Author Topic: Predictions: So So Gangsta vs Against The Grain  (Read 435 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Predictions: So So Gangsta vs Against The Grain
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 08:01:56 PM »
Its too hard to tell right now whos gonna have the better album. I dont know what to expect from Kurupt. He could come with a hard ass "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" type of album (what Kurupt promised) or some bullshit like "Tha Originals" so its all up in the air. I guess Daz will stay on the level of his previous albums like "This Is The Life I Lead" or "U Know What Im Throwin Up". The production & guest appearances will probably be better & more west coast on "Against The Grain", but if JD drops beats like he did on "Life In 1472" Ill be happy enough, cause that was one of the best albums in 98, even if it wasnt very west coast sounding. But as far as delivery / flow / lyrics?? Shit I dont know, they are probably both on the  same level right now. Ive always liked Kurupt more, but at the same time, he has more to prove on his next album.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 08:23:50 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Tha Crip

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 12:16:04 AM »
i like daz more den kurrupt......im gonna buy both of dem ne ways tho....ive bought every other kurupt cd why not dis one........btw kurupt gon hav ice cube on his album.....dats gonna be da shyt
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

michael jackson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUC BEIN THE KING IM THE BOSS OF THE WEB/EAZYE KIP
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 01:11:36 AM »
KURUPTT YOUNG GOTTI ALBUM AGAINT THA GRAIN CUZZINZ I HEARD IT,ANARCY DISES DAZ HARDDDDDDDDD AND THA TRACC WITH DAVE HOLLISTER A PHAT ONE HOLLLLLLLAA
my haterz only mad cuz they bitch wanna toss her salad everytime she c'z me
adidas aka young roccs (all day i diss all slobz)
clattttttttttttttt clattttttttttttttttttttttt

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2004, 01:54:37 AM »

when it comes to lyrical content..kurupt got it hands down..its jus he is on a label with no..umph(no homo)..he doesnt have a solid backin like daz..

daz will go gold..kuz of the people he's surrounded..

but overall sound and content...kurupt has it hands down..

daz jus will continue to do the same shit he been doin

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 09:02:04 AM »
LMAO at anybody excited about a daz sosodef album.Come on DPG was clowning the fuck out of JD back in 95 and now theyre sucking his dick to sell a few records thats a shame.Why cant daz stay in cali and put out records, why go to atlanta and sell out.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Funkadelic

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 12:33:12 AM »
I think that Daz's album will still have some dope rappers from his own camp, but not that many like on his last album. Kurupt's will be harder, but Daz's album will be more succesful, when it comes to the sales.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 05:53:13 AM »
Kurupt's will be garbage,that's for sure. Stepping up his game? I'm sure he wanted to do that when dissing Daz,Snoop,Soopafly and Bad Azz after he left them and those disses were completely weak and his lyrics shitty. I don't see 'Against the grain' coming out much different.

Daz isn't that much better of a rapper but at least he's got some lyrics if he wants to and he'll get dope beats,quite likely,wich Kurupt will likely lack.

So,if you hadn't noticed, I think Daz's album will be better,besides from doing better.

I must also be one of those few guys who's allways liked Daz better.

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

hector

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 01:43:46 PM »
I think that Daz's album will still have some dope rappers from his own camp, but not that many like on his last album.

Daz camp is now so so def.  There are no dope rappers from so so def.  Guest apperances on his album are going to do nuthin but ruin the album for me.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 02:02:03 PM »
Can't help but presume KURUPT will
blast Daz outta the water..

danm!!! then again it could be either'z worst effort
Let's just hope they drop first... ;)

Hatesrats 2oooIV