Author Topic: Eazy E- Its On (Dr.Dre) 187em Killa  (REVIEW)  (Read 550 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Eazy E- Its On (Dr.Dre) 187em Killa  (REVIEW)
« on: May 08, 2002, 02:50:56 PM »
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd300/d383/d38391i0sw2.jpg

yes yes, Prince Tech is back in the house to bless yall with my opinions on the west coast shit we all love

Im gonna do a review of Eazy E's 1993 release "Its on (Dr.Dre) 187 em killa"

The critics panned it just like they panned any gangsta rap release in the early 90's when Rap content actually dropped jaws, but this is Eazy's best work.

1. "Exxtra Special Thankz"  (5/5)

I dont usually rate intros, unless there's music in the backround, and its actually like a track which this is.  Very similiar to the Chronics Intro, (i cant decide between the both)
basically, Rythym D kicked a sinister g funk beat, and Eazy clowns Dre, Snoop and Co.

2. "Real Muthaphuckkin Gs"  feat. Dresta & BG Knoccout  (5/5)

If you have not heard of this song, log off and delete your account. Please.  This is, at the very least, one of my favourite songs ever, if not the FAVOURITE.  Eazy knocced out Death Row and ended the beef with this song and video.
What the fuck happened to Rythym D, another sinister beat, with the beats thumpin and the synthesizers wailing. Dresta and Knoccout stepped up and put it down in a major way

3. "Any Last Werdz"  (3.5)

Im a Kokane mark, and a Hutch beat circa 1993 was pure gold.  But something about this song just doesnt hold the kinda merit it should.  But it is a nice track, and Eazy spits some gangsta (and ridicolous) lyrics

4. "Still A Nigga"  (4/5)

A dark beat, courtesy of Yella Boy.  Eazy just rides the beat smoothly, and flows over it nice

5. "Give me that nutt"   (3/5)

May not appeal to certain tastes but it WAS my jam back in the day.  Eazy's ode to the pussy, a tribute if you will lol
A funky Yella beat just caps it off

6. "Its On"  (4/5)

It aint nuthin but Eazy baby/
He'll smoke 2 niggaz cuz he crazy/
Talk a gang of shit but it dont fade me/
That punk nigga Dre still pays me/

Eazy talks Nuthin But A G Thang and shoves it back at Dre.  Not as hard of a diss as "Real ..Gz"  but it gets the job done.
Rythym D comes though again, 3 for 3, on the trizzack

7. "Boyz N Tha Hood G-MIX"  (5/5)

Take a classic song, and update that beat for the 9-trizzay and what do u get?  A super classic!  The beat to this is unbelievable, it made an already sweet track, even sweeter!

8. "Down To The Last Roach" (4/5)

Eazy lets us know with this track about a special some one in his life, Ms. Mary Jane, Eazys tribute to buddah smoking, ends in a funky filled track that u can,....well, smoke a fatty too.

When the dust settled and the smoke cleared, Eazy E, Hip Hops Gangsta CEO fired back at his critics and enemies.  
The humiliation of Dre Day fresh in his mind, Eazy went into the studio and recorded a masterpiece.  The only criticism of this album, same with Creepin on a Come Up, is the lack of music,  An EP can only do so much to satisfy our thirt for gangsta rap.  A thirt that hasnt been quenched properly since this album.

9/10
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Eazy E- Its On (Dr.Dre) 187em Killa  (REVIEW)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2002, 01:10:02 AM »
good review! i agree with almost everything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

KVB

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2002, 08:05:15 AM »
good review! i agree with almost everything.

Yeah I agree, dope review... I didn't feel this album much apart from "Real Muthaphukkin Gs" though... peace

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 08:50:31 AM »
this album is dope! i dont agree about the rating for-its on

this track is a 5/5 and give me that nut is 4/5 beacous this

shit is funny ;D
westside!!!!

Smooth

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2002, 07:53:16 PM »
Nice review Tech... my favourtie track on here is "Its On"...DOPE Eazy track...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 08:51:00 AM »
>:( >:(

Damn I wished this album could have been an LP instead of an EP. All the songs are tight, the only song I skip is Give me that Nutt, Its cool but its the worst song on the whole EP