Author Topic: NuthiSnoop Doggy Dogg - Death Row's Greatest Hits  (Read 1929 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
NuthiSnoop Doggy Dogg - Death Row's Greatest Hits
« on: February 26, 2002, 05:14:30 AM »
This album I admit I was hesitent 2 buy cuz I already have all his greatest songs, but with all the unreleased tracks I had 2 cop it.  Here's The Review:

1.  Nuthin' But A G Thang f/Dr.Dre - If you haven't heard this song and you are a rap fan then you mine as well just go kick your own ass.  Cuz this song is probably one of hip hops best songs.  My all time fav. song.  5/5

2.  Head Doctor f/Swoop G - Was the single off Dead Man Walking.  I like this track.  Don't really like Swoop in it though, cuz he's taking shots at the Doggfather and its Snoop's track, what the fuck.  But Snoop sounds tight, great song.  4/5

3.  Gin & Juice - Just like Nuthin' But A G Thang this song is a fuckin' classic and if you ain't down with it, whats wrong with you????  5/5

4.  Eastside Pary f/Nate Dogg - Dope ass laid back song.  Nate spits the chrous and absoulety kills it.  Love this fucking song, just makes you want 2 throw up your dubs and bounce.  Daz did a great job wit the beat.  5/5

5.  Murder Was The Case(Remix) - Everyone's heard this 2, one of Snoop's best.  Not one of my personal favs though.  But it had a right 2 be on the album.  3/5

6.  Ain't No Fun .... f/Kurupt, Warren G, Nate Dogg - Another classic song, everyone who's on this track kills.  I think every DPG fan knows Nates verse by heart.  "And you even licked my balls"  CLASSIC 5/5

7.  Doggfather (Remix) - Like the original better, and I think that one should of been on the album.  But this version is phat 2.  Timbaland produces so you know it bumps.  I love the way Snoop starts off the song, with all the izzles and shit. Good remix, should of came out a long ass time ago.  4/5

8.  Midnight Love f/Daz Dillinger, Raphael Saadiq - Beat is one of Daz's best imo.  Snoop sounds tight as hell.  Daz even has a dope verse in this song.  Only one prob with this song.  Snoop's 2nd verse sounds crappy as hell, his voice is like overshadowed by the beat.  Don't know what happened.  But the song is dope.  4.5/5

9.  Eastside f/Daz Dillinger, Tray Dee (Original Eastsidaz) - This song is alright. I think Snoop should add Daz Dilli in2 the eastsidaz, it would only make them better.  The beat is  the same as the song Daz did for Immature though.  Daz outshines everyone on this one.  And Snoop has a verse that I've heard b4.  Decent track, nothing more.  3/5

10. Who Am I (What's My Name) - Another classic from the Doggfather.  Everyone's heard it, and everyone loves it.  5/5

11. Doggy Dogg World f/Dogg Pound, Dramatics - Another classic, I've alwayz loved this laid back song.  Snoop is fuckin' great on this song.  5/5

12. Too High (Poly High) f/Big Pimpin', Daz Dillinger - Not that good of a track, can see why it was unreleased.  Nothing special here, beat is plain and so are the lyrics.  Daz again outshines everyone, he should go back 2 the row, thats where he was at his best.  3/5

13. Vaporz - Another classic off Doggfather.  You all proabably heard it, if not, where you been.  5/5

14. Usual Suspects f/shit I 4get his name - This song is great.  Beat is fuckin' phat. But Snoop clearly gets outshined by the other person on this track.  Overall a great head bangin' track.  4.5/5

15. Keep It Real f/Bad Azz,Mack 10,Technique, Kurupt - Tight laid back song.  Everyone seems 2 flow real nice 2 this one.  I love this song.  Don't know why they never released it.  Mack 10 has a tight verse.  4.5/5

16. Snoop Bounce (Rock Remix) - GARBAGE!!!!!!!  I fuckin' can't stand this song.  Snoop cannot do any Rock songs, what was he thinking ???????  0/5

Overall I was very impressed with this album, almost all of Snoop's classics plus some real tight unreleased shit. A must have 4 any big Snoop Dogg fan or DPG fan.   9.5/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

KVB

Re: NuthiSnoop Doggy Dogg - Death Row's Greatest H
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 04:55:04 AM »
Good review... I didn't feel you on your 0/5 rating for the Rock remix for "Snoop Bounce" though... that track was innovative n' banging IMO.. anyway... peace.

Smooth

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2002, 07:24:22 PM »
This album I admit I was hesitent 2 buy cuz I already have all his greatest songs, but with all the unreleased tracks I had 2 cop it.  Here's The Review:

16. Snoop Bounce (Rock Remix) - GARBAGE!!!!!!!  I fuckin' can't stand this song.  Snoop cannot do any Rock songs, what was he thinking ???????  0/5

LMAO... i couldn't agree more homie... i don't know WHY he made this track... straight up 0/5

"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2002, 10:11:38 AM »
the album could be batter if death row put all the originals versions instead of all the 3 remix
westside!!!!

Hack Wilson - real

Re: NuthiSnoop Doggy Dogg - Death Row's Greatest Hits
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 05:42:29 PM »
this CD was clearly put out there as a huge "fuck you, old washed up bastard" to Snoop.  If you google Snoop's greatest hits this is the first one to come up and rightfully so

there were a few negatives to it so i'll just post it like this:

CON's:

-no songs with 2pac  (how can you NOT put 2 of amerikaz most on here....or even Wanted Dead or Alive.  just something with Pac dammit)
-they dropped the ball on releasing "Doggystyle" in proper form.  Same with "Poor Young Dave", "Dippin in my lo-lo", "Smoke On", "Eat a dick", "Fallin Asleep on Death Row" and "The Genie."  These are some of his best songs, let alone whether they got released or not.  Oh well.  In honesty we know a Snoop's Greatest Hits should have been 2 discs...one being Doggystyle (lol) and the other being his other dopest death row shit.

here are the PRO's:

-"too high (poly high)", "keep it real", "usual suspects" and "midnight love" were some GREAT choices for unusual picks that still are dope as fuck.

-they included the basics, i.e. nothin but ag thang, gin and juice, aint no fun, murder was the case remix, who am i, doggy dog world and vapors.  notice that "gin and juice" is somehow missing from the "15 years on death row" best of compilation (A huge WTF?)  this one got all his best hits on DR properly.

dnjp4life

Re: NuthiSnoop Doggy Dogg - Death Row's Greatest Hits
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:52 AM »
The Rage Against The Machine version of 'Snoop Bounce' is great, I sort of prefer it to the version on Tha Doggfather  :)