Author Topic: The Ultimative Immortal Tech Thread  (Read 408 times)

SGV

Re:The Ultimative Immortal Tech Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 02:03:51 PM »
What idiot said IT wasn't black? Well, here it is from IT's mouth.

IT was interviewed by Brownandproudradio.com

For those who don't know, tell everybody who you are. Can you tell us about yourself and your background?

Immortal Technique: I live in Harlem NYC and I'm Peruvian and Black, I was born in el hospital militar de Lima Peru and I came here to this country when I was about 2. I have lived in Harlem for most of my life, went through high school never giving a fuck and I just took that idea to college with me. It's not like I was tryna be ghetto or act hard, I just didn't know how to act period, I was doing shit you do in the hood at college like the circumstances of life hadn't changed.

Because of your popularity, your music and message has spread to the South and to the West and the response has been very positive. Why do you feel your music and your message can cross those geographical boundaries?

I have a large Latino fan base yes, but my African brothers have always been there and I would never abandon their issues either we bleed over the same things. I am Indio Peruano Latino, however it is said and I have the blood of grandfather who was a black man and I will never talk that down or be ashamed of it like some confused Latinos who have given into (and in some instances try in vain to rationalize and justify) the racism implanted by colonial Europeans. Putos perros. Oppression though, is not limited to Black and Latino people, there are millions of white people who live below the poverty line, and who share the same unemployment issues and exploitation that we do, I have never discriminated and told a white person they didn't know shit about the hood cuz their hood is different than ours, the trailer park and low income housing is just a different dimension from the projects, from the sealed off communities with horrible drinking water, than the reservations... Since Caroline/EMI started distributing the album we have reached lots of Whites, Asians and Middle Eastern people. Nothing could please me more then to see a diverse group of people at every fuckin' show that I have, I think people sound stupid when the criticize any Black and Latino artist who has any white fans...Who buys 50 cents music? White people, who buys Lil' Jon records and Jay-Z records, Dipset, Snoop and Nas ? White people, like it or not they are the major supporters of Hip Hop...I welcome muthafuckaz that are about something at my shows and I welcome them buying my music and supporting hardcore street truth, no matter what color or nationality they are…After all that's what Hip Hop is supposed to be about.

Read the whole thing click  here

Hole Is Ice

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 02:08:31 PM »
ya man these ppl be callin him racist n shit. that foo aint got nothin against white people. he's got something against corrupt ppl runnin this country.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 02:22:29 PM »
I have a large Latino fan base yes, but my African brothers have always been there and I would never abandon their issues either we bleed over the same things. I am Indio Peruano Latino, however it is said and I have the blood of grandfather who was a black man.

His grandfather was black, so he's 1/4 at the most.  I said he wasn't black cause of the way he looks, and I'm right, 1/4 or 1/8 doesn't make you black.

Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

SGV

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 02:33:41 PM »
How doesn't it make you Black? LMAO. If I believe even if you're 1/16 Black, you'd be considered Black.

Edit: He has Black ancestors. His Grandfather was Black, that means his mother or father are 1/2 Black. But, he's not?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 02:35:00 PM by SGV »

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2004, 02:36:10 PM »
How doesn't it make you Black? LMAO. If I believe even if you're 1/16 Black, you'd be considered Black.

He has Black ancestors. That means, his mother or father are 1/2 Black. But, he's not?

So if my great-great-great-great-great grandmother was a black women and everyone else in my family was white, am I still a black man?
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

SGV

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2004, 02:40:58 PM »
Probably not. Now, if it was your Great Grandmother, I'd say yes. Like I said, if I'm not mistaken 1/16 of "Black blood" makes you Black, by blood.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2004, 02:49:11 PM »
Probably not. Now, if it was your Great Grandmother, I'd say yes. Like I said, if I'm not mistaken 1/16 of "Black blood" makes you Black, by blood.

LOL. so black ppl count 16 times more than white ppl or what?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2004, 02:57:42 PM »
Their genes are usually stronger, yes. That's why Half Black/Half White's look more Black.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2004, 03:00:31 PM »
Their genes are usually stronger, yes. That's why Half Black/Half White's look more Black.

I guess they usually look more black cause...
- mix equal amounts of black paint with white paint
the new color you get--tell me: is it more black or more white  ???
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 03:02:39 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2004, 03:01:58 PM »
I'll put it this way. I'm at work right now. My boy is half black and half white. He looks more black.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2004, 03:04:21 PM »
Aiight then I'll put it this way: You're a moron.  ;) :D
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2004, 03:05:46 PM »
Awwww, proven wrong, so you resort to dissing. Good job.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2004, 03:10:34 PM »
Awwww, proven wrong, so you resort to dissing. Good job.

LOL yea you sure proved Im wrong.. fuckin daydreamer! You said a dude you know whos half white/black looks more black. Wow. Not that I never denied it usually is like that, it's also a unnecessary, unrepresentative comment. Good job.
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2004, 03:15:05 PM »
Unnecessary? How? LOL. They're examples. Once again, you can't disprove that Black genes are not more defined than White's, while I can prove that they are. So...Yea, you're wrong.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2004, 03:21:26 PM »
Unnecessary? How? LOL. They're examples. Once again, you can't disprove that Black genes are not more defined than White's, while I can prove that they are. So...Yea, you're wrong.

You're a sick motherfucker. The genes arent stronger, a darker coler mixed with white will usually be rather like before than white. You want examples? Take Slug. He's got a black father, yet, would you call him look more black? Hell, would you even call him 'black'? You'd have to, since you say 1/16 black = black. Youre the moron.

<- guess you're right, he's close to be as dark as murs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 03:22:17 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
No, it's not a sin