Author Topic: freed after an 18-year jail sentence for leaking Israel's atomic weapons secret  (Read 505 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
but u can't just make up rules just for the countries u don't like and not apply them to everyone else.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
than why the hell it aplies on Israel and does not aply to many european countries or the usa?
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i agree but the cold war played a major part in this

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so u're saying the cold war can be used as a justification for having nuclear weapons but a physical day to day war here in Israel with constant intimidation and a history of wars with many mid eastern countries can't be?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 06:43:06 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
well they didn't need it until israel got it first.

israel now arrested one of our journalists over this shit, there must be lots more shady shit they are trying to cover up.

UK journalist arrested in Israel
Israeli police have arrested a British journalist who interviewed Mordechai Vanunu - the man jailed for revealing Israel's nuclear secrets - in 1986.
The arrest of Peter Hounam, 60, has been confirmed by the Israeli prime minister's office.

Mr Hounam was making a documentary for the BBC, which said it was aware he had been arrested and was "very concerned".

Mr Vanunu, 50, was released from an Israeli prison in April after serving an 18-year jail sentence for spying.

Gagging order

Under the terms of his release, Mr Vanunu was forbidden from giving interviews, meeting foreigners and discussing his work as a technician at Israel's nuclear reactor in Dimona.

We are trying to establish exactly what the situation is, where he is now and why he has been detained
Sean Ryan, The Sunday Times

The BBC has not released any information on the documentary Mr Hounam was making and no details of his arrest have been released because of an Israeli government gagging order.

A UK Foreign Office spokesman said: "We have been informed that a journalist may have been arrested and our consular staff are looking into it."

Mr Hounam exposed Israel's atomic secrets in a Sunday Times article in 1986 which followed his interview with Mr Vanunu.

The nuclear technician was subsequently arrested by Israeli security services in a sting operation.

Currently, he cannot leave Israel as the authorities say he still possesses state secrets but the 50-year-old says he has nothing to reveal.

Sunday Times foreign editor Sean Ryan said Mr Hounam, who lives in Perthshire, Scotland, had been in Israel to cover Mr Vanunu's release for the newspaper.

"I understand he has been arrested and he has been taken away from his hotel.

"We are trying to establish exactly what the situation is, where he is now and why he has been detained," Mr Ryan added.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/3752043.stm

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
SHADY?....the guy has no respect for his parole terms, and if that journalist's  documentarry was in contrediction with Vanunu's parole terms they both should be arrested.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
its his parole terms not the journalist's, Vanunu maybe subject to ur secrets act but our journalists do not subscribe to that, and yes its obviously shady if u arrested our journalist israel obviously believe he knows something they want to hide from the world like they did all those years ago which was undoubtably shady!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
its his parole terms not the journalist's, Vanunu maybe subject to ur secrets act but our journalists do not subscribe to that, and yes its obviously shady if u arrested our journalist israel obviously believe he knows something they want to hide from the world like they did all those years ago which was undoubtably shady!

SO basiclly what u're saying is this- a criminal that done his time and was released with certain Parole terms can go with some of his buddies to Rob a store get cought and be put back in jail, while the buddies he came along with, will be released since they did not recieve these parole terms, a crime is a crime, if u help out a criminal or co-operate with him on a crime- it is still a crime.....what's your point. Those are still metters of national security and high confedentiallity, why should it be put in some documentry.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
israel does not have the power to censor british media, the parole conditions are for released prisoners. you may want to look up what journalists do you maybe suprised its in there job description to do research, to travel to different places, talk to different ppl and then present their finding thru their medium of communication. they can talk to who they want its up to the other person to stay quiet if they have a gagging order not the journalist. your example was total bullshit too journalists arn't criminals the real criminals are the israel government!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
oh really?....They have it in their Job descibtion,u shittin me, I had no idea that's what journalists do,they go to places they talk to people, no way....lollol..do u think that if a jounalist was to reveal your national securrity metters to the whole world by interveiwing a convicted traitor he would get out clean from the whole situation, it's not bout censouring, there are things that can't be revealed to wide audiances, and people are bound by law to keep them in secracy, if a foreign Journalist has no respect for that, it's his problem, u're saying he's not the one who's responsable?....of course he is, this action has 2 steps, first Vanunu tells him all the details- which is forbidden, and than he is publishing it to the whole world in some documentry- which is also forbidden....simple.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 04:18:15 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
if israel don't want him to find that stuff its there responsibility to keep Vanunu away from journalists, and yes our media are not afraid of writing stories damaging to the government or yours. dr david kelly spoke to the bbc and revealed he thaught the evidence for going to war with iraq had been 'sexed up', our news papers printed pictures of soldier abusing iraqi's wwhich then turned out to be fake but the story had some truth to it, i could go on. we have the one of the toughest media in the world its like america where they are afraid of critising their government.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
quote from Vanunu himself

"I felt it was not about betraying; it was about reporting. It was about saving Israel from a new holocaust."

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
if israel don't want him to find that stuff its there responsibility to keep Vanunu away from journalists,

And his Parole terms are not a good enough way to do that?....the fuckin law is not enough to do that?....man that's bullshit. If your press has a sence for revealing Illegal actions let  it fuck with your national security, let's see how shit ends up.... ;D