Author Topic: Brian Wilson has Sir Peter Blake come out of retirement to create new Albumcover  (Read 142 times)

Trauma-san

Brian Wilson is running at 100 miles an hour, this guy is I guess trying to make up for lost time.  He just re-recorded SMiLE in it's entirety and said "We got everything perfect", so that's coming out along with a United States tour in October.. but he's also got a new CD of new material coming out... he needed an album cover, and had Sir Peter Blake, the man who created the album cover for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" (maybe the most famous album cover in the world) design his new one.  He cut it out by hand, and assembled it the old fashioned way, no computers, no photoshop.  Sir Blake is retired, but came out of retirement especially for Brian's new cd.  Cool shit.  

« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 03:05:47 PM by SMiLE »

Trauma-san

Oh, and ever the perfectionist, Brian sang every lead and backing vocal on the CD.  LOL.  real fucker.  According to him, there's 40 different voices on some songs, all sang by him and then touched up in the studio to make the harmony perfect.  In the studio (as per. his last album), he sounds as good as he did when he started the Beach Boys, it's amazing.  He's also producing this album in full, which is the first time he's done this since The Beach Boy's 1976 Album, "The Beach Boys Love You".  The turnaround in this guy is incredible, it's like seeing the dead resurrected... amazing.  

Tracklisting:

GETTIN' IN OVER MY HEAD
Produced and Arranged by Brian Wilson
(Total Time 53:39)

1. How Could We Still Be Dancin' - Brian Wilson and Elton John (4:47)
(B. Wilson/J. Thomas)

2. Soul Searchin' - Brian Wilson and Carl Wilson (4:12)
(B. Wilson/A. Paley)

3. You've Touched Me (3:25)
(B. Wilson/S. Kalinich)

4. Gettin' In Over My Head (4:31)
(B. Wilson/A. Paley)

5. City Blues - Brian Wilson and Eric Clapton (4:24)
(B. Wilson)

6. Desert Drive (3:37)
(B. Wilson/A. Paley)

7. A Friend Like You - Brian Wilson & Paul McCartney (3:42)
(B. Wilson/S. Kalinich)

8. Make A Wish (3:52)
(B. Wilson)

9. Rainbow Eyes (4:08)
(B. Wilson)

10. Saturday Morning In The City (2:58)
(B. Wilson/A. Paley)

11. Fairy Tale (5:31)
(B. Wilson/D. Foster)

12. Don't Let Her Know She's An Angel (4:22)
(B. Wilson)

13. The Waltz (4:10)
(B. Wilson/V. Parks)

Special Guest Performances by:
Eric Clapton: guitar, "City Blues"
Elton John: lead vocal & acoustic piano, "How Could We Still Be Dancin'"
Paul McCartney: vocal & acoustic guitar, "A Friend Like You"
Carl Wilson: lead vocal, "Soul Searchin'"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i aint gonna lie, that album cover looks nice, the the st pepper 1 is amazing, so wen this album come out?

Trauma-san

June 22nd.   I'm not saying it's going to be everybody's style, but it's still info about a living breathing legend yall should know about.  I don't buy every album Eric Clapton or B.B. King put out, but it's still nice to know when they do.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

So , is this a new album with totaly new material ? What happened to smile ?

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
The cover looks cool. Would have been better with less gray and more pics imo... I want to hear this album.
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Any idea what this LP is gonna sound like? Pet Sounds and SMiLE are dope as fuck, but a lot of the Beach Boys releases are crappy pop songs about surfing, admittedly thats his older stuff and  later when he wasn't in control, but i was just wondering what the sonic approach he's taking with this release. And Elton John is not a good thing on an album.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Can't wait.

Trauma-san

So , is this a new album with totaly new material ? What happened to smile ?

He's releasing both.  SMiLE

Trauma-san

Any idea what this LP is gonna sound like? Pet Sounds and SMiLE are dope as fuck, but a lot of the Beach Boys releases are crappy pop songs about surfing, admittedly thats his older stuff and  later when he wasn't in control, but i was just wondering what the sonic approach he's taking with this release. And Elton John is not a good thing on an album.

Prob. Nothing you'll like.  After his 1998 album, Imagination (which he didn't produce, and it ended up having an adult contemporary type feel), he said his next album would be a "Rock and Roll" album.  This one will sound more like his 1970's stuff, like "Love You".  If you've heard "Roller Skating Girl" or the unreleased "Still I Dream of It", it's going to be stuff like that... as for his "pop songs about surfing", you must have missed the genius in them... remember Brian doesn't write many lyrics, he's more about the music... even "California Girls" has one of the greatest instrumental tracks ever written.  Come on, you know it's true...