Author Topic: 10 Reasons Bush Wants To Ban Moore Film  (Read 408 times)

S.J

10 Reasons Bush Wants To Ban Moore Film
« on: May 20, 2004, 08:21:09 AM »
10 REASONS BUSH WANTS TO BAN MOORE FILM
May 20 2004

..like it could make him lose the next election
By Ryan Parry

A NEW film is sending shockwaves through the United States in general and the White House in particular - and it hasn't even been released yet.

Fahrenheit 9/11, which this week got the longest standing ovation in Cannes Film Festival history, tells what its director Michael Moore sees as the truth behind the war in Iraq and on terror.

It is said to be so powerful it could tip November's US presidential election against George W Bush. As Moore says: "We were able to get film crews embedded with American troops without them knowing it was Michael Moore. They are totally f***ed."

Disney has refused to distribute the film in the States, saying its content could upset the presidential elections. Moore says that's precisely why the public should see it.

These are the 10 killer questions the film poses.

1, AFTER the 9/11 attacks, why was the only plane to fly out of the US carrying 24 members of Osama bin Laden's family?

IN the wake of the attacks, the US became a no-fly zone. Moore asks: "Why did Bush allow a private Saudi jet to fly around the US in the days after September 11 to pick up members of the bin Laden family and fly them out of the country without a proper FBI investigation? Might it have been possible that at least one of the 24 bin Ladens would have known something?"

2, ARE the media covering up abuse of Iraqi prisoners and the disillusionment of American troops?

MOORE'S film shows soldiers hooding and mistreating Iraqi detainees, and even shows troops taking it in turns to sexually abuse a drunk elderly man.

He says: "This occurred outside the Abu Ghraib prison walls. The media is there every single day. Why haven't they seen this? I don't think we've heard American soldiers in the field talk as they do in this film about their disillusionment and their despair; about their questioning of what was going on."

3, IS Bush deliberately creating a culture of fear to get poor American youth to fight his war?

MOORE accuses the Bush administration of deliberately creating a climate of fear, particularly by the instigation of the Department of Homeland Security, to increase numbers signing up for the armed forces. He calls this "the immoral act of sending kids to war on the basis of a lie".

4, HOW deep does the connection between the Bush family and bin Laden family actually run?

MOORE exposes business links between the bin Ladens and the Bushes over the last 25 years. Bush Snr became a highly paid consultant for the Carlyle Group, one of the nation's largest defence contractors. One of the investors in Carlyle - to the tune of at least $2million (£1.2m) - was the bin Laden family.

The campaigner says: "The bin Laden family have extensive dealings with large companies in the US. They have donated $2m to Bush's alma mater, Harvard. They own property in Texas, Florida and Massachusetts. In short, they have their hands deep in our pants."

5, JUST how sinister was the White House's doctoring of Bush's military record?

MOORE suggests that, far from being simply an exercise in proving that Bush attended to his Texas Air National Guard duties, the White House version also sought to hide evidence that Bush and his associates had close ties with various Saudi oil companies. He also suggests that a former military pal of Bush's, James R Bath, once sold a plane to the bin Laden family.

6, DID Bush miss an opportunity to nail bin Laden during secret talks with the Taliban?

MOORE claims that while Bush was governor of Texas he built a relationship with the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan. They met in Texas to discuss a project to build a natural gas pipeline from Turkmenistan through Taliban-controlled Afghanistan and into Pakistan.

Representatives of the Bush administration met the Taliban in the summer of 2001. Moore says they ignored the bin Laden issue and were pre-occupied with oil. He asks: "Was Bush discussing their offer to hand over bin Laden? Was he threatening them with force? Was he discussing a new pipeline?"

7, WHY does the Bush family have a "special relationship" with the Saudi royal family?

"MORE than 1.5 million barrels of oil needed in the US daily from the Saudis could vanish on a royal whim, so we begin to see how not only Bush, but all of us, are dependent on the House of Saud," says Moore. "This can't be good for national security."

Moore also refers to Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the Saudi ambassador to the US, who is nicknamed Bandar Bush because of his close links with the president. Despite increasing evidence linking the September 11 atrocity to Saudi militants, Bush still met Prince Bandar for dinner two days later.

8, WAS Bush spending too much time on holiday to concentrate on terrorism?

BUSH was on holiday for 42 per cent of the eight months before September 11, letting his guard down, according to Moore. At a 9/11 commission hearing, CIA director George Tenet admitted he had known since August 2001 that Zacarias Moussaoui, the only man charged in connection with 9/11, had been taking lessons on how to fly a 747. Tenet claimed he didn't tell Bush because the president, "was on vacation".

9, DID Bush panic when he was told about the attack on the twin towers?

ON the morning of September 11, President Bush was posing for cameras at a children's literacy event in Florida.

Moore has previously unseen footage showing the rabbit-in-car-headlights expression on the president's face when he is told about the second plane hitting the twin towers.

A stopwatch appears in the corner of the screen, as the minutes tick by and the president keeps reading My Pet Goat, not knowing what to do without his advisers to tell him.

Moore says: "Was Bush thinking he should have taken reports the CIA had given him the month before more seriously? That he had been told al-Qaeda was planning attacks in the US and planes would possibly be used. Or was he scared witless?"

10, DID Bush manipulate the major US media companies to fix his 2000 election win?

BUSH'S cousin John Ellis, a Fox News executive, was instrumental in "calling it" for Bush/Cheney on election night and cowed the other networks into joining in. This confusion helped set the scene for the debacle that ended in his election despite Al Gore winning the popular majority.

At the start of Fahrenheit 9/11, the major players are seen smirking and preening themselves. "Here they are," Moore narrates, "the whole corrupt gang who fixed the 2000 election."

But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:10 Reasons Bush Wants To Ban Moore Film
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 08:36:07 AM »
im dying to see it. I hope it gets released and gets great promotion and anybody will have the chance to see it before the elections. american people have a right of knowing who they support. america is a free country and everybody has a right to express his opinon and his art. it's against the constitution to ban this movie.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 10:04:33 AM »
dam that looks interesting if it came out before the election bush will be fucked!

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 11:33:23 AM »
hopefully it has more FACTS than bowling for columbine

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 12:58:40 PM »
every point he made up there and im sure most of the movie is all stuff he talked about in his book "Dude! Where's My Country?"....and he makes very very good points. and yeah white boy...it does (the book) have a lot more facts than bowling for columbine. but then again...bowling for columbine had almost nothing to do with george w. bush.

Montana00

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 01:11:58 PM »
no george bush is not fucked by this movie and heres the reason why.

the only people that are going to watch this movie are bush haters (there are lots of them)

i know hundreds of people who love bush and will vote for him, but i always questioned why. With all the shit that hes has done....how could you still think so highly of him.

the answer is simple. The people just dont care. The american people dont concern themselves with issues that dont affect them personally.

when 911 came, that affected everyone they all though....am i next? Bush "said" he was fighting terrorism. and yea he bombed a couple taliban camps, so everyones like "cool he faught terrorism" then he said Iraq has WMD. (remember these WMD cant hit america) so from talking with alot of people. Everyone didnt really have an opinion about iraq war. (most people.) because

bush was doing something that didnt really matter to them either way.
The fact that the job market was at a horrible low didnt bother people who had jobs. So why get mad at a president when your doing ok? ive known people who were out of jobs for 2 years and couldnt find one they are pretty pissed at our government.

the fact that bush lowered our pollution standards doesnt affect anyone, because were not seeing any current affects of pollution, so why get mad at bush? theres no horrible acid in rain that melts skin...were doing fine.

Bush' patriot act takes away our constitutional freedoms (one for example.our government can get our personal info without a warrant. they can wiretap without a warrant.) but then again i havent done anything wrong....who cares.

i can go on and on, but you guys get the point. No matter what bush does he will still be loved. Another thing. Bush is a christian man. i know some christian families. They will vote for bush just because he has christian morals. Now im not dissing the religion. But to base a vote just by their religion is just plain fucked up.

in closing. Bush has a chance of winning. Bush is a mutha fucka. I want to see this moore movie. Fuck bush

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 01:42:40 PM »
see i dont think that the only people that will watch it are the bush haters...only the stubborn bush lovers will be the ones to not watch it and then make comments on it anyway not to mention any names (cough*TRAUMA*cough). but i mean...my boss supports bush all the way but he watches micheal moores movies and he agrees with some of the things moore says as i do agree with some of the things bush says. its the people like the person i didn't mention above who automatically agree with every single thing the president says and wont even listen to anyone else on the matters that are the real downfall of this country. sadly they have no mind of their own.

pappy

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 02:00:51 PM »
moore brings up a lot of good points but also at the same time when watching a michael moore movie u also got to remember it is coming from michael moore.  a lot of what moore says is exagerated.  He's a master at gettin people to mis-word themselves and say something that didnt mean to say.  So take what Michael Moore says with a grain of salt.  should be an interesting watch none the less tho

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 05:08:20 PM »
moore brings up a lot of good points but also at the same time when watching a michael moore movie u also got to remember it is coming from michael moore.  a lot of what moore says is exagerated.  He's a master at gettin people to mis-word themselves and say something that didnt mean to say.  So take what Michael Moore says with a grain of salt.  should be an interesting watch none the less tho
perfectly said... like he mixes a LOT of Facts with a LOT of bullshit... throws it in a blender, makes a video easy enough for any ass to understand,

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 05:20:55 PM »
Bush will prolly just have Moore whacked or something.

smerlus

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 06:04:11 PM »
some of you people must be bored as hell...looking forward to a moore movie just so he can talk shit about someone you don't like.  you already hate bush, and you're gonna buy or rent a movie with your money, and make some dude's pocket fatter to listen to shit you already know or suspect.... why not just come to this board and i'll make up shit, and you can donate the money to seer

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 06:24:08 PM »
That's funny, I like to think I keep up on the news.

Show me one place where Bush talked about "Banning" this film.

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 06:37:02 PM »

Friends,

I would have hoped by now that I would be able to put my work out to the public without having to experience the profound censorship obstacles I often seem to encounter.

Yesterday I was told that Disney, the studio that owns Miramax, has officially decided to prohibit our producer, Miramax, from distributing my new film, "Fahrenheit 9/11." The reason? According to today's (May 5) New York Times, it might "endanger" millions of dollars of tax breaks Disney receives from the state of Florida because the film will "anger" the Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush. The story is on page one of the Times and you can read it here (Disney Forbidding Distribution of Film That Criticizes Bush).

The whole story behind this (and other attempts) to kill our movie will be told in more detail as the days and weeks go on. For nearly a year, this struggle has been a lesson in just how difficult it is in this country to create a piece of art that might upset those in charge (well, OK, sorry -- it WILL upset them...big time. Did I mention it's a comedy?). All I can say is, thank God for Harvey Weinstein and Miramax who have stood by me during the entire production of this movie.

There is much more to tell, but right now I am in the lab working on the print to take to the Cannes Film Festival next week (we have been chosen as one of the 18 films in competition). I will tell you this: Some people may be afraid of this movie because of what it will show. But there's nothing they can do about it now because it's done, it's awesome, and if I have anything to say about it, you'll see it this summer -- because, after all, it is a free country.

Yours,

Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
www.michaelmoore.com

i read this about a month ago, and figured it was changed since then, but incase you dont want to read this whole thing. Yep those awesome tax cuts working to help the little people.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:38:00 PM by rampant »

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 07:08:58 PM »
You're late rampart...

Moore already admitted that was just a publicity stunt.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 09:53:44 PM »
Bush wouldn't want to Ban a film, no matter how bad it makes him look.