Author Topic: Kurupt - Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey  (Read 7624 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
Kurupt - Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey
« on: March 01, 2002, 04:06:49 AM »
Kurpt has alwayz been one of my favorite MC's since I first heard him way back on the Chronic.  His first album disappointed me, but Streetz Iz A Mutha really got me feeling him again.  So I was anxious with this release, and believe me yall, homeboy came correct.

1.  Blast Off (Intro) - Wierd intro, kind of pointless, I don't like it all, but its just an intro, nothing major.  Not even worth rating.

2. Space Boogie f/Nate Dogg - Tight ass beat with this song.  At first, beat is boring, but keeps getting better as the song goes on.  Kurupt flows for a long ass time at the begiining.  And Nate drops some heat as alwayz with his vocals.  Damn good way 2 start off the album.  4.5/5

3.  Hate On Me f/Soopafly, Defari - Another tight ass beat.  Different than what Soopafly usually brings to the table.  But def. a banger.  Soopafly also drops a tight ass verse.  I can't wait 4 a new Soopafly album.  This song is straight heat.  5/5

4.  On Da Grind f/Daz Dillinger - This song was originally featured on R.A.W.  Fits this album perfect.  Cuz its a commercial song.  Both Daz and Kurupt come correct.  Really like the Gangsta voice.  Liked it on R.A.W. and I still like it.  4/5

5.  It's Over f/Natina Reed - Song is way 2 poppy 4 me and any other hard core Kurupt fans.  But did its job getting Kurupt some airplay.  Just doesn't do it 4 me.  And the damn chrous sticks in my mothafuckin' head 4ever.  2/5

6.  Can't Go Wrong f/DJ Quik, Butch Cassidy - Big fan of DJ Quik so you know I love this track.  And I'm really feeling Butch Cassidy.  Hes the new Nate Dogg in my opinion.  Tight song right here.  DJ Quiks beat is nice and laid back, typical Quik.  Both come with good flows.  Tight 4.5/5

7.  On, Onsite - Tight ass song.  Oh man the beat really gets my hyped.  Fred Wreck's best beat in my opinon.  Kurupt spits some shit 2.  Song I repeat over and over.  Second best on album.  5/5

8.  Sunshine f/Jon B. - This songs average.  Got 2 admit I hated it at first, but it did grow on me.  Good song 2 just chill and smoke to.  Kurupts flow is ill.  But Jon B. just doesn't do it 4 me.  The only time I like Jon B. was when he did that song with Pac.  Beat is laid back, like I said just an average piece here.  3/5

9.  Tha Hardest Mutha Fucka's f/MC Ren, Xzibit, Nate Dogg - Huge fan of MC Ren so I loved this song.  Beat is tight 2.  Another Fred Wreck.  Song would of been 10x better though, if Dre had produced it I think.  Come on Dre, help Kurupt out.  Nate has a good chrous, and X to tha Z comes hard as usual.  4/5

10. Gangsta's f/Daz Dillinger - My favorite song on the whole album.  Beat is just phat as hell, Daz Dilli at his best.  Both flow back and forth and just never get sick of this song.  I fuckin' love it.  5/5

11. Bring Back That G Shit f/Snoop Dogg - Beat is average and so is the song.  I've heard both come better than this.  But its good 2 see Snoop on the album.  3.5/5

12. Lay It On Back f/Fred Durst, Nate Dogg - Another average song, but its got a good beat and it also has Nate Dogg in it, so it def. is listenable.  Fred doesn't do bad either.  I was very surprised.  3.5/5

13. Just Don't Give A Fuck f/DJ Lethal - Don't know why everybody hates on this song.  Its phat as hell.  The beat just seems to suit Kurupt perfect.  Classic Kurupt right here.  4/5

14. At It Again - Hate this song, another poppy rap song.  Not good at all, Kurupt needs to stick to nothing but hardcore, he sounds to wierd in these poppy songs.  2/5

15. Kuruption f/Everlast - Another bad song.  Don't really like this at all.  Not really into Everlast at all.  The beat just doesn't seem to fit Kurupt.  Not a good song, but oh well.  2/5

16. Da World f/Daz Dillinger - Good way to end the album, esp. after the last two tracks.  Typical Daz and Kurupt right here.  Beat its phat.  4/5

Overall this album is phat.  Def. worth getting, esp. if you a DPG fan and westcoast fan. Beats for the most part are top notch.  Get this album if you haven't already.  7.5/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: Kurupt - Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2002, 11:39:17 AM »
9.  Tha Hardest Mutha Fucka's f/MC Ren, Xzibit, Nate Dogg - Huge fan of MC Ren so I loved this song.  Beat is tight 2.  Another Fred Wreck.  Song would of been 10x better though, if Dre had produced it I think.  Come on Dre, help Kurupt out.  Nate has a good chrous, and X to tha Z comes hard as usual.  4/5

Nah, Fred couldnt have come better.........

Hardest mofos and On, Onsite are tha best songs on this.........

I thought this album was better than wat people made it 2 be.........Dat shit bout this being tha worst album of tha year waz ridiculous.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

closetothalimit

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 12:02:51 PM »
i really got into this album, i never understood the hate on it either.
the only thing that really ruined it for me was "It's Over", fuck that shit

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2002, 08:47:15 AM »
i really got into this album, i never understood the hate on it either.

Me to... i thought this album was def bangin fo sure... sure there were a few brutaly bad songs... but the goods out weighed the bad's by far...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2002, 02:24:01 PM »

Me to... i thought this album was def bangin fo sure... sure there were a few brutaly bad songs... but the goods out weighed the bad's by far...

Peace

word. and i wish knew where this album was, i let my cousin borrow it and then he said he gave it back to me but anyways i havent seen this album since like october, lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2002, 01:53:31 PM »
one of the worst displays of lyracism and probably up there with Da game, Nastradamus, peace disc as one of the most tragic falls from grace from a quality mc

a generous 2/5

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Murrow

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2002, 05:20:59 AM »
Peep my review:  http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/hip-hop-reviewed/reviews/spaceboogie.htm

KVB

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2002, 09:30:35 PM »
Average album... Kurupt disappointed lyrically  :P

dexter

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 07:59:12 AM »
Average album... Kurupt disappointed lyrically  :P
Gangstaz!

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 03:30:29 PM »
I loved this album!

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 04:45:44 PM »
me too
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

XaNdEr

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:37 AM »
this one of the best westcoast album from the new millennium fo sho  8)

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »
this album is tight.  They only downfall was the lead single.  That was a terrible attemp at commercial success.

Paul

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 10:11:14 AM »
this one of the best westcoast album from the new millennium fo sho  8)

hell yeah, gangstaz - my fav song just about ever 8)
on onsite -  8)
hardest 8)
on da grind 8)
space boogie 8)
amzing album 8/10 only because a couple of really weak tracks like its over, at it again, kuruption

good review agree with most apart from bring back that g shit is quality thats a 4/5
funkyfreshintheflesh

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 12:46:37 PM »
tight album I love it