Author Topic: West Coast Bad Boyz "Poppin' Collars"  (Read 1071 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
West Coast Bad Boyz "Poppin' Collars"
« on: March 29, 2002, 04:53:41 PM »
I give this cd a 6 out of 10, over all its a good CD, just that Master P, should of used some new songs on the CD, he has the Poppin Collars song from his old cd, and also the song by Krazy and Snoop, which is good, but already came out.  We all know P has a gang of tracks that are unreleased in his vaults........but n e wayz....

Track#
1. West Coast Bad Boyz, feat. W.C, E-40, Daz, Snoop, Da shocker, Master P, Goldie Loc
This Cut is good, dont get me wrong, but it kinda gets boring after awhile, but its good to have so many west coast peeps representing on the track, thought some of them would come tighter....you can tell the track is kinda old, cause Daz says something like Kurupt and him fuckin shit up......and this CD must of been completed back in 2001, cause the copyright date on it has 2001 and not 2002!
Produced by Soopafly    7 out of 10

2. Its On feat WC and Koupsta(coupe de ville)
Produced by  Broadway
Nice little cut, the beat is simple yet effective, nothing new, but has a nice little twang over the beat.  What makes the track is that it is something new from WC, which you can tell he has energy, and makes me wonder what his new CD will be like.
8 out of 10

3.Sick, feat. E-40, and Suga T
Produced by DJ Silk
You pretty much have to be a E-40 fan to like this song, but the Hook is nice, with his sister suga T singin sick sick sick...., the song is just about being Sick, and how the bay is sick.  you all know he is sick wid it......the beat makes you bob your head, and is something good to ride to in my opinion...dont think E-40 tried to hard on this track......but the beat is good....average lyrics...
6 out of 10

4.Know About It, feat. JT tha Bigga Figga, and the Gamblaz
Nice typical beat with a piano background i believe that goes good with the beat.  Lyrics, wise, JT brings it, even though he has been in this game a long as time, he brings it like it is fresh and new, and has energy. I like the Gamblaz, and have heard them before, so no new ground here, the song is just basically know about your business and know that they handle there bizness.
Produced by  Benny Block
7 out of 10

5. We Duez It Big" feat . Gun City
Produced by Sleep
Never heard of them before, but that is what makes West coast bad boyz a good over all CD, you get to hear acts that are new, and have no airplay or no other major outlet for distribution.  The Beat is good, kinda sick wid it....makes you want to hear the song over, the chorus goes like this..and sounds like this....We dooo's it B, but they are saying We duez it Big.  this is one of those slow ride to'em type of tracks, the beat is infectious, lyrics could be tighter, but the beat brings them through......
7 out of 10 extra point for the beat....

6. We Bust, feat. Chico and Coolwadda, and Dapadawn
Produced by Kenny Kas
Never really listened to these cats before, but the lyrics not the beat made the song enjoyable.  All came forcefull, with there lyrics, and it made the song. Simple Beat, but gets the job done, he says something like i have a friend thats a po po, and another that is a gang banger, which means i can get away with a drive by...something like that....over all its a good ass song, to get your c-walk on, or b-walk on. We bust is self explanatory.....

7.What ya'll Want, feat. krazy and Snoop
This song is not too old, but was already released on krazy CD, that is already out, it is a good party song in my opinion, and brings out snoop in like his old form, he rides the beat perfectly on this track, and i like the way krazy tells stories, and the first part of the story in the song is kinda funny, cause Krazy didnt share the woman that gave him good head with snoop, and snoop says something like you wouldnt let me fuck the bitch, nigga you phony....good party jam song...
7 out of 10
Produced by Myke Diesel

8.The Matrix Feat. Roscoe and Bad Azz
Produced by Fingazz
To be honest, I cant stand this beat, it is horrible in my opionion, just gets on my nerves, everytime it comes on i skip to the next song.  Roscoe doesnt do anything new, same with Bad Azz, but the Beat really, really makes the song worse, Yo Fingazz, head back to the lab, and smoke some more weed, think about that beat over........
3 out of 10

9. Hater Aid  Jake Movez and Walter Goldstein
Produced by Tone Toven
This is the tightest song on the track. It is laid back, and makes you wish all songs were laid back like this.  the beat matches the artist flow, and the flow of the artist match the beat, its almost a perfect song, here is the chorus
Let me go my waaaay,
we steady ballin why ya'll drankin hate raid
Ya'll actin like some bustas,
let me go my waaaaaaay
we steady pimpin why ya'll sippin, Hate er raid

Listen to this cut, or try to get it off the internet somewhere...the last part is funny too..he is talking and goes...stay off the hater aid...then makes the sound gulp gulp gulp...shit this is what a song should be like..chill laid back, lyrics match the beat and just flows well, id buy this CD just for this song..........
some artist just have a voice that flows well, and Jake movez has one of those voices

some more lyrics--
Hitt'em likes its meant to be
change up the chemistry
jake movez and walter goldstein smooth ministry
jealous and envy has no place, if you aint ready for the truth
u aint ready for jake, bottom of the lake, is where your body goin rest, trying to take my cake, i'll put your ass to the test, nuthin but the best, is where we come here wit, while you figure out how we run this shit
11 out of 10
damn....the rest of the tracks just dont matter..lol just playin...

10. Its Official - Blaqout
Nice cut..simple beat, basically talking about how girls just want someone that is ballin, but really they dont know what they want, and its not all about ballin, its like a rap rNb joint...
Produced by Presidential Campaign
6 out of 10

11.Came Around - Jayo Felony Feat. Dulow Gang
Nice cut, probably the second best song on the CD, good beat, and Jayo raps fast and brings it on this one
Produced by Loco Productions
8 out of 10

12. Family Ties  The Gataz
nice song..slow beat, one of those slow jam, reminisce over you type of songs......or to chill with your girl, your boyz or your family.....
Produced by Lil Lee
8 out of 10

13. Poppin Them Collars  Master P, Snoop
Produced by Fredwreck
I like the song in all, but again, it came out already, nothing new, master p tries to hard with the yellin part, but his other parts are good...just the yellin has got to go....
6 out of 10

14.Nobody, WestSide Connection
Produced by Timbaland
soso, beat, soso lyrics, doenst move me at all...timb tried tooo hard...and the rest...didnt put any effort into it....cube had the best verse of them all
5 out of 10

15. the Final Outcome  The Eastsidaz
Produced by Tray Dee
Well, for this being the first cut i heard produced by Tray Dee i wont be so ruff on him.  Beat is normal, nothing out of this world, has a nice little back drop to it though, but lyrics are the same as in there other songs, so nothing new here..nothing that grabs you.
6 out of 10

16. Last Night  Brotha Lynch Hung
Produced by Khayree

Nice to hear this song on here....tight, typical Brotha Lynch muzik..u have to like him, to like this cut, but it should bring him more fans.......ok beat...could of been  little tighter....from what i have heard from Khayree in the past.
6 out of 10

there you go....go buy it..its a good cd...to chill too
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Jome

Re: West Coast Bad Boyz "Poppin' Collars"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 05:54:57 AM »
I only heard 4-5 of the tracks on here, and I disagree with most of the scores on them. I mean only 3 for the Matrix? Or only 6 for "the Final Outcome"? (Damn, I didn't know TrayC Deee was a producer, he's even good at it)

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2002, 04:56:09 PM »
Id give the CD a very solid 7.5.  Dont let the No Limit tank discourage you--if you like West Coast music, cop this.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2002, 08:00:23 PM »
I only heard 4-5 of the tracks on here, and I disagree with most of the scores on them. I mean only 3 for the Matrix? Or only 6 for "the Final Outcome"? (Damn, I didn't know TrayC Deee was a producer, he's even good at it)

3 for the matrix, because, to me, that beat the song was very irritating, the whole matrix and the phone ringing just irked the hell out of me, everytime it comes on, for me its just like one of those songs i have to skip, im thinkin the song was sound too futuristic for me.

6 for final outcome, because the lyrics sounded the same as on the eastsidaz last cd, i gave him props for producing it, but lately, on other songs besides the eastsidaz, goldie loc and tray dee seem to be repeating themselves. i like them and all, but lyrical content hasnt changed.
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2002, 08:03:30 PM »
Id give the CD a very solid 7.5.  Dont let the No Limit tank discourage you--if you like West Coast music, cop this.

yeah it would of gotten a hire score from me, but too man songs recycled.   i like alot of no limit stuff, and i know master p has a gang of unreleased material, and also he could of had more West Coast Bad Boyz on the CD, like 4-Tay and other artist, instead of recycled songs that already came out.  he could of at least did remixes to some of the other songs that already came out, but i bought the CD, and would recommend it

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 05:47:21 PM »

yeah it would of gotten a hire score from me, but too man songs recycled.   i like alot of no limit stuff, and i know master p has a gang of unreleased material, and also he could of had more West Coast Bad Boyz on the CD, like 4-Tay and other artist, instead of recycled songs that already came out.  he could of at least did remixes to some of the other songs that already came out, but i bought the CD, and would recommend it

Yah, but the recycled stuff is good.  "Poppin Collars", "What these bitches want", and "Nobody" are all hot tracks and off CDs the average consumer doesnt own.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2002, 12:41:33 PM »
8.The Matrix Feat. Roscoe and Bad Azz
Produced by Fingazz
To be honest, I cant stand this beat, it is horrible in my opionion, just gets on my nerves, everytime it comes on i skip to the next song.  Roscoe doesnt do anything new, same with Bad Azz, but the Beat really, really makes the song worse, Yo Fingazz, head back to the lab, and smoke some more weed, think about that beat over........
3 out of 10

personally i think fingazz is a good producer...these beat is crazy...the song is tight too.....fingazz laces most of mr shadows beats....his best work to me had to be HATERS....that beat is tight.....fingazz is probably the next big thing.....im hoping....

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 03:37:21 PM »
I like Pop Lockin' II (feat. W.C., E-40, DAZ & GOLDIE LOC) and It's On (feat. KOUPSTA) with WC.