Author Topic: Under Age drinking pt 2, i got a lawyer  (Read 332 times)

JTSimon

Re:Under Age drinking pt 2, i got a lawyer
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 09:29:04 PM »
Regardless of the laws, you're still dying to get here.  You've got a calendar, with a big X on it 2 years from now... "Happiest Day of My life" penciled in above.  

You hate it, but you know it's true.  

Yeah every1 is dying to move to North Carolina  ;D

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 05:22:55 AM »
i knew u guys had that crazy age limit, but i didnt know it was actually enforced this vigorously. It's kinda scary that the government think your responsible enough to drive at 16 but too irresponsible to drink at 20.

Over here the age limit is 18, and the kids usually buy with fake ID. I'm 19 and i'm a barman in a club and i have to say that theres reallly no difference in maturity between 18 and 21, i really dont understand it.

Like trauma said, i'll look forward to visiting america to work and travel for a summer, when im 21, but it's kinda fucked up that we've been adults for 2 yrs here and we're a kid when we go to the states. If anything it really discourages young tourists from going, giving the european countries an unfair advantage
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Woodrow

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 04:27:33 PM »
There's a HUGE difference in maturity between somebody who is 18, and somebody who is 21.

We Fly High

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 04:47:07 PM »
haha yeah, there is a pretty big difference between 18 and 21. 18 ur still a high school senior, and by 21 you're prob a senior in college. you mature so much during that time. unless you're just a stupid fuck that stays the same.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 05:25:56 PM »
Regardless of the laws, you're still dying to get here.  You've got a calendar, with a big X on it 2 years from now... "Happiest Day of My life" penciled in above.  

You hate it, but you know it's true.  

Yeah every1 is dying to move to North Carolina  ;D
hahahahaha

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 05:26:57 PM »
Damn!!  I just got a $29 jay-walking ticket.  Fuck that.  I'm calling Johnny Cochran. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 06:03:28 PM »
^^LMAO...I dunno where u live, but I got caught drinking, and the police just told me to put my shit away...You probably live in Virginia or some shit.

SGV

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 06:14:34 PM »
Yea, usually Cops don't trip. I remember me and my boy split a bottle of Grolschlager(spelling) and had a few beers before the Club. We on the freeway and the cops pulled us over. They made him touch his nose, stand on one leg, etc. and let him go. They came to my side and told me, "how much have you drank?" I told em, "nothing." He looked at me and said, "I smell it on your breath, how much did you drink?" "Only 1 or 2 beers." He asked for my idea, he's like "You're not even old enough to drink." I was 18 at the time, but since my boy passed he just gave me back my ID and we bounced.

BTW, you're still an idiot for getting caught and even dumber for getting a lawyer.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 06:24:48 PM »
The news have a gang of stories on tv this week bout underage drinking and arrests because it's high school graduations week.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 07:13:03 PM »
Yea, usually Cops don't trip. I remember me and my boy split a bottle of Grolschlager(spelling) and had a few beers before the Club. We on the freeway and the cops pulled us over. They made him touch his nose, stand on one leg, etc. and let him go. They came to my side and told me, "how much have you drank?" I told em, "nothing." He looked at me and said, "I smell it on your breath, how much did you drink?" "Only 1 or 2 beers." He asked for my idea, he's like "You're not even old enough to drink." I was 18 at the time, but since my boy passed he just gave me back my ID and we bounced.

BTW, you're still an idiot for getting caught and even dumber for getting a lawyer.
wow, give that cop a medal.... i dont know any cops in my area that would let kids go, if they knew they drank... and i am dumb for getting caught, but not for getting a lawyer, i would have 6 or more month lisence suspension

hector

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 07:15:38 PM »

doesn't matter if you already have drinken the beer if your underage, they can't do shit for that.  you have to actually have the beer in your hands.

and college towns bust people for this all the time.  the police in towns ain't got shit else to do, and the tickets bring in a shitload of money.  I have lived in 2 college towns, and the pigs would luv giving out these types of tickets.  they would even go undercover and bust people.  It's not about being stupid getting one of these tickets most the time, its a matter of bad luck.  I know many people, including myself, that just got extremely unlucky.

Woodrow

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 07:20:26 PM »
doesn't matter if you already have drinken the beer if your underage, they can't do shit for that.  you have to actually have the beer in your hands.
Not true. If you have the beer in your stomach, you are still in 'Possession' of it. That’s the way it is in Oregon, and the way it is in San Diego, and I'd imagine, in all of California.

I say good job on getting a lawyer. It's a smart move. Did you check out free legal representation first? Most of the lawyers are shit, but for small things like you got, it's better than nothing or paying full price for a lawyer. Anyways, keep us updated and good luck.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 07:23:35 PM by Krayze-Eyez Killah »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 07:34:30 PM »
Not true. If you have the beer in your stomach, you are still in 'Possession' of it. That’s the way it is in Oregon, and the way it is in San Diego, and I'd imagine, in all of California.

I say good job on getting a lawyer. It's a smart move. Did you check out free legal representation first? Most of the lawyers are shit, but for small things like you got, it's better than nothing or paying full price for a lawyer. Anyways, keep us updated and good luck.

i agree with 1 about the 1st point, if they give u a breathalizer, and u have even .0000000000000000001, and ur under 21, UNDER AGE DRINKING, im sure if ur 20, they wont be dick, but... 18, they will

and about the free lawyer, no i didnt, i dont care about the 500 that much... i spend that much in a weekend. (im not rich or anything, just...). plus i was expecting a lot more...

hector

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 07:50:38 PM »
naw man, you can't get in trouble in california for having drinkin alchol if you are underage.  Unless you are drunk, then you get a drunk in public (only if you are in public), but you can get that no matter what age.  but if a cop gets a noise complaint at a party, and everyone is drunk but there is no alcohol left, the cop can only give a noise violation.  You can't get a drunk in public cause your on private property, and you can't get a minor in possession, cause you don't possess any alcohol.

Just like if you just smoked a joint in the park with your boys.  about 5 min after you finish it a cop sneaks up on ya and can still smell it.  as long as no one still has weed, the cop can't do shit, even tho everyone is stoned.  

The only way a cop can prove that you have been drinking, is if:

A) he sees you drink
or
B) he give you a breathalizer

and you don't ever have to take a breathalizer, unless you are driving.  So pretty much a cop cannot prove that an minor has been drinking unless he sees you, you admit to it, or you agree to a breathalizer test.

Woodrow

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 09:33:54 PM »
That makes no sense at all.

I'd be willing to bet you $10 bucks that isn't the case.

If you have the alcohol in your stomach, you still possess it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 09:34:20 PM by Krayze-Eyez Killah »