Author Topic: uk petrol prices update..  (Read 259 times)

Don Seer

uk petrol prices update..
« on: May 14, 2004, 11:20:53 AM »

there is a demonstration planned in scotland on june 15th.

the guy that organised the strikes (david handley from farmers for action) here 4 years ago has given the govt. 2 weeks to announce a solution.

Trauma-san

Re:uk petrol prices update..
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 03:18:09 PM »
OOOOOh, they're not going to DEMONSTRATE! Isn't that where they go stand in front of a place with signs and shit?  

Somebody give me 1 example of where a demonstration has worked.  

Jome

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 03:31:40 PM »
OOOOOh, they're not going to DEMONSTRATE! Isn't that where they go stand in front of a place with signs and shit?  

Somebody give me 1 example of where a demonstration has worked.  

Yeah, they should bomb them instead, or shoot up the Queens palace.
Much more efficient.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 03:28:29 AM »
hahah no trauma, they arent demonstrating with signs n shit. why didnt u look up what they did last time?

u see what happens is.. all the farmers + hauliers drive through london and on major motorways in their rigs n shit at about 4 miles per hour...

it pretty much fucks everything up... a city filled with huge trucks? lmao

they also blockade the exits for the refinement places where the petrol comes from... that leaves no new petrol getting to pumps.. then results in all the petrol stations in the country running out..

more impact than a girly sign eh? :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 03:29:45 AM by Overseer »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 07:11:25 AM »
the governemnt has made some changes to the law they are gonna bring the army in to force to them tostop blocking the petrol distribution networks.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 07:28:03 AM »
they gonna shoot em?  :o lol

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 01:09:59 PM »
don't know the details they are secret plans and with petrol set to go up to 90p a litre over the next month and tax to rise 2p a litre in september (already at 75%) i'm sure they are determined not to let britian come to stand still again

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 10:10:53 PM »
hahah no trauma, they arent demonstrating with signs n shit. why didnt u look up what they did last time?

u see what happens is.. all the farmers + hauliers drive through london and on major motorways in their rigs n shit at about 4 miles per hour...

it pretty much fucks everything up... a city filled with huge trucks? lmao

they also blockade the exits for the refinement places where the petrol comes from... that leaves no new petrol getting to pumps.. then results in all the petrol stations in the country running out..

more impact than a girly sign eh? :)

So in other words, "Civil Disobediance".  Bullshit.  They should get their asses kicked for being too bitch made to not be able to make a change without breaking the law.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 02:33:06 AM »
the whole country supported them, this wasn't their first avenue of protest either it was a last resort. we may have a democracy but the way i see it is that tony blair has a very autocratic leader style, in other words he is not afraid of making unpopular decisions.

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 03:01:30 AM »
true true.

the way i see it..  they're trying to turn this country into a 'futuristic' one away from traditional things like farming (wheras in france famers have massive power in comparison to ours).. and putting more 'stock' in things like technology and the 'invisible' industries of money. pushing people to be academic instead of them learning a trade. kids that used to end up learning a trade now end up either working in factories doing mundane stuff or in retail.

(this isnt just labours fault)

the net result of this policy is that there are now shortages of skilled labour in this country. those tradesmen that are still in business have more work than they can handle. from what i've seen plumbers, carpenters and plasterers especially are making a killing right now. others like electricians, builders and gas engineers are doing well too.

anyways.. sympathy was with them, everybody wants the prices to be lower.. its just a bit annoying not to be able to get fuel. reminds me.. i better fill up later before prices go up!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 04:15:54 AM »
yea i filled my tank up last week at 81 its already at 83

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 04:51:49 AM »
i guess until it settles its better to keep the tank topped right up... even tho the extra weight will affect economy.. bleh.. lol .. plus its safer as if fuel does get scarce you'll have quite a bit in reserve.. depends how many miles ya do i guess..

I-Yoof

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 11:06:36 AM »
the net result of this policy is that there are now shortages of skilled labour in this country. those tradesmen that are still in business have more work than they can handle. from what i've seen plumbers, carpenters and plasterers especially are making a killing right now. others like electricians, builders and gas engineers are doing well too.

True. People would rather sit on a computer for a living then actually become skilled in a trade. Nowadays, however, its beginning to change. Try getting into a plumbing course-can be pretty hard, I know, I've tried. Once you have the qualifications you are sorted for life.

Joachim

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 11:15:30 AM »
I retrained as a carpenter/joiner last year, its fucking great money. Im hoping to get into dry lining tho, cos theres serious honey in that game, its the future of housing and its piss easy work.

On petrol, i paid 85p in North London today but my brother paid 88p out in Essex on Saturday.

I-Yoof

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 11:22:16 AM »
Wouldn't it be hard to just get involved in dry lining though-could see it been more construction based on the whole. I've done construction aptitude test and pissed them, but I don't want to just get involved in basic building work.