Author Topic: My album review for L.A.X.  (Read 578 times)

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
My album review for L.A.X.
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »
The Game - L.A.X.

01. Intro  - NR

02. L.A.X. Files  -  4.5/5
Great way to start off the album , JR is one of the best producers at the moment,  the hook is flawless and although Game’s lyrics are nothing special he has his moments in this song with a couple standout lines and is solid through, overall a real good track.

03. State Of Emergency (feat. Ice Cube)  -  5/5
This is what Westcoast rap in the year 2008 should sound like.  JR does it again with another amazing beat, Game is real good throughout and the hook my Ice Cube is great also, great standout track.

04. Bulletproof Diaries (feat. Raekwon)-   4.5/5
Game and Raekwon had great chemistry throughout the whole song,  perfect beat for the both of them to rap together like this, although the beat and both of their verses are good, the best part of the song is how good both of them sounded and worked together, nothing was forced like a lot of collaborations are these days.

05. My Life (feat. Lil Wayne) - 5/5
I am sure this song will attract a lot of hate because of Lil Wayne’s hook but I think it is great as is this whole song.  My only complaint is Game’s namedropping throughout but with that said I still enjoyed all 3 of Game’s verses in this song, this song is just amazing to me, and the last 20 seconds of the song as the beat and song fades off is beautiful music, absolute amazing song in my opinion.

06. Money  - 5/5
Cool & Dre blessed the album with some amazing production again,  great sample.  I just love the whole vibe of this song, Game was very good in this song but the sample in this song is what put this track over the top as a great track to me, I cant get enough of this song, one of my favorites on this album.

07. Cali Sunshine (feat. Bilal) - 4/5
Game’s flow in this track was great, the beat and hook were a little on the generic side but I think this album needed one song with this type of feel to it, this was the first track to me that was carried by Game so far on the album although the beat and hook weren’t bad at all, solid track but definitely nothing special.

08. Ya Heard (feat. Ludacris)  - 2.5/5
Terrible song, the beat is boring and Game was absolutely terrible in this song,  if it wasn’t for the Ludacris verse it would have been rated worse, not much you can say about this track besides it is real bad.

09. Hard Liquor (Interlude) - NR

10. House Of Pain-   4/5
Pretty good track, nice beat from DJ Toomp, it was basic but it was full of energy and utilized well because Game sounded pretty energized on this song compared to some of the other tracks, not a ton of creativity here but nice track.

11. Gentleman's Affair (feat. Ne-Yo) 3.5/5
I could of done without this track on album, I thought it was unnecessary, it wasn’t that it was a terrible song because it wasn’t but there was nothing about this song that would want to make me listen to it again, average track that should have been left off the album.

12. Let Us Live (feat. Chrisette Michelle) -  5/5
I cant get enough of this one,  Scott Storch does what he does best on this one,  All of Game’s verses were nice but I thought his 3rd was the best and I didn’t mind that he rapped liked Nas on this one, I actually liked,  the hook is great also,  overall just a bangin track worthy of a perfect rating.

13. Touchdown (feat. Raheem DeVaughn)  3/5
Average track and if it wasn’t for the hook then it would of have gotten a lower rating from me, I didn’t hate the beat but it was way to basic and Game was pretty bad in this song all the way around

14. Angel (feat. Common) -  5/5
What an amazing song,  probably the best on the album.  The beat is incredible, I know it is sampled But Kanye does it again, Common’s verse is out of this world, Game was impressive also and the hook is amazing,  perfect track and one of Game’s best songs yet of his career.

15. Never Can Say Goodbye (feat. Latoya Williams)  4.5/5
I have to give Game credit for this,  great idea and really creative on his part, if the hook would have been better I would have rated it a 5/5, the beat is cool but obviously the best part of this song is the original concept created by Game, I am not a fan of rappers and rap songs these days constantly bringing up Pac and Biggie but this is much different, any rap fan should listen to this track and be able to enjoy it’s creativity.

16. Dope Boys (feat. Travis Barker)  4/5
Good track, the beat is banging And it looks like Quik helped out with the production with is great to see, so far “House Of Pain” had the most energy on this album but this song has that topped, again there isn’t a whole lot creative about this track but it doesn’t matter because it is perfect for what it is.  You could also tell that Travis Barker did the drums because those definitely stand out in this one.

17. Game's Pain (feat. Keyshia Cole) -  4/5
Another real solid track,  I love the beat and the hook, Keyshia did a great job and I like the whole vibe of the track, Game’s last verse might have been a little weak but I enjoyed his first two verses a lot and they almost showed the kid in him when it comes to his love for rap music and it’s history, cool song.

18. Letter To The King (feat. Nas)  5/5
Not enough songs like this in the world of Rap today, great verses all around with great subject matter, the beat is good and the hook is really great, I liked this track a whole lot more than “Why You Hate the Game” from Doctors Advocate, this song is pure hip hop and very refreshing to hear.

19. Outro -  NR
Overall -  4.25/5

Overall I was very impressed with this album, I thought the first half of the album was outstanding as was the second half of the album, there were a couple of songs I didn’t care for but also a few great songs and I believe this album is going to have a lot of replay value.  Game’s constant name dropping continues to get annoying but the production on this album was absolutely outstanding and Game also had some good moments .himself but again there is just to much name dropping from him  “Money” , “My Life” , “Angel”  ,”Let Us Live” were some of the albums highlights while I thought “Ya Heard” was the biggest letdown on L.A.X.  If you took away a couple of tracks like “Touchdown” and “Ya Heard” I would of rated this album even higher but all in all I was very happy with this release and felt it was a very good album.

DIP DIP SET SET

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My album review for L.A.X.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »
props, nice review. For a chick track i think Gentlemens Affair is pretty cool, better then tochdown should have just the one

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My album review for L.A.X.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:00:12 AM »
Nice review, I disagree a little though.

kemizt