Author Topic: Bill Cosby says poor blacks cant speak english  (Read 651 times)

DAYUM

Re:Bill Cosby says poor blacks cant speak english
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2004, 03:20:25 PM »
I have to drop 2 cents in too. Who lives in South Central Los Angeles... my bad... South Los Angeles, Compton, and many other "ghetto" communities in the L.A. area... guess what, mainly Mexicans. Don't act like there isn't a grip of ghetto Latino youth. In New York they got Puerto Ricans. Now I have no clue where you are from, but if you stick anybody not "ghetto" in the ghetto, then they'll be scared shitless. I know of other black people that wouldn't go to the ghetto, and yet they act like they hood. People in the hood will punk you if your fake, no matter the race.

Also, as I said again, if we are talking language problems in race, we can only talk about our own. Whites need to get rid of that hick talk I hear when I'm in southern states, and in Minnesota, they need to learn how to pronounce words. It's not a ruff, it's a roof, they even misspell words here, like it's not Quick Trip, it's Kwik Trip, bad grammar is everywhere, amoung every race. I can't talk about any other race though, because look at Latinos, we have the worst English of all, because we don't even speak complete English, but Spanglish.

yeah i agree with u

and its funny cuzz i live in Texas and its about 75% mexicans 15%white people and 10%black people

everone thinks alot of white hillbillys live here becuase like u see in movies its bullshit its not all ranches and horses n shit but some citys do have just plain white people and they all talk hick but when you come here to Corpus and live on the South (the good side) u wont see any whites talk hick but if u go to the ghetto WEst and North u see whites talk like the movies and most of them are raceist its funny...

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Bill Cosby says poor blacks cant speak english
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2004, 03:26:01 PM »
maybe he was referring to blacks because he was presenting his speech during the 50th anniversary of brown versus board of education...