Author Topic: WHOOO KANYEEZY  (Read 365 times)

West C. Connected

WHOOO KANYEEZY
« on: May 19, 2004, 01:12:11 PM »
Is the dopest. I was at his show last night, he did EVERY song except for Never Let Me Down, Dame Dash was there, John Legend was doin' all kinds of crazy shit behind the keyboard and on the mic, GLC was there for a few songs, KanYe was performing for like 2 hours. The girl with the violin from the Overnight Celebrity was there doin' all kinds of crazy shit like The New Workout Plan, Jada's We Gonna Make It, Overnight Celebrity (I think), and some more. John Legend played some songs like Fugee's Ready Or Not (switched to I Don't Wanna Know later), Lauryn Hill's Doo Wop and that "But you say he's just a friend" song and made the audience guess the beats. He also did uhh a Slow Jamz remix, and he did 'Hey Mama', which is gonna be the single to the new album. Doooope ass show, I was singing more than KanYe and John together. ;D Anyway, can't think of more but if KanYe comes to your town GO THERE.

Leggy Hendrix

Re:WHOOO KANYEEZY
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 11:53:54 AM »
sounds like a dope show...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 12:11:14 PM »
Went to the UK show last night @ Kentish Town Forum.

I got there bout 8, DJ was playing mad dope tracks, but it was being spoilt by the fact that he kept interjecting 50 Cent songs like every five tracks to appeal to the slightly more commercial audience in the building. There was a power cut which left us in practically darkness for like 20mins, but after that they continued with the DJ playing tracks.

At about 10pm, they finally announced Kanye would be on soon, but first we got Cassius Henry (uk rnb act) for a few tracks, whihc were all ok, but nothing amazing, and did nothing but to piss the crowd off even more, as everyone was getting impatient because Kanye still hadn't shown his face.

Next came prehaps one of the worst choices for a support act ever. Some women who couldn't even sing that well just sat at a piano playing real slow tracks. No-one was feeling her, and one of the biggest cheers of the evening came when she finally left the stage.

The DJ for SAS then came on the stage and started saying something about the crowd acting like bitches for booing off the last act. He promptly was on the receiving end of all sorts of shit which was thrown at him. He just walked off the stage. About 5 minutes later he came out again with UK act SAS who have just been signed to Rocafella. They played one track, but didn't really impress that much because they just sounded like a UK Dipset.

Finally at around half ten Kanye finally came out to massive cheers from the by that point extremely live crowd. He basically did actually do his entire album, including Never Let You Down (gutted D-Metro ;D), did his verses from the remixes of Stand Up and Get By, and his verses from This Way and that new Brandy track. Biggest crowd pleasers were definitely All Falls Down, Through The Wire and Jesus Walks all of which got everyone real hyped. Dame Dash was there through the whole thing dancing away, GLC came out for Spaceship ,and both John Legend on the keys and vocals and the violin girl really killed it. Kanye played Hey Mama, and then finished off with Family Business and Keys to the ROC before leaving to a massive ovation.

All in all it was a real dope night, although it took ages for him to come out when he did it was definitely worth the wait, and I'd definitely go and see him again.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 10:57:30 AM by Waitin For The DJ »

West C. Connected

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »
^ Dope review. I'm sure it was GLC here, 'cause he was big (I think Consequence is the smaller cat) and he did the second verse from Spaceship (with the "Why you ain't signed? It wasn't my time" part). Fuck you though for him performing more songs lol Stand Up had the crowd like whoaa, everybody was jumpin' and shit. I'm DEFINITELY seeing him as soon as he comes here, and hopefully be all the way in the front next time.

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 01:40:50 PM »
thats weird he did never let me down..

i saw him perform that song twice like the weekend that his album got released in LA and anaheim..
but the second time i saw him in LA, he didnt do it..
and my friend saw him in vegas and he didnt do it then either..
and lots of people on the kanye forums said he didnt do it at the shows they went to either..

West C. Connected

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 06:04:19 AM »
Oh shit I almost forgot

The dopest thing I ever saw

At the end of the Spaceship song

The dance GLC & Kanye did

Dopest.. shit... ever...  :o

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2004, 11:01:49 AM »
Oh shit I almost forgot

The dopest thing I ever saw

At the end of the Spaceship song

The dance GLC & Kanye did

Dopest.. shit... ever...  :o

Oh yeah man, I forgot bout that shit as well, it was hilarious.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 05:46:29 AM »
nice review quality concert. I was right at the front my bro slapped hands with kanye and dame and also got a middle finger salute of westwood  ;D

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 02:21:23 PM »
Metro likes to jock kanye  :D

Sounds like a coo' little show though.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 08:11:40 PM »
I went to the Boston one and Dilated opened up for Kanye  :P

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »
i saw kanye this weekend... dude's real live, he's a pretty good live performer and i really enjoyed the show. john legend was there, the girl with the violin, GLC, i think thats about it. he came out @ 1 am, even tho they said 11pm, but thank god cause I got there at midnight  ;D .... he performed the whole cd except for 1 or 2 tracks & he also performed his first song "we are the champions"..... I think "Spaceship" feat. GLC (along with their little dance), "Through The Wire" and "Slow Jamz" (and the remix) were probably the highlights of the show. john legend's voice is sick, shows he's not just a studio singer, and his keyboard skills are crazy. they all left after 45 mins i was like "wtf its over  :o" but they came back couple secs later and he performed for another 45 mins. i liked the whole mix in the show: the live performance, the features, the freestyle he kicked (and dissed this dude in the crowd lmao), the tracks they played which he produced for other people & he rapped over them like talib kewli "get by", alicia keys "u dont know.." (lololol Kanye tried to sing on You Dont Know My Name), luda "stand up", "jayz "encore" & "lucifer"... then Miri Ben Ari which was off the hook, she played a gang of stuff on the violin and killed it!!! John Legend on the keyboard was just crazy, and his voice is unbelievable. I like how they played some instrumentals from the turntables and then changed and played some stuff from the keyboard like kanye's part on "This Way"..then the Hip Hop classics from Biz Markie, Fugees etc. I think he performed for like 1h 15mins..it wasnt sold out cause the location was too big imo, but most of the people were feelin it. Anyway I think you cant compare kanye's crowd to a Meth concert cause they do different music. Every Meth concert Ive been to people jump around and wild the fuck out and freak the fuck out. I guess Kanye is not the dude to do that kinda of music but amazing in a different way

« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 03:37:03 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Azn_Bling

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 08:45:13 PM »
Hell yeah that's my dawg Kayne holdin it down...

Heart full of pride
Head full of anger

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 07:58:15 AM »
here couple pics i took. dont bitch about the quality i took um with the cellphone  :D

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network