Author Topic: Kurupt - Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey  (Read 7626 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Kurupt - Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 11:16:48 PM »
half the cd was 10/10 tracks, classic material

the other half was complete shit

dexter

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 02:50:59 PM »

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »
'Bring back that G-Shit' is definately my favourite, despite what you might say. Snoop and Goldie Loc (who you even failed to mention,bitch! >:() rip it to shreds.

I bought this album for the beats and the guests, because Kurupt himself is completely forgettable. (Aside from his verse on 'The Hardest Muthafuckaz' and some very few other moments)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 03:32:30 AM »
loved this whole album, every song except AT IT AGIN (that song is horrible) but the rest is dope

40 Cal

• Lil Geezy
  • It's Da Man
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 05:49:25 PM »
i give it a 2 out of 5
he should do collbration wit daz then he would be a legend
40 Cali

XaNdEr

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 11:11:37 PM »
i give it a 2 out of 5

you ever heard of dogg food, dogg chit or dillinger & young gotti (2)  ??? ??? ???

Paul

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:42:50 AM »
i give it a 2 out of 5

lol, start listening to hip hop , then comment , faggot

Kurupt himself is completely forgettable. (Aside from his verse on 'The Hardest Muthafuckaz' and some very few other moments)

erm, what bout on onsite, fuck da world, space boogie
funkyfreshintheflesh

XaNdEr

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 07:44:06 AM »
On, Onsite is really hard. I love the beat and when Kurupt's verse kicks in, damn, a dope song for real.

HELL CENTROCA

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
 THIS CD IS WILL BE KURUPT'S BEST CD EVER..DPGC

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »
This Is An Easy Future Classic For mE... 8)

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »
for the most part I can agree with the review, but I can listen to every song without a problem... best song hands down though is "On, Onsite"  8)

D~Nice

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »
Dope album.

HEC

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
very inconsistent for me, the production on this album I think is what carried it for the most part except for a few tracks I thought Kurupt wasn't really as sharp as he was on Streetz. Fred Wreck did a great job on this he needs to get back with DPG.

D~Nice

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
very inconsistent for me, the production on this album I think is what carried it for the most part except for a few tracks I thought Kurupt wasn't really as sharp as he was on Streetz. Fred Wreck did a great job on this he needs to get back with DPG.

Agreed on that man. The beats really did make this album at times.

Hooli

• Lil Geezy
  • Hooli Auto
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »
Kurpt has alwayz been one of my favorite MC's since I first heard him way back on the Chronic.  His first album disappointed me, but Streetz Iz A Mutha really got me feeling him again.  So I was anxious with this release, and believe me yall, homeboy came correct.

1.  Blast Off (Intro) - Wierd intro, kind of pointless, I don't like it all, but its just an intro, nothing major.  Not even worth rating.

2. Space Boogie f/Nate Dogg - Tight ass beat with this song.  At first, beat is boring, but keeps getting better as the song goes on.  Kurupt flows for a long ass time at the begiining.  And Nate drops some heat as alwayz with his vocals.  Damn good way 2 start off the album.  4.5/5

3.  Hate On Me f/Soopafly, Defari - Another tight ass beat.  Different than what Soopafly usually brings to the table.  But def. a banger.  Soopafly also drops a tight ass verse.  I can't wait 4 a new Soopafly album.  This song is straight heat.  5/5

4.  On Da Grind f/Daz Dillinger - This song was originally featured on R.A.W.  Fits this album perfect.  Cuz its a commercial song.  Both Daz and Kurupt come correct.  Really like the Gangsta voice.  Liked it on R.A.W. and I still like it.  4/5

5.  It's Over f/Natina Reed - Song is way 2 poppy 4 me and any other hard core Kurupt fans.  But did its job getting Kurupt some airplay.  Just doesn't do it 4 me.  And the damn chrous sticks in my mothafuckin' head 4ever.  2/5

6.  Can't Go Wrong f/DJ Quik, Butch Cassidy - Big fan of DJ Quik so you know I love this track.  And I'm really feeling Butch Cassidy.  Hes the new Nate Dogg in my opinion.  Tight song right here.  DJ Quiks beat is nice and laid back, typical Quik.  Both come with good flows.  Tight 4.5/5

7.  On, Onsite - Tight ass song.  Oh man the beat really gets my hyped.  Fred Wreck's best beat in my opinon.  Kurupt spits some shit 2.  Song I repeat over and over.  Second best on album.  5/5

8.  Sunshine f/Jon B. - This songs average.  Got 2 admit I hated it at first, but it did grow on me.  Good song 2 just chill and smoke to.  Kurupts flow is ill.  But Jon B. just doesn't do it 4 me.  The only time I like Jon B. was when he did that song with Pac.  Beat is laid back, like I said just an average piece here.  3/5

9.  Tha Hardest Mutha Fucka's f/MC Ren, Xzibit, Nate Dogg - Huge fan of MC Ren so I loved this song.  Beat is tight 2.  Another Fred Wreck.  Song would of been 10x better though, if Dre had produced it I think.  Come on Dre, help Kurupt out.  Nate has a good chrous, and X to tha Z comes hard as usual.  4/5

10. Gangsta's f/Daz Dillinger - My favorite song on the whole album.  Beat is just phat as hell, Daz Dilli at his best.  Both flow back and forth and just never get sick of this song.  I fuckin' love it.  5/5

11. Bring Back That G Shit f/Snoop Dogg - Beat is average and so is the song.  I've heard both come better than this.  But its good 2 see Snoop on the album.  3.5/5

12. Lay It On Back f/Fred Durst, Nate Dogg - Another average song, but its got a good beat and it also has Nate Dogg in it, so it def. is listenable.  Fred doesn't do bad either.  I was very surprised.  3.5/5

13. Just Don't Give A Fuck f/DJ Lethal - Don't know why everybody hates on this song.  Its phat as hell.  The beat just seems to suit Kurupt perfect.  Classic Kurupt right here.  4/5

14. At It Again - Hate this song, another poppy rap song.  Not good at all, Kurupt needs to stick to nothing but hardcore, he sounds to wierd in these poppy songs.  2/5

15. Kuruption f/Everlast - Another bad song.  Don't really like this at all.  Not really into Everlast at all.  The beat just doesn't seem to fit Kurupt.  Not a good song, but oh well.  2/5

16. Da World f/Daz Dillinger - Good way to end the album, esp. after the last two tracks.  Typical Daz and Kurupt right here.  Beat its phat.  4/5

Overall this album is phat.  Def. worth getting, esp. if you a DPG fan and westcoast fan. Beats for the most part are top notch.  Get this album if you haven't already.  7.5/10

this album is a west coast classic way better then what im hearing from him lately.im still slappin this shit. 8)