Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg  (Read 3129 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg
« on: March 18, 2002, 07:26:11 AM »
This is an old one but I feel it had 2 be reviewed.  Now at first I wasn't even going 2 buy this becuz of his first LP with No Limit just didn't seem like a Snoop record but after a listen 2 my friends you know I had 2 cop it. Esp.  when I heard the Dre produced tracks.  There is a couple things missing from this ablum but overall this album is some heat from Snoop.  Nothing like the old Snoop, but we're never gonna hear heat like that again.  Here goes the review:

1.  Dolemite (Intro) - Just an intro.  Nothing special, not even worth reviewing.  I'll just go on 2 the songs.

2.  Buck 'Em f/Sticky Fingaz - A Dre produced song, and man is it tight.  Snoop really flows nice on this one.  Almost like the old days.  It'll have you reminising a lil bit.  One of Snoop's best songs.  Production wise the beat is phat, typical Dre sound.  Sticky adds a heated up energetic chrous.  TIGHT.  (5/5)

3.  Trust Me f/Sylk E Fyne, Suga Free - This has a very laid back beat and all three talk about trust and how it can be abused.  Suga will make you laugh at his rhymes, and Sylk comes off pretty tight.  Snoop flows pretty well 2.  Beat is nice with a nice little hook, will def. make you nod your head.  (4.5/5)

4.  Me Heat Goes Boom - Sounds like Gin and Juice Part II from his first no limit LP.  Not a very good beat.  Kind of disappointed with it.  Snoop comes off alright, nothing special.  All around average song right here.  (3/5)

5.  Dolemite - An interlude right here.  Not even going 2 rate it.

6.  Snoopafella - This song isn't great but its not all bad.  I wish the beat was better.  But Snoop really flows nice and is able 2 paint the picture pretty good.  He's a decent story teller gotta give props where they are.  But overall Snoop would get a 5, beat a 2.5.  (3/5)

7.  In Love With A Thug - Ghetto love song from Snoop right here.  Phat ass laid back beat, it really makes the song.   And the chrous will have you singin' along after a couple hears.  Snoop again spits well.  One of my favorites on the whole album.  (4.5/5)

8.  G Bedtime Stories - Again here Snoop goes storytelling and again kills it.  Beat is decent on this one, much better than 4 and 6.  You can just sit there and imagine Snoop with his kids on his lap talking bout his earlier days.  (4/5)

9.  Down 4 My N's f/C-Murder, Magic - Typical No Limit shit right here.  The beat is def.  something that No Limit fans will love.  Personally I like this song.  But alot of people that hate No Limit hate this song.  C-Murder is the tightest out of the whole NL camp and Magic ain't bad either.  But again like in his first album Snoop 2 me just doesn't fit the beat, he's too laid back.  (3/5)

10. Betta Days - This song is playable but at the same time nothing really special. Another average Snoop track.  Beat is alright and Snoop really spits some average lyrics.  Though it is nice 2 see Snoop rapping about good things 4 a change.  But after a while you'll find yourself just skipping this song.  (3.5/5)

11. Somethin' Bout Yo Bidness f/Raphael Saddiq - Raphael teams up with Snoop again and both really come off good 2gether.  A Midnight Love feel here, even down 2 the beat.  Laid back beat with really good raps by Snoop and wit Rapheal on the hook you know its hot.  Tight one 2 play when you bout 2 get your fuck on.  (4.5/5)

12. B Please f/Xzibit, Nate Dogg - Another Dre produced track and man is the beat hottttt.  X 2 the Z and Snoop both kill this one.  This song is what got me in2 X, and gave us a taste of things 2 come with X and Dre beats.  The ending of this song is fuckin' tight with Nate coming in and dropping a pretty hot bridge.  Just completes the song.  Mostly everyones heard this one.  (5/5)

13. Doin' Too Much - This song is pretty tight 2.  DJ Quik on the beat right here.  And I love Quik's beats so I love this song.  Its a real funky song.  And Snoop lyrics will make you laugh a bit.  Another tight song.  (4.5/5)

14. Gangsta Ride f/Silkk Shocker, Goldie Loc - Decent track here.  Up tempo beat and Silkk actually fits the song pretty nice.  And surprisingly Snoop has a fast flow and actually sounds nice on this one.  But overall another average 2 fair track.  (3.5/5)

15. Ghetto Symphony f/The entire No Limit Family (or so it seems anyway) - This track would be off the hook if it didn't have the No Limit crew and instead they put Daz, Warren G, Kurupt, Tray D, Godie Loc, Bad Azz, etc. in it.  Cuz the beat is decent but some of them No Limiters just totally fuck up that song.  Listenable a couple times but after that the NL crew makes you fast forward this one.  That is unless you love the NL crew, then you're in heaven on this one.  (3/5)

16. Party With A D.P.G. - I love this song.  Something 2 bounce and party 2.  Up tempo beat with Snoop flowing real nice and a hook that get you bobbing your head.  Tight ass Snoop right here, should of came out with a video cuz it def.  is a commerical track.  I think Nate's on the hook even though he's not credited. (4.5/5)

17. Buss n Rocks - Average song here.  Obviously a remake of the then unheard Buss n Rocks from his Death Row days.  I like the older one better this one is way 2 up tempo 4 what he's talking about.  But like I said a decent track.  (3/5)

18. Just Dippin' f/Dr. Dre - Tight ass song here.  Classic Dre and Snoop and a nice fuckin' beat bye the one and only D-R-E.  Reminds me of The Wash on the wash soundtrack.  Listen and you'll hear similarites in the beat and the way they rap.  But def.  a tight ass song.  It was hella nice 2 hear these 2 back 2gether after such a long time.  (5/5)

19. Don't Tell f/Mausberg, Warren G - Another funky laid back love song right here.  And an apperance by the one and only Warren G.  Hell yeah its tight.  All of em talking bout cheating and not telling.  Tight ass beat and all three come correct.  Mausberg sounds tight 2.  Def. a banger.  (4.5/5)

20. 20 Minutes f/Godie Loc- Average all around here.  Beat is nothing special and his flow is the same.  Could of been left off cuz I only skip it anyway.  Goldie comes off alright, pretty sure its the first time we heard from him.  But nothing speical.  Wackest on the album if you don't count the NL jams, cuz they are by far the wackest.  (2.5/5)

21. I Love My Momma - This song doesn't seem 2 fit the rest of the album.  But Snoop comes off good in giving it up 4 his momma.  Listenable.  Laid back funky beat and nice flow and lyrics by Snoop.  Something 2 listen 2 if you in that wierd mood.  (3/5)

Overall I would have 2 say I was pretty satisfied with this album.  The NL beats and guest appearances that made Da Game....  so crappy is kept 2 a minimum, thank god.  And it actually feels like a Snoop Dogg album.  I was sooooo glad 2 see Snoop hook back up wit Dre.  Only thing really missing from this album is the Dogg Pound and more LBC/Eastsidaz. But it was hard 4 them cuz they were still either messed up wit record label ties (DEATH ROW), or not really on the scene yet.  But other than that its a pretty good album and def.  a keeper if you a huge DPG/Snoop Dogg/West Coast fan.

7.5/10

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

Smooth

Re: Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 10:42:33 AM »
Dope review. only thing i woulda done different is give "My Heat goes Boom" a 4... i thought it was one of the doper tracks on the cd

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Jome

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 12:15:12 PM »
Good review, I only disagree with 3-4 ratings.
But overall I agree.

KVB

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 05:46:20 PM »
Great review... I pretty much agree with your ratings.  :)

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 12:35:58 PM »
1. Dolomite Intro - n/a
2. Buck 'Em - 4.5/5
3. Trust Me 3/5
4. My Heat Goes Boom 3.5/5
5. Dolomite - n/a
6. Snoopafella 4/5
7. In Love With A Thug 4/5
8. G Bedtime Stories 4.5/5
9. Down 4 My N's - 2.5/5
10. Betta Days  4.5/5
11. Somethin Bout Yo Bidness 3/5
12. B Please  5/5
13. Doin' Too Much 4/5
14. Gangsta Ride  3.5/5
15. Ghetto Symphony 3/5
16. Party With A D.P.G. - 5/5
17. Buss'n Rocks  3/5
18. Just Dippin' 5/5
19. Don't Tell  4/5
20. 20 Minutes - 2.5/5
21. I Love My Momma 2.5/5

overall this was a tight snoop cd, i was dissapointed with it when it came out but it grew on me,cop it if ya dont have it

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2002, 06:56:26 AM »
this is the album where i started to earn back my respect for snoop after he disapointed me greatly with doggfather and da game...it's not a GREAT album but it satisfied me and made me anticipate his next moves.....3.5 or 3.75/5

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

KVB

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2002, 07:13:32 AM »
it's not a GREAT album

It is indeed a great album.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2002, 02:25:17 PM »

It is indeed a great album.

LOL

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2002, 02:36:41 PM »
this album rox, great songs, nice review homie.

lugz1

• Lil Geezy
Re:Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2003, 04:08:11 AM »
THIS ALBUM WAS WHERE SNOOP STARTED GETTING BACK ON TRACK. AFTER TWO STRAIGHT  WACK ALBUMS. TRUST ME WAS A CLASSIC JOINT AS FAR AS  IM CONCERNED.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Snoop Dogg - No Limit Top Dogg
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 12:44:47 AM »
wack? i think doggfather is snoops second best cd
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

mondo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 12:45:21 PM »
Yeah Doggfather and Last Meal are his best ones after Doggystyle obviously

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 05:33:41 AM »
Great review.
Just to add a little thing though, "Don't Tell" has Nate Dogg crooning one of my favourite verses ever and for me makes that track a 5/5.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 10:59:33 PM »
i really liked this album, didnt buy it for a while cuz of DA GAME bein a bad cd, but when i did id say its his 3rd best album after Doggstyle and Doggfather... last meal is close

XaNdEr

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 05:14:06 AM »
1. Dolomite Intro - 0/5
2. Buck 'Em - 4.5/5
3. Trust Me 3.5/5
4. My Heat Goes Boom 4.5/5
5. Dolomite - 0/5
6. Snoopafella 4.5/5
7. In Love With A Thug 4.75/5
8. G Bedtime Stories 4.75/5
9. Down 4 My N's - 2/5
10. Betta Days  4.75/5
11. Somethin Bout Yo Bidness 2.5/5
12. B Please  5/5
13. Doin' Too Much 4/5
14. Gangsta Ride  4.5/5
15. Ghetto Symphony 3.5/5
16. Party With A D.P.G. - 4.75/5
17. Buss'n Rocks  4/5
18. Just Dippin' 5/5
19. Don't Tell  4/5
20. 20 Minutes - 4.75/5
21. I Love My Momma 4/5

I luv a lot of these songs, Da Game is wack, but Snoop showed us that he could make good albums while he was with NL, Last Meal is pretty good too, i think better than this, exept that Kokane is all over that one