Author Topic: Outlawz - Ride Wit Us Or Collide Wit Us  (Read 576 times)

Plumma25

• 'G'
Outlawz - Ride Wit Us Or Collide Wit Us
« on: March 01, 2002, 05:58:21 AM »
This album was so highly anticipated by me I couldn't even stand it.  Being probably the biggest Pac fan, and outlawz for that matter, just couldn't wait 4 it.  And by all means they did a great job.  Here's the review:

1.  Intro - Nothing right here, just a little intro, not saying much.  Not worth rating.

2.  Outlaw 2000 - Great way 2 start out the album, basically just telling everyone who the fuck they are.  Edi shines on this one.  Love the beat, totally suits them.  4.5/5

3.  Life Is What You Make It - Another hot ass song.  Beat is eerie and again suits the outlaws.  I also like the message the lawz are conveying on this one.  You can tell they all have a little bit of Pac in em.  5/5

4.  Black Rain f/Lady V - Tight ass beat.  I think any beat with violins is the shit, and this one has them in it.  Another one with a good message, all outlawz come with some shit.  You can just hear Pac thru each one of them  5/5

5.  Hang On - Sort of like a Young Noble solo right here.  Beat is a banger.  Phat song.  Every line ends with HANG ON!!!! And the chrous is just phat, Edi does it by himself.  One of my fav's  4/5

6.  Soldier To A General - Everyone seems to love this joint right here.  But I'm really not feeling it.  The beat is nothing special, and yes the outlawz do spit some good verses, the beat is just 2 plain 4 me.  3/5

7.  When I Go - My 2nd favorite beat on the whole album.  Even though the songs about death, the beat is a total banger.  Hot shit.  I love  Young Noble's verse.  Another dope track.  5/5

8.  Who? - Another one that seems like a Young Noble solo.  Not that I'm complaining, cuz Noble is my fav.  Outlaw.  This song uses the same formula as Hang On.  Except this time they start off the line with Who this and Who that.  Its pretty dope.  And the beat on this one is great.  4.5/5

9.  The Nyquiel Theory (Interlude) - Funny ass interlude, makes me laugh every time I fuckin' hear it.  Thats some cold ass shit, thug shit.  LOL!!!!

10. Fuck Wit Me - I love fuck songs and this ones fuckin' great.  All the lawz come dope ass fuck on this one and the beat is perfect 4 em.  One of my fav.  Outlaw tracks ever!!!  5/5

11. Get Paid f/TQ - Alwayz been a huge TQ fan, so you know I loved this joint right here. Beat is dope, all lawz lyrics are phat.  And TQ comes with his on the chrous.  Phat all around track.  5/5

12. Good Bye - Another banger on the album.  They come with that good message just like the last track and the couple at the beg. of the album.  Love the fuckin' beat and chrous on this one.  The chrous gets me everytime, I just think of all that I lost and shit.  5/5

13. Mask Down - Here's where the album starts to dip a little downward.  This song though, is pretty fuckin' phat.  The rest of the album kinda goes downhill.  This song though isn't bad, but isn't great.  Kind of an average song.  3.5/5

14. Nobody Cares - Not feeling the beat on this one.  Just not one the lawz should be rapping on.  The outlawz spit good as usual, just can't get past the beat.  2.5/5

15. Geronimo Ji Jaga (Interlude) - This interlude's phat cuz it tells a little bout Pac and also disses them fake ass rappers screaming Ride Or Die.

16. Maintain - The beat is phat on this one.  But the lawz just don't seem to have thier heart in it.  But another average track.  I can listen to it.  3/5

17. Smash - Phat ass song with Bad Azz and Spice 1 lending a helping hand.  Beat is hard as fuck and every mothafuckin' body comes hard as hell.  Great song esp. if you a Bad and Spice fan.  Dope shit.  Classic lawz, battle song.  4.5/5

18. Jersey Mob (Interlude) - Another stupid interlude.  Nothing special here.

19. Murder Made Easy - Another tight beat.  But just an average song.  The Jersey Member rappers really don't come with it, so I'm not feeling it.  But Edi's verse is fuckin' HOTTTTT!!!!!  Listen to it.  3.5/5

Overall a tight ass first album.  Didn't think it would be this good, esp. for thier first album.  But it had a shit load of highlights.  Def.  worth copping and gives alot of insight to what the future holds.  Their gonna be huge.

8/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

KVB

Re: Outlawz - Ride Wit Us Or Collide Wit Us
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 04:49:46 PM »
Tight review... I agree on your rating.

Peace
~1~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »