Author Topic: uk petrol prices update..  (Read 271 times)

Joachim

Re:uk petrol prices update..
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 11:34:45 AM »
Its hard to get into 'cos its still a fairly new method of building, but if theres any dry lining companies near you give 'em a ring bruv. Have you tried contacting CITB?

I-Yoof

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 11:38:22 AM »
Its hard to get into 'cos its still a fairly new method of building, but if theres any dry lining companies near you give 'em a ring bruv. Have you tried contacting CITB?

Yeah, I had a test with them. Walked it. But at the time I was interested in plumbing and they said they had no vacancies in plumbing. I might give them a ring and see where I stand.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 08:41:41 PM »
the whole country supported them, this wasn't their first avenue of protest either it was a last resort. we may have a democracy but the way i see it is that tony blair has a very autocratic leader style, in other words he is not afraid of making unpopular decisions.

In other words, he's a true Leader.  A leader in a democracy isn't elected to decide what the people decide, he's elected to represent the people and decide what he decides.  Tony Blair's a good man, he intends to do right by England, even if the population doesn't agree with it.  

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2004, 03:05:23 AM »
i agree but he has not had a good couple of years
top up fees
nhs budget increases make little improvements
petrol
iraq
david kelly
school funding (labours biggest pledge was for improvements in education and now we have lots of reduncies due to lack of funds)
immegration/assylum
alligence with america
eu constitution

i could go on but u get the jist TB has made kept us dissappointed on lots of things recently which is why he'll go, even his own party are plotting to get rid of him (even tho hes labour's only chance of winning), one thing he can't be denied is his leadership ability though his charismatic approach he is a very effective communicator and a strong leader. its a shame he has to go i've always liked and respected him and agree with many of his views, but aslong as they don't make too many budget cuts i think the tories will be much more effective at running the country.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 03:12:28 AM »
yeah shits screwed.. but still... nationally i'd still rather vote labour than conservative. lib dems havent a chance on that level.

lib dems have a better chance against the conservatives down here in local elections though. (cons barely gotin last time, mostly because turnout was so low.. next time it'll be a diff matter..)