Poll

who is better and why???

prince
8 (61.5%)
michael jackson
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: PRINCE vs Michael jackson  (Read 187 times)

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
PRINCE vs Michael jackson
« on: May 18, 2004, 05:40:59 PM »
I wasn't really feelin' the Curtis Mayfield vs Prince Poll , Because I hold curtis Mayfield in the highest regard as far as ALL musicians are concerned. I felt that this poll was more appropriate.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:PRINCE vs Michael jackson
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 06:15:35 PM »
i thought we already had this, well i vote MJ, cause hes white

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 07:02:17 PM »
Prince is way better IMO than MJ, I like MJ but Prince is just the greatest.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 08:23:03 PM »
i thought we already had this, well i vote MJ, cause hes white

sorry homie I'm a newb..... thanx for voting anyway.

peace,
VEGAZ

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 01:19:32 AM »
well i dont remember this thread but you put this up at a perfect time...i actually was listening to both while i was getting ready for work this morning. in my opinion they are both equal but i voted for prince because he made one of my favorite songs of all time "when doves cry"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 09:25:23 PM »
well i dont remember this thread but you put this up at a perfect time...i actually was listening to both while i was getting ready for work this morning. in my opinion they are both equal but i voted for prince because he made one of my favorite songs of all time "when doves cry"

How can you compare two totally different artists like that? lol........... just kidding around.

I think I'll take the winner of this pole and put him against Larry Bird in a new thread, now that would be a debate for the ages.............Prince vs Bird. Who would win?

By the way I voted for Prince (but Bruce is still better than both).

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 11:05:16 PM »
Def. Prince. Prince writes all his own songs...

Michael's just the greatest dancer that ever lived, writes half his songs, co-produced, co-wrote and performed the greatest selling album of all time, has records all over the world for concert attendance, is in the guiness book of world records for celebrity that's given to the most charities, plays drums, guitar, and piano, has been an international superstar, celebrity musician since he was 8, and has met 3 presidents.  

Def. Prince.  He made that fuckin' "Seven" song.  WHOO!!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 11:09:09 PM by SMiLE »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2004, 08:51:42 AM »
Def. Prince. Prince writes all his own songs...

Michael's just the greatest dancer that ever lived, writes half his songs, co-produced, co-wrote and performed the greatest selling album of all time, has records all over the world for concert attendance, is in the guiness book of world records for celebrity that's given to the most charities, plays drums, guitar, and piano, has been an international superstar, celebrity musician since he was 8, and has met 3 presidents.  

Def. Prince.  He made that fuckin' "Seven" song.  WHOO!!!!

What does dancing, records sold, being an international superstar, being a celebrity since 8, meeting 3 presidents, etc.....have to with his music?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris