Author Topic: Warren G- I Want It All  (Read 1653 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Warren G- I Want It All
« on: July 31, 2001, 04:19:33 PM »
Warren G- I Want It All
Released In 1999 On Restless Records

Warren G's Third Solo Release After the multi-platinum regulate and the very underrated and poor distributioned reality "take a look over your shoulder".

1. Intro- after hearing this beginning you have to question what is headed, hmmm, good or bad.

2. Gangsta Love (Feat. Kurupt, Nate Dogg & Rbx)- well if you think that warren g might've lost his g-funk touch than you are wrong cause this shit is g-funk at it's finest. with an good appearance by nate dogg as usual and kurupt is on point this song sounds pretty tight. warren and rbx even sound good on this one, not classic but strong. 4/5

3. Why Oh Why (Feat. Daz & Kurupt)- here is another real g-funk track and it sound like daz added a little touch to it to make it a tight beat. all three sound good as they coast over this beat well. although i do think that warren could've sounded better, he isn't the greatest emcee out there anyway, cool hook to this one by daz as well. 4/5

4. Dollars Make Sense (Feat. Kurupt & Crucial Conflict)- the beat is questionable for a warren cd. it sounds like it needs a fast flow to it and warren cannot provide so it doesn't fit very well. crucial conflict who have that fast flow don't sound that good mainly because of the annoyance of their voices, the hook isn't good at all either. 2.5/5

5. I Want It All (Feat. Mack 10)- well most of yall know this as the song that made the cd what it was because we really didn't see any other singles off this cd. the beat is laid back and tight but the lyrics and hook are not that good mainly because he's talking about all that money and ice shit. mack 10 doesn't impress on this song expecially when i look back at it now because he was promoting his lable which doesn't exist now and he is a part of cash money. the song was catchy and i'll give it that but it becomes boring fast. 3.5/5

6. Havin' Things (Feat. JD & Nate Dogg)- this beat sounds very JD influenced but it isn't all that bad but it isn't great at the same time though. the lyrics are basically only about havin' things. the hook with nate on it is surpriseingly uncreative and lacks dopeness considering nate's on it. nate does have a decent verse which somewhat makes up for his chorus. JD is the highlight of the song so that should tell you something. 2.5/5

7. You Never Know (Feat. Snoop, Phats Bossi & Reel Tight)- i really hate this beat and can't listen to this track. i honestly think it sucks and shouldn't deserve to even be put on a cash money cd. nothing can save this song, snoop is lazy, nothing good to say, ill leave it at that. 1.5/5

8. My Momma (Ola Mae)- for a dedication to his mom. should of been left off the cd because well it sucks. the hook is one of the most annoying sounds i've ever heard and this is a must skip track. i think i've only listened through this song twice before. 1.5/5

9. G Spot- well we get back to the g-funk. although this song isn't the greatest it does pick the cd back up from the horrible slump it was going through after an awesome start. the beat is very reminissant of the beat from "what's love got to do with it" off his second cd. i've thought that since i first heard it. it's a good song with a decent hook and a g-funk sound so i usually listen to this song when i play this cd. 3/5

10. We Got That (Feat. Eve, Drag-On & Shadow)- i'm not a big ruff ryders fan but this song is covered in rr's and it's a dope song. this shit is raw and could've been made a single on a rr compilation which makes me wonder why this was on warren's cd because the beat even sounds rr dominated with a little touch of warren g. . 4/5

11. Dope Beat- Well the hook starts the song and it makes me want to turn the song right off the bat but if you listen through it you will find there is some decent but not great g-funk after. the beat is pretty tight and his lyrics are decent but good for warren. this song is alright. 3/5

12. World Wide Ryders (Feat. Neb Love, K-Bar)- This song definately is g-funk and it's pretty tight. the hook it's catchy and tight. Neb Love sucks and ruins the song wherever she's at. but it's still a song that deserves to be listened to. a smoking a joint type of song, or a song you listen to in the ride late at night. 3.5/5

13. Game Don't Wait (Feat. Nate Dogg & Snoop)- the return of 213 but it isn't an awesome track. nate dogg is tight as hell though. the remix to this track which wasn't included on this cd was classic. i think if it was included this cd would've sold alot better. you can't even compare this song to the remix because the original isn't that great. it's g-funk though. 3/5

14. If We Give You A Chance (Feat. Slick Rick & Phat Bossi)- it's an alright song but you can tell that you are getting near to the end of the cd and you almost want it to end because at this point you're disappointed in what you have purchased. there are no real highlights to this song besides slick rick who is tight as usual. 3/5

15. I Want It All Remix (Feat. Memphis Bleek, Drag-On & Tikki Diamond)- bad song, doesn't belong on a warren g cd. i don't want to review this track. 2/5

16. Outro- Thank God it's over.

well this cd started off looking like it might have the potential to be a classic with the first two songs and then headed downhill from there. the lack of dope tracks and g-funk that you can feel like regulate makes this cd a bore and a skip most the songs type of deal. personally i was a huge warren g fan during his first two cds and this cd turned me off towards him. whether or not he releases another cd doesn't really matter to me because this cd was a disappointment and a let down. track 10 we got that is in the top 3 best songs on the cd and it's smothered in ruff ryders and warren don't even rap on it. i want it all remix is pointless and upsetting. and what made me real pissed is that they didn't put the game don't wait remix on here which would've been the highlight of the cd. i give this cd about a 5.5/10.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G- I Want It All
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2001, 05:18:51 PM »
god review... i dont have this cd.. so i cant say ir ur rght or wrongor anything but u described it pretty good

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2001, 07:07:57 PM »
i already did a review on this album , nice review but next time your in here, cut and paste your review to the post already about it, thanks

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2001, 08:08:12 PM »
Wow this review was harsh,  i give this cd 7/ 10,  i like the oringinal version of the game dont wait more than the remix an i want it all was a phat song

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2001, 10:20:56 AM »
my bad, i didn't no you did a review already, peace.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2001, 01:07:58 PM »
Woahhhhh....5.5/10? That's really harsh...I'd say a 8.5/10...

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2001, 03:43:57 PM »
i wasnt really feelin that aslbum as much as i thort i wud...7/10

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2001, 05:06:13 AM »
a 5.5 damn, thats crazy., this album wasnt that bad in my view

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2001, 02:21:59 AM »
i know huh, what's up with a 5 ?

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2001, 11:44:33 AM »
what's up with a 5.5, that's what it deserved. if you give it any higher than a 6 than you are lying. that album had no affect on rap whatsoever, it didn't change the game, it didn't sell, it didn't make warren g look like the dude that came out with regulate g funk era in 94, it didn't have a classic song on the whole cd, his lyrics were shitty, the featurings were from peeps that i couldn't believe were placed on a warren g cd, including two tracks that had nothing to do with warren, too many wack songs, too many times you wanna skip through songs and get the cd over with, didn't get rotation in my cd player for longer than a week, wasn't g-funk enough, no twinz, where was the dove shack, it seemed like the cd was rushed, no promotion becuase it didn't deserve it, is that enough reasons. this cd was bad, it came out around 2001 and streetz time so it made it even look worse. what is good with this cd besides songs 2,3?  , peace.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2001, 11:45:08 AM »
what's up with a 5.5, that's what it deserved. if you give it any higher than a 6 than you are lying. that album had no affect on rap whatsoever, it didn't change the game, it didn't sell, it didn't make warren g look like the dude that came out with regulate g funk era in 94, it didn't have a classic song on the whole cd, his lyrics were shitty, the featurings were from peeps that i couldn't believe were placed on a warren g cd, including two tracks that had nothing to do with warren, too many wack songs, too many times you wanna skip through songs and get the cd over with, didn't get rotation in my cd player for longer than a week, wasn't g-funk enough, no twinz, where was the dove shack, it seemed like the cd was rushed, no promotion becuase it didn't deserve it, is that enough reasons. this cd was bad, it came out around 2001 and streetz time so it made it even look worse. what is good with this cd besides songs 2,3?  , peace.

xz

• 'G'
  • dead disney muthafuckas... 2002 shit
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2001, 12:00:12 PM »
good review, i havn't heard the album, but good indepth review.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2001, 12:14:48 AM »

do you sniff bleach?

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2001, 01:08:58 PM »
haha, nah, i just don't like the album or thinks it's quality, i thought his first two cds were awesome then this came out and totally turned me off to warren g, peace.

Doggystylin

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2001, 08:50:36 PM »
i like his albums in order

1.regulate...g-funk era
2.take a look over ya shoulder
3.i want it all