Author Topic: where is Yukmouth - Got Gs On it song from?  (Read 306 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:where is Yukmouth - Got Gs On it song from?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2004, 09:35:23 PM »
I take back nothing I said.  Un-fucking-believable that you don't know who khayree is either.  Do yourself a favor and check out sum bay area rap.  Its much better than that snoop dogg bullshit.

Luniz - Operation Stakola
Dubee - AKA Sugawolf

Check em out and learn about it!

Well believe it because I haven't heard of him. Since you want me to check it out so bad, do you want to send me a CD with a grip of MP3s, or anything like that? Please don't confuse me for one of the closeminded ignorant cats who doesn't want to hear bay area music. Ironic as it is, before I dropped this post, I was drivin to work and when I parked and cut my car off, I was bumpin this song, and I got on here and saw that there was a topic about it, so even tho I didn't kno exactly who was rappin I was feelin it, and I was playin it for my other L.A. homeboys before that.

hector

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 09:43:08 PM »
I take back nothing I said.  Un-fucking-believable that you don't know who khayree is either.  Do yourself a favor and check out sum bay area rap.  Its much better than that snoop dogg bullshit.

Luniz - Operation Stakola
Dubee - AKA Sugawolf

Check em out and learn about it!

Well believe it because I haven't heard of him. Since you want me to check it out so bad, do you want to send me a CD with a grip of MP3s, or anything like that? Please don't confuse me for one of the closeminded ignorant cats who doesn't want to hear bay area music. Ironic as it is, before I dropped this post, I was drivin to work and when I parked and cut my car off, I was bumpin this song, and I got on here and saw that there was a topic about it, so even tho I didn't kno exactly who was rappin I was feelin it, and I was playin it for my other L.A. homeboys before that.

No, I don't want to send you any cd's, just go to the local record store and pick the albums up.  both are better than any album that dropped in the last 4 years.  or check half.com, or just download them, it ain't like they are rare cd's.  and like dudes said, these guys I'm tellin u about are not just some way underground acts that peeps don't know about.  In fact u should be quite ashamed for claiming to be a westcoast rap fan, that is from cali, and ain't even heard of these guys.  they are fucking legends.  Oh and if you wanna check khayree for freee,last week I upload 2 songs from Cobra - Playaz in Paradise, both produced by khayree.  of course I'm sure you, along with just about everyone else on here, never checked them out.

SGV

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »
My name let's you know where I'm from.

626 area, San Gabriel Valley, East Los Angeles County.

I'm right between the 10 and the 210 freeways.

And, yes I go to the Bay. But, that don't mean nothin'. I don't go to the South, yet I know about artists who are rather local. You got the net homie, all this music is sittin' right there for you to listen to. All you gotta do is download something. If you like buying stuff go to Tower Records, they got PLENTY of records from Bay artists. Same with Wherehouse. Plenty spots in L.A. carry Bay, San Diego, Sacramento and Northwest CDs.

Yea, I do knock closeminded heads, especially L.A. cats. L.A. is supposed to be a mecca of Hip Hop, yet it's scene relies on old ass rappers who are already played. Why? Because fans, not saying you, just don't have will to check anything new.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2004, 03:21:08 AM »
My name let's you know where I'm from.

626 area, San Gabriel Valley, East Los Angeles County.

I'm right between the 10 and the 210 freeways.

And, yes I go to the Bay. But, that don't mean nothin'. I don't go to the South, yet I know about artists who are rather local. You got the net homie, all this music is sittin' right there for you to listen to. All you gotta do is download something. If you like buying stuff go to Tower Records, they got PLENTY of records from Bay artists. Same with Wherehouse. Plenty spots in L.A. carry Bay, San Diego, Sacramento and Northwest CDs.

Yea, I do knock closeminded heads, especially L.A. cats. L.A. is supposed to be a mecca of Hip Hop, yet it's scene relies on old ass rappers who are already played. Why? Because fans, not saying you, just don't have will to check anything new.

I donno much about the SGV. One thing you could "blame" if you want to say blame, is that even the west coast sites like these won't have much bay area. Whenever I see artists on sites, I try to peep em just to give em a chance. L.A. cats to me are some of the most open minded people I've encountered...regardless if you believe it or not. I go to school at FLorida A&M, which is a historically black college and has blacks from all the major cities. Believe me, for a big city, L.A. has very open minded people. People from places such as Atlanta will like an artist ONLY because he's from ATL, and they'll like everything they do, but then they'll knock east coast because its too boring, and west coast because of whatever reasons. NY cats don't like most down south music, and only some west coast. Midwest seems to be pretty open minded too. But I would never call L.A. a mecca, it is for the west coast but bein it's the biggest city and all, it's expected that some people will like L.A. shit much more than whatever else, even if it shouldn't go down like that.

hector

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2004, 09:36:48 AM »
Nuthin wrong with liking LA rap at all.  I luv LA rap.  What is wrong tho, is to BE from california, and claim to be a WESTCOAST rap fan, and not even know who rick rock, knumbskull, khayree, or killatay is.

Thats pretty much like me being from the bay, claiming to be a westcoast rap fan, and not knowing who Battlecat, MC Eiht,  and Bad Azz are.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2004, 11:14:26 AM »
I am from Spain and I know Nummy Num and Killa Tay.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2004, 12:40:27 PM »
Nuthin wrong with liking LA rap at all.  I luv LA rap.  What is wrong tho, is to BE from california, and claim to be a WESTCOAST rap fan, and not even know who rick rock, knumbskull, khayree, or killatay is.

Thats pretty much like me being from the bay, claiming to be a westcoast rap fan, and not knowing who Battlecat, MC Eiht,  and Bad Azz are.

I KNEW who rick rock was, but as I said I found out in 2000/2001. I just haven't heard of Khayree and don't know killy tay like that and if I asked most of my homeboys they wouldn't know either. If somebody from the bay  didn't know battlecat, I wouldn't exactly be shocked, but mc eiht has been in movies and bad azz has been on a grip of videos and all. But what's bad on me is that I am a producer, and I am not expectin to blow up or anything but if I ever got some kind of name, people like you and SGV would say shit like "how the hell is he gonna talk about he a west coast producer but he hasn't heard of killa tay and khayree? He don't know shit about the west coast" then that will turn into "He don't know shit about the west coast, he don't even know who Luniz is" then it'll turn into "he said he grew up in L.A. but he never even heard I got five on it" and it goes on and on. So I really do keep my ears open and all, but if I am not exposed to somebody, I just don't go on the net or whatever to ask people who is who. I have probably heard of a lot of lesser known bay area rappers than khayree and killa tay, and they reaaaally don't know shit about them in L.A. so I don't really see the prob.

SGV

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2004, 12:57:24 PM »
I don't think people fuck with this site to hear about the latest Bay artist. They come here to dickride Aftermath and Snoop. Go to the Siccness, they got a section just for the Bay(which is more poppin' than the section for L.A.), they got sections for Sacramento, Northwest Hip Hop, Midwest and South shit. If you want to learn about new artists, that's where to go.

Pretty much I trip out. If you're an artist yourself, you should know about the artists who came before you. I mean, not saying you don't have any, but where's the respect for the people who laid blueprints before you? Khayree was a big producer out the Bay and produced for a gang of people. Killa Tay is featured on C-Bo's albums all the time, he was on the Thug Lordz album, he's worked with Mitchy Slick, Outlawz, Luni Coleone, JT The Bigga Figga, Brotha Lynch, Spice-1, Bad Azz, King Tee and Mac Mall. That's just naming a few.

I doubt you'll find anybody in the Bay who don't know Battlecat.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 12:57:59 PM by SGV »

hector

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2004, 01:03:42 PM »

I KNEW who rick rock was, but as I said I found out in 2000/2001. I just haven't heard of Khayree and don't know killy tay like that and if I asked most of my homeboys they wouldn't know either. If somebody from the bay  didn't know battlecat, I wouldn't exactly be shocked, but mc eiht has been in movies and bad azz has been on a grip of videos and all. But what's bad on me is that I am a producer, and I am not expectin to blow up or anything but if I ever got some kind of name, people like you and SGV would say shit like "how the hell is he gonna talk about he a west coast producer but he hasn't heard of killa tay and khayree? He don't know shit about the west coast" then that will turn into "He don't know shit about the west coast, he don't even know who Luniz is" then it'll turn into "he said he grew up in L.A. but he never even heard I got five on it" and it goes on and on. So I really do keep my ears open and all, but if I am not exposed to somebody, I just don't go on the net or whatever to ask people who is who. I have probably heard of a lot of lesser known bay area rappers than khayree and killa tay, and they reaaaally don't know shit about them in L.A. so I don't really see the prob.

hey man, you don't have to explain shit to me.  I could care less to gossip about you if you became big.  bottom line is you don't know who these dope well known cats from the bay are, and I was just helping you out.  if you don't wanna learn about them, then fine, just be like the other 90% of this forum.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2004, 07:23:25 PM »
hey man, you don't have to explain shit to me.  I could care less to gossip about you if you became big.  bottom line is you don't know who these dope well known cats from the bay are, and I was just helping you out.  if you don't wanna learn about them, then fine, just be like the other 90% of this forum.

I feel you, I am very open to findin out who new people are and it's good that I can find out about em. I just don't like how I got put on the spot because I don't know them. It seemed more like I was gettin put on blast for not knowin them, then bein helped out.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2004, 07:42:16 PM »
I don't think people fuck with this site to hear about the latest Bay artist. They come here to dickride Aftermath and Snoop. Go to the Siccness, they got a section just for the Bay(which is more poppin' than the section for L.A.), they got sections for Sacramento, Northwest Hip Hop, Midwest and South shit. If you want to learn about new artists, that's where to go.

Pretty much I trip out. If you're an artist yourself, you should know about the artists who came before you. I mean, not saying you don't have any, but where's the respect for the people who laid blueprints before you? Khayree was a big producer out the Bay and produced for a gang of people. Killa Tay is featured on C-Bo's albums all the time, he was on the Thug Lordz album, he's worked with Mitchy Slick, Outlawz, Luni Coleone, JT The Bigga Figga, Brotha Lynch, Spice-1, Bad Azz, King Tee and Mac Mall. That's just naming a few.

I doubt you'll find anybody in the Bay who don't know Battlecat.

It's nothin at all about me not showin respect to those before me, but just the fact I haven't heard of em doesn't mean I don't respect em at all. I really don't know who to blame for me not knowin about artists. Radio? Internet? Me for not researchin? Record stores in L.A.? Just L.A. period? Most of the time when I find out about artists such as them, who I would never hear on radio or TV, I usually hear about em from my homeboys who know about Bay area artists, which is how I heard of most of them. So it could be a shocker, even though I asked some people I know and the only one who knew about Killa Tay was somebody who's 26 and is a rapper, but the rest of my homeboys didn't know them either.

SGV

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2004, 09:13:32 PM »
Don't blame record stores. Tower and the Wherehouse ALWAYS carry Bay shit. Don't blame the net, there's PLENTY of Bay websites. Possibly blame radio or yourself.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2004, 09:41:55 PM »
Don't blame record stores. Tower and the Wherehouse ALWAYS carry Bay shit. Don't blame the net, there's PLENTY of Bay websites. Possibly blame radio or yourself.

Well tell me this...just goin to Tower or Wherehouse, you see 100s of rappers you've never heard of right? I only notice somethin if it's available to be played or if it's playin in the store, and even when I see posters and all, I won't buy it. I rarely buy CDs for established artists, so even when I see CDs for artists like them, I won't just buy it especially if I never heard it. I know of a lot of west coast websites but I haven't seen too much audio from them on there, even though I have heard a lot of bay artists on them. drop some links for bay area websites that have some shit. Otherwise, this convo pretty much needs to end.

hector

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2004, 09:47:49 PM »
www.soundclick.com/funkforyohead

Stanky Panky - 3xKrazy f/ Numbskull
Just a Freak - Luniz
The Dank Man - Dubee (Prod. by Khayree)
Killa Whales - Dubee (Prod. by Khayree)
Gz On It - Killa Tay, Yukmouth, Mac Mall, FedX
Westcoast Anthem - Cobra (Prod. by Khayree)
Bringin Heat - Cobra f/ Tray Deee (Prod. by Khayree)
Ring My Bell - Luniz
Juss Me and You - Luniz f Rapheal Saadiq

Now there you go