Author Topic: Bill Cosby says poor blacks cant speak english  (Read 631 times)

pappy

Bill Cosby says poor blacks cant speak english
« on: May 20, 2004, 06:36:58 PM »
 http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38565

Cosby said, according to Leiby: "Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids – $500 sneakers for what? And won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.'

He added: "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. ... You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"

now if i white man said this he would be the most racist muthafucka,  now that a black man said it,  whats every1's opinion on it

Doggystylin

Re:Bill Cosby says poor blacks cant speak english
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 06:58:01 PM »
I think hes right, hes just embarresed of the stupid things his own race is doing and hes callin em out, just like spike lee did a lil while ago, I mean im not racist or anything but some of them really talk stupid man, and now its spreading from them to other races cuz the youth thinks its cool to talk like that.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 07:55:53 PM »
kinda ironic, that if a white guy said it, he a racist fuck, if a black guy says it, hes a genious...

w/e, hes right, but its not only black people

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:54:03 PM »
Bill Cosby is a very well spoken man, I've got a lot of respect for him.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 10:16:09 PM »
tom hit the nail on the head when he said if a white man said it it'd be considered ignorant and racist but since bill cosby said it he's "right"

i totally agree with bill

i mean , i don't see anything wrong with slang.....because i'll admit when something big goes down i get a big ass ghetto accent. but in general you shouldn't always be talking like that.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 11:06:26 PM »
agreed

-KIDRENEGADE-

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 04:25:19 AM »
some of it is true.
some families who are not well off, would rather buy there kid hundreds of dollars worth of ecko clothes then a tutor.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 04:36:41 AM »
in general I have the impression blacks spend much more money on things like brand clothes, cars, jewelery and shit like that than whites, though whites might have more money.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 06:14:06 AM »
^ or is it that 'whites' dont waste their money on material goods so easily?

btw what tom said is true... its not ~just~ blacks.. its all monetarily disadvantaged  (read: poor) people.

JTSimon

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 08:11:45 AM »
Ok...

Bill Cosby is a dumbfuck that motherfucker thinks he's smart because he plays a doctor on tv.

Why didn't he point out that whites from the South speak the same way. It's a hick dialect plain and simple...I haven't heard too many people on the Westcoast speak like that unless they were really trying.

Cosby is a stereotypical racist himself...I bet Phylicia(Claire) would set him straight because he fucked up.

I wouldn't be surprised if his bum ass has a contract with Hooked on Phonics.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 08:12:34 AM by Ace of Base »

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 08:13:39 AM »
^ O, I don't believe it is.  I grew up with nothing but poor white people, and most of them really valued their kids education, and wouldn't spend the little money they had on material things.  

As for the talking, a lot of poor white kids talk like hicks, so there's not much difference there.  I say "Yall" all the time, and you know what? I don't consider it poor english, I consider it a variation of english as spoken in the south.  You wouldn't call a man from louisiana uneducated just because he says strange cajun phrasings.  Of course strangely though speaking 'country' isn't a racial thing, most people from the south do it regardless of race (same with cajuns, doesnt' matter what color you are).  Black folks seem to have a style of speaking though that only they use.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 08:14:21 AM by SMiLE »

JTSimon

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 08:30:12 AM »
http://www.wb16.com/linked_website.asp?url=http://www.texasjusticetv.com&color=

Judge Larry Joe Doherty is also a dumbass because says ain't/yall  ::)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 08:46:56 AM »
shut the fuck up about the way people talk. I talk alot of slang naturally. I don't even think when I say it...I don't use heavy slang like some people but i use a good amount. Its dumb that people have to throw the Clay Aiken voice and use proper English and pronounce every syllable and over emphasise the sounds to be considered intellegent.

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 08:49:47 AM »
Bill Cosby is a dumbfuck that motherfucker thinks he's smart because he plays a doctor on tv.

I wouldn't be surprised if his bum ass has a contract with Hooked on Phonics.

and

for you...

JTSimon

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 09:02:47 AM »
^Is that what you come to