Author Topic: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 1  (Read 1343 times)

Don Breezio

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 1
« on: May 13, 2004, 11:53:10 PM »

1. Creation & Destruction – good track…the beat is nothing special, lyrically its pretty good “and god said let there be light…and I turned it the fuck off” – 8/10

2. Dominant Species – I love what he says in the beginning of this song…”Yo…in a hundred years from now…everyone who’s living on this planet…will be dead”…his lyrics are definitely dope and as simples as this beat is I really like it. 9.5/10

3. Positive Balance (feat. BigZoo) – I love the beat on this…it has a different feel to it…I don’t know how to describe it really but I love it. BigZoo is pretty dope. There isn’t one bad thing about this track…Quote from Tech: “I jerk off inside books and give life to words, leavin’ concepts stuck together you probably never heard”…I love that line. I’d definitely give this a 10/10

4. The Getaway – I love this track…but there are 2 problems with it…it doesn’t start in with the amazingly dope beat until about 30 sec. into the track…and its only 2:40 seconds long…I would consider this more of an interlude. But I will give it an 8/10

5. Beef & Broccoli – just an interlude with tech giving his thoughts about all the people who have criticized him for being vegetarian…its kinda funny…its good enough to be on the album…I like how on every album tech has atleast 1 interlude where he’s just talking about something over a dope beat.

6. No Me Importa (w/ cuts by DJ BlackPanther) – I don’t really like this track…the beat is kinda weak and lyrically its kinda weak…for like the first minute and a half he’s just talkin bout fuckin some chick…I could’ve done without this track. And he’s speaking spanglish throughout the track. 5/10

7. Top Of The Food Chain Remix (feat. Poison Pen) – didn’t really like this one either…the beat was kinda wack. And poison pen reminds me too much of freeway. 5/10

8. The Poverty Of Philosophy – the beat on this has a great feel to it…and tech never actually raps…he just talks for 6:10…I love it…this is a very good track. 9.5/10

9. Revolutionary – good beat…but for some reason it reminds me of Disneyland (I have absolutely NO idea why). I love this track though. I can’t tell if its sampling a movie throughout the track or if it’s a speech by some kind of civil rights leader…either way it sounds good. 9/10

10. Spend Some Time Remix – just a little interlude…nothing special but I like it…doesn’t take anything away from the album

11. Dance With The Devil – easily the best song on the album and one of tech’s best songs of all time. This is one of the best told stories I’ve ever heard with the most twisted ending on earth. 10/10

***Bonus Untitled Hidden Track (feat. Diabolic) - great song…I love the beat and I love the lyrics, Diabolic shines on his verse…one of my favorites on the album. 10/10

12. The Prophecy – the beat on this is really good…its got a very dark feel to it…only problem is it sounds kind of…flat (as far as quality). 9/10

13. Understand Why – another interlude…good one though, its just a beat for 46 seconds with a cool little sample…I like it a lot though.

14. No Mercy – “every time I flex styles, niggas vacate the premises and become exiles”…tech shines lyrically on this one…the beat is very simple but its good. 9/10

15. The Illest (feat. Jean Grae & Pumpkinhead w/ cuts by DJ Dpone) – the beat could’ve been a little better, jean grae came dope as she always does, as well as Pumpkinhead…I need to check more of his stuff…he’s really good. Tech came dope as hell on this track…the beat fits the song well its just not my style. 8/10

16. Speak Your Mind (Hidden Track feat. Diabolic) – I think this is my favorite track on the album besides Dance With The Devil. There isn’t a beat but more of a classical tune to it…and yet tech brings great lyrics along with a great flow to it. “I’m Tryin To Save The Earth, But You’re Just Gettin’ In Line To Rape Her” 10/10

Overall its not as good as Revolutionary Vol. 2 but it is definitely worth buying. It’s a very good album. 8.5/10

Leggy Hendrix

Re:Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 1
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 02:15:28 AM »
nice review... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:38:13 AM »
Dope review Luke, thanks.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 06:11:39 PM »
I still gotta pick this one up, thanks for the review.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Sikotic™

Re: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 1
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 04:21:15 PM »
Excellent political album. VIVA LA REVOLUCIONE!!!!!!!!!!

8/10
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

xOvErDozEx

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 10:37:55 AM »
where can i buy this cd from it seems good, i have revolutionary vol. 2 but i want volume 1 as well

do you kno of a website i can order from?

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 06:37:23 PM »
I liked this album better than the second one.  "Dance With The Devil" is one of the dopest tracks that I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.  It's crazyyyyy.

10dency

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 12:53:08 AM »
I JUST FINISHED LISTENING TO THE ALBUM...ID GIVE IT A SOLID 10...DEF ONE OF THE BEST IVE HEARD

AND OH YEAH DANCE WITH THE DEVIL IS PROLLY THE BEST SONG/STORY EVER IVE HEARD FROM AN EMCEE
DEF TEH BEST ON TEH ALBUM

GO GET IT YALLS U WONT BE DISSIPOINTED
ayo...

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 06:16:51 PM »
I JUST FINISHED LISTENING TO THE ALBUM...ID GIVE IT A SOLID 10...DEF ONE OF THE BEST IVE HEARD

AND OH YEAH DANCE WITH THE DEVIL IS PROLLY THE BEST SONG/STORY EVER IVE HEARD FROM AN EMCEE

Dance with the Devil left me stunned after hearing it. I put that shit on loop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 07:32:41 PM »

Dance with the Devil left me stunned after hearing it. I put that shit on loop.

Loop for a week straight.