite nicely.  4/5
5. Murderah…Bizzy’s lyrics are decent, but I don’t really like the beat.  3.5/5
6. Before I go…Similar to ‘Thugs cry’.  He tells the story from an inmate in jail.  4/5
7. Be careful…I’m really feelin’ this track.  He uses a softer tone to flow over this one.  Another great chorus.  4.5/5
8. Fried day…A good track with a real laidback beat about what else?  Smokin’ weed.  It really doesn’t add much to the CD since it was already released on the Next Friday soundtrack.  4/5
9. Voices in the head…Very unique track.  Bizzy goes back and forth between himself and the voice in his head.  My only complaint about it, is it’s not long enough.  4.5/5
10.   Still thuggish ruggish…Nice production again.  Tight flow.  Bomb ass chorus.  4/5
11.   Don’t doubt me…The beat sounds like a mix between West Coast and Mid-West.  Sounds real good.  He speaks of the current situation between him and Bone.  4/5
12.   Time passing us by…Tight ass production.  Perfect hook.  Dope lyrics.  5/5
13.   Father…On this track he flows more like he did on E. 1999.  Tight ass lyrics.  Decent production.  4/5
14.   Jesus…Song dedicated to worship and Christianity.  Very nice production.  Bizzy’s voice sounds great.  3.5/5

OVERALL…4.5/5

This is a BIG improvement from ‘Heaven’z Movie’.  Almost all of the songs were produced by Darren Vega, someone I’ve never heard of, but the beats fit Bizzy’s flow perfectly—about the next best thing to Uneek.  Bizzy sings all of his own hooks and he has no guests at all on the entire album.  But he doesn’t need them.  This is one on true SOLO albums.  Definitely the best Bone Thugs solo CDs yet.

Immortal

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2003, 02:33:40 PM »
really good album review man..i ocassionally bump this album and enjoy it...good songs and good beats!!!
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2003, 02:39:10 PM »
apoc, i thought you hated bone and thought they were talentless.