Author Topic: Westside Connection "Bow Down"  (Read 2176 times)

Sikotic™

Westside Connection "Bow Down"
« on: May 13, 2001, 05:09:56 AM »
Bow Down[/b][/u]

This album in my opinion is a classic. Rumors are that Ice Cube, Mack 10 and WC are making the follow-up to "Bow Down" that will be out later this year. I doubt it because of Cubes busy schedule. The whole album is some straight up, hard gangsta sh*t. It brings you back to the days of The Chronic, Doggystyle and NWA. The whole album is about reppin the West Coast and having pride and respect for it. That is the main theme of this groundbreaking album.

1. World Domination (intro) - This is one of the best intros ever made. It makes you take them seriously. The guy sounds very professional when he speaks about the Westside Connection taking over. Classic

2. Bow Down - Arguably the best track on the album. Cube, Mack and WC both spit some hard verses. They come straight gangsta like on almost every other track. This is a great track to just kick it with or bump in your ride.
Rating: 5 out of 5

3. Gangsta Make the World Go Round - Nice remake of this classic song. The chorus puts a nice touch to the track. Ice Cube spits a unbelievable verse that stands out. The beat goes perfect with the Connection and they give it a gangsta flare.
Rating: 4 out of 5

4. All the Critics in New York - This has a great beat. This track rips on the whole East Coast and how they neglected and ignored the West (and still do). All members spit hard verses. Above average song.

5. Do You Like Criminals - The hard bassline gets you in the mood to start dancin. WC stand out with his verse. This is a decent track.

6. Gangstas Don't Dance (insert) - A transition from track 5 to one of the greatest and underrated West Coast songs ever made.

7. The Gangsta, Tha Killa and The Dope Dealer - This track has everything. Originality, tight verses, unique beat. This is also one of the hardest tracks on the album. Ice Cube and WC spit a memorable verse. The person in the back ground howling is in perfect harmony with the beat. This song still amazes me.

8. Cross' Em Out and Put a 'K' - Rough describes this song. Mack 10 comes into his own with his short verse. Out of nowhere WC disses Q-Tip. Cube also starts dissing Cypress Hill

9. King of the Hill - This is a tight diss track on Cypress Hill. There beef started when Cube supposedly stole ideas from Cypress. Cube rips on B-Real's voice. Mack Dime rips on Sin-Dog. The beat is real nice. Cube just kills Cypress Hill. I haven't heard him flow like that since back in the days when he was angry.  All of the Connection come correct.

10. 3 Time Felons - This has a party feel to it. This could possibly be the best song on the album. The hook is amazing. All three members of the connection spit equal verses. very, very tight song.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

11. Westward Ho - Eerie, smooth beat. Nice way to slow a album down before it ends.

12. The Pledge (insert) - Nice interlude into the final track of the song. Mimics the Pleadge to the flag of the U.S.

13. Hoo-Bangin' (WSCG Style) - Nice ending to a great album. The beat is one of a kind. I think Mack 10 stands out with his verse. I really enjoy the hook.

One thing about this album that stands out are the hooks, hard basslines (perfect for your ride), and straight gangsta lyrics. I can't find anything bad about this album. WC and Cube are on point on this record. Mack 10 makes a nice effort but he isn't near their level. I could listen to this album all the time and never get tired of it. The arrangement is tight too. Cube, who handles alot of the production, shows he has talent in the production field as well. Great, great album. I could say more but I have pretty much made all the points you can possibly make.

Overall Rating: 7.9 out of 10

----------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to make any comments or correct me. DO any of y'all have anything bad to say about the album?

Thanks for reading =)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Westside Connection "Bow Down"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2001, 03:37:19 PM »
great rating on the album...i agree with everything with the exception of one thing. you rated the album a 9.5, to be honest with you i would give it more on the lines of 8.75. but it is definately a westcoast classic. i feel that another westside connection album would be unnecessary until another east/west beef sparked up again. westside connection is a very angry group so unless they go to the studio pissed off and ready to murder a track, they shouldn't go at all. one last thing, wc needs to release another album, i'm fiending for one, he is one of my favorite west coast artists, and he has the crip walk perfected and on lock. WESTSIDE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2001, 03:50:53 PM »
Yeah I shoulda lowered the overall rating. Its good but not up there with Tha Chronic, Doggystyle or Regulate.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2001, 10:11:05 PM »
Rumors are that Ice Cube, Mack 10 and WC are making the follow-up to "Bow Down" that will be out later this year

It's no rumor...It's confirmed...They are 90% done with their follow up called "Re-Up"....It's happenin, pleezbaleev...Some of the tracks were recorded in 1999, when they originally started workin on the album...Shits gonna be tight....

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2001, 11:09:02 PM »
I hope so.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hambone (Guest)

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2001, 04:29:03 AM »
u sure?  cause cube is a busy mutha fucka......
and the first CD was the Shit....i think it helped put west coast on the map for a second at least.........it was just hardcore gangsta chill muzik..that was missin back then...i first heard this CD at a halloween party..i was like..who the fuck is that......shit was tight..

R-CEE

• 'G'
  • dirty south affiliate
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2001, 05:04:52 PM »
back in the day was one of my faves,,,,now forgotten,,,i think my fave track was king of tha hill,,,,,
dont make me pop a slug in this bitch
u fuckin with some dirty south affiliates

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2001, 06:47:31 AM »
5/5 CLASSIC! One Of The Best Albums Ever! Def In My Top 10!

The Album Is CLASSIC Because:

1. Songs - All Dope. No Wack Tracks At All.

2. Impact - Lots Of Creativity And Impact. Kept The WEST Alive When The EAST Was On Top. Everyone Was Throwin' Up The "W". Even Snoop Discussed The Impact Of This Album In The Source Magazine. He Said That "Everyone Threw Up The "W" Cause Of Westside Connection. People In The east Coast, Europe, And Australia. Even I Threw It Up And I'm From The Eastside!". The Album Has Great Beats, An Amazing Concept, And Gangsta Lyrics. Mack 10 I Ain't Feelin' That Much Anymore But He Did A Great Job On This Album. Cube Obviously The Illest Lyricist In The Group With WC After Him. This Album Was The First Album That A Group Of Established Artists Came Together To Make A CD. Many People Copied This Formula Like The Firm [Nas, Foxy, Nature, And AZ] The Golden State Warriors [Xzibit, Ras Kass, And Saafir] And The 4 HorseMan [Kurupt, Ras Kass, Killah Preist, And Canibus] And Many More. This Album Had A Great Concept. It Was A Record Made Solely Only To Diss The east Coast For Treating The WEST So Unfairly. A Record Of Pure Emotion Similar To 2Pac's The 7 Day Theory Album. This Album Sparked A Lot Of Contraversy And Made A Whole Coast Hate These 3 Talented MC's Similar To The Way Most Of The east Hated Pac.

Smooth

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2001, 12:28:17 AM »
i agree with everything you said except for the rating on Do you like Criminal's... i would give it a 4

Peace hommie
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2001, 08:43:23 PM »
damn homie you should change that 8.75/10 back to 9.5/10 naw fuck dat 10/10...this album is a str8 up CLASSIC!

still in my regular rotation!

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2001, 03:20:33 AM »
i hope mack ten either gets better or gets kicked out cause hes on CMR now ,lol, thats really reppin the WEST

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2001, 12:48:14 PM »
yeah TQ sold out to them too

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2001, 07:40:53 PM »
9.5/10 at least...You didn't need to change your opion just cuz of alerG...

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Nah, I gave it some thought and decided 9.5 is overrating the album. It wasn't exactly based on what he said.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2001, 01:26:53 PM »

Nah, I gave it some thought and decided 9.5 is overrating the album. It wasn't exactly based on what he said.

NO! YOU GIVE THE DAMN ALBUM 9.5 RIGHT NOW MISTER! ;D j/p