Author Topic: John Legend Gets Signed  (Read 157 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

John Legend Gets Signed
« on: May 22, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »
From his website:

Hey People,

Big news. After about 6 years of making demos and shopping it to countless A&R's and record labels, I've finally signed my first major label record deal. I'm very excited to announce that on Friday I signed with Columbia Records/Sony Music. Columbia has an amazing legacy that includes such greats as Miles Davis, David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Prince, Nas, The Fugees, Lauryn Hill and many more. I'm excited to join their family.

We plan to release the album on September 14th of this year. Mark your calendars!!! We're hitting the studio immediately so we can finish it up in time.

Thanks to everyone (especially the fans) who's helped me get to this point. Many of you have been supporting my music for a long time, and I truly appreciate it. We have a lot further to go, but this is definitely the beginning of an exciting new phase in my career.

Also, for all the Europeans on my list, we may be near your town soon. I'm writing from Paris now, and I'll be performing w/ Kanye West at shows in several European countries in the next couple weeks:

May 20 - Forum - London, UK
May 22 - Travendo - Paris, France
May 27 - Live Music Hall - Cologne, Germany
May 28 - 2 BE 2 - Berlin, Germany
May 29 - Maag Hall - Zurich, Switzerland

peace,
John

KURUPTION-81

Re:John Legend Gets Signed
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 01:50:59 PM »
saw him and kanye at the forum the other day. It was an amazing show kanye is a great performer. John legend was on the keyboard and singing he has a load of talent, also if u have seen the overnight celebrity video. the chick playin the violin was at the concert too, she is mad talented. It was prob one of the best concerts ive  been to. dame dash was there and said kanye was the first roc artist to go plat in the uk, he gave him his plaque on stage.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 01:52:39 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

West C. Connected

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 02:16:20 PM »
I saw him too, he was craaaazy.
Too bad he's not on KonMan Ent. though.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 02:24:45 AM »
saw him and kanye at the forum the other day. It was an amazing show kanye is a great performer. John legend was on the keyboard and singing he has a load of talent, also if u have seen the overnight celebrity video. the chick playin the violin was at the concert too, she is mad talented. It was prob one of the best concerts ive  been to. dame dash was there and said kanye was the first roc artist to go plat in the uk, he gave him his plaque on stage.

Damn, didn't realise you were there man, would have hollered at you before the show. Check my review of the show in D-Metro's WHOA KANYEEZY thread.

West C. Connected

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 04:42:50 AM »
^ That's WHOOO KANYEEZY ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 05:48:24 AM »

Damn, didn't realise you were there man, would have hollered at you before the show. Check my review of the show in D-Metro's WHOA KANYEEZY thread.

Just checked ya review, props . He was def worth the wait.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson