Author Topic: Kanye West - College Dropout is by far the best album of 2004 until now..  (Read 737 times)

MANBEARPIG.

As I read the above letter to kanye "Selfish" by Slum Villiage came in SIRIUS sattelite radio television thingy,  A track produced by Kanye with no..NO sped up vocals, just straight up production where Kanye spits on the second verse and KILLS the track, the best verse I've heard in a long time might I add.  That song alone discredits everything in the above letter to Kanye.  Props to Kanye for being in demand and slaying the rap game in front of and behind the mic, keep doin ya thing.

-KIDRENEGADE-

hector

LMFAO @ that letter.  that is sum funny ass shit.

West C. Connected

As I read the above letter to kanye "Selfish" by Slum Villiage came in SIRIUS sattelite radio television thingy,  A track produced by Kanye with no..NO sped up vocals, just straight up production where Kanye spits on the second verse and KILLS the track, the best verse I've heard in a long time might I add.  That song alone discredits everything in the above letter to Kanye.  Props to Kanye for being in demand and slaying the rap game in front of and behind the mic, keep doin ya thing.

No doubt, remember he gotta make room for Ma$e too now, he back! 8)
Oh yeah, and fuck a Nelly, he's back 100% with Bad Boy!

I'm the oldest member on the Bad Boy team,
and I'ma make this nigga Puff mad more cream.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 09:58:09 AM by Ma$e Is My Homeboy (D-Metro) »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Last Call is prolly my fav from the album

yup, i loved that joint since day 1.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List

Dear Kanye West

I hate to say this , but I hate you.

P.S. I'm not being a hater

::)

SGV

What I can't understand, is how it's possible to dislike Jay-Z and still be a Kanye fan..  :D :P

As a rapper, Kanye is Jay-Z light, but with production skills as well..
Not to mention, Jay-Z albums often have some of the same vibe as CG..

A "light" Jay-Z? Are you serious. They're completely different. What makes Kanye stand out is that he's relateable. While he does have some typical Hip Hop content from time to time, he usually spits shit people can be like "Oh yea, I did that..." Most rappers talk about pushing crack, pushing Bentleys(which Kanye does, too), Pimping and various other things I don't do. Kanye may not be complex, but he's a VERY good emcee. You don't gotta be Chino XL to be considered a dope emcee. Kanye comes with dope lines, great hooks, good concepts and just an overall genuine vibe. He(along with 9th Wonder) is bringing back that Golden Era feel, without over doing it. Hands down, College Dropout is the best album of the year, I don't see how it's not. Aside from the skits, I only skipped that track with Luda, the rest got major play.

mauzip

Aside from the skits, I only skipped that track with Luda, the rest got major play.

Jome

A "light" Jay-Z? Are you serious. They're completely different. What makes Kanye stand out is that he's relateable. While he does have some typical Hip Hop content from time to time, he usually spits shit people can be like "Oh yea, I did that..." Most rappers talk about pushing crack, pushing Bentleys(which Kanye does, too), Pimping and various other things I don't do. Kanye may not be complex, but he's a VERY good emcee. You don't gotta be Chino XL to be considered a dope emcee. Kanye comes with dope lines, great hooks, good concepts and just an overall genuine vibe. He(along with 9th Wonder) is bringing back that Golden Era feel, without over doing it. Hands down, College Dropout is the best album of the year, I don't see how it's not. Aside from the skits, I only skipped that track with Luda, the rest got major play.

Jay-Z is no Ras Kass neither, Kanye is similar to Jay-Z in many ways, and if you ask him, I'm sure that he will tell you that he's very Jay-Z influenced..
Jay-Z is considered "God MC" by many, even many rappers, he's considered top 5 by MANY people, he comes with dope lines, good hooks, and all the other stuff you can say about Kanye..
Kanye is a good rapper in many ways, but overall he's years & multiple albums behind Jay-Z.
"They're completely different" is not true at all, there's plenty of similarities.

SGV

Oh ok, so any rapper who comes with good hooks and dope lines is Jay-Z light? LMAO.

Listen to their content. Kanye talks about his being self concious, his family, his accident, getting girls, Jesus, school, working 9 to 5, social issues, etc. Jay-Z is more on some random player shit. He talks about hustling in the street, sometimes he'll get introspective, for the most part it's just generic studio thug music.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I personally think Kanye is very good as a producer. We forget also that Dilated Peoples This Way has no speed vocals, and same with Get By by Talib Kweli. As a producer, Kanye also did the Alicia Keys You Don't Know My Name, and that new Brandy song. Kanye is doing his thing, and what's wrong with his production style. Dr. Dre has had the same style since B-Please, and most every producer has their style they stick too. Kanye's is more of Hip-Hop on a commercial level, it works for him, let it be. No hating.

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
this is NOT the best album of 2004, kanye west is GOOD @ rappin but just an avarage producer IMO

Jome

Oh ok, so any rapper who comes with good hooks and dope lines is Jay-Z light? LMAO.

Listen to their content. Kanye talks about his being self concious, his family, his accident, getting girls, Jesus, school, working 9 to 5, social issues, etc. Jay-Z is more on some random player shit. He talks about hustling in the street, sometimes he'll get introspective, for the most part it's just generic studio thug music.

I'm not saying they're sound-a-likes, but there's similarities..

Take a listen to some newer Kanye tracks, what does he rap about..
Picking up girls, model chicks, about being famous & becoming a big name, drinking, clubbing, driving fast cars, ordering Bentleys, fashion stuff, shouting out his people, etc..

Kanye is going to be rapping more and more about stuff like this, the bigger he gets, and the more fame he gets..
Jay-Z changed from poor street hustler slangin crack to big-time rich C.E.O. playboy mogul dude, and Kanye looks ready to go the same way.. they rap about what they live like, not only like they did when they didn't have it all..

JTSimon

Jay-Z is garbage don't compare him to Kanye West in anyway.

smerlus

he's a new fad....in the last year i've heard the term classic thrown around far too many times...GRODT, Black Album, College Dropout.... funny thing is that only time can say what is classic or not...

i still see clubs play something off of doggystyle or chronic and fill the dance floor. now that's classic music....

i'm not saying these albums aren't classic, but we'll see....doubt it though

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!