Author Topic: Disney refuses distribution of new Micheal Moore movie critical of Bush  (Read 960 times)

Trauma-san

Hey, I'm not the one crying that Michael Moore can't get his shitty movie distributed.  "I want to talk shit about the president and nobody will listen to me!!!!" boo fucking hoo.  In the end... WHO GIVES A SHIT?  This isn't a rights violation, it's just a company saying "fuck you" because they don't want to put the movie out.  Fuck him and his contraversy chasing ass.  Here's one for ya....

I've never seen ANY of his films, and NEVER will, simply because I don't want to.  I don't agree with a fucking thing he says, even though I don't even know a fucking thing he says.  I'll bet that pisses you off.  

Don Breezio

Hey, I'm not the one crying that Michael Moore can't get his shitty movie distributed.  "I want to talk shit about the president and nobody will listen to me!!!!" boo fucking hoo.  In the end... WHO GIVES A SHIT?  This isn't a rights violation, it's just a company saying "fuck you" because they don't want to put the movie out.  Fuck him and his contraversy chasing ass.  Here's one for ya....

I've never seen ANY of his films, and NEVER will, simply because I don't want to.  I don't agree with a fucking thing he says, even though I don't even know a fucking thing he says.  I'll bet that pisses you off.  

actually it just proves how much of an idiot you are...you're so damn biased towards bush that you dont even listen to anything negatively relating to him...i hate george bush and even i dont agree with every single thing micheal moore says.

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
Disney should stick with the cartoons and shit.
Michael Moore can be quite annoying to people in power. I guess the Oscar' s committee wasn't too pleased with Moore's criticism of the war in Iraq when he received his Oscar last year. And now Disney won't distribute. So what!
Michael Moore should look for another distributor and let people know the scary truth about Bush and his buddies. It's about time we expose the white sheet from George W. He been fucking enough people in the world up till now. I've never seen so many people hating the United States as in these days.
Bush has to go; America should make friends in the world instead of misleading half the world population.  
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Rain

I don't think you guys actually get the issue here - miramax paid for this movie to be made - thats right, disney let mirmax produce this movie. now miramax are being told they cant distribute it themselves. which would piss you off. it aint so much of an issue of michael moore getting distribution but the fact that company that paid for it - arent allowed to distribute themselves.

the same thing happened over Kevin Smith's Dogma
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

smerlus

the first CNN story i read about this went to say that the CEO of miramax and the CEO of disney have a grudge against one another ever since miramax was taken over by disney...disney didn't want miramax to make the movie, miramax made it anyways and now disney doesn't want them to release it....it's probably just some gay corporate grudge that we don't know the half of, so don't get your panties in a bunch saying shit like "this is the end of free speech as we know it"

this is just rich people busting each other's balls

no homo

Suga Foot

I can't belive this doesn't make sense to some of you retards.  Listen to Englwood (Krayze-Eyez Killah), he knows what he's saying.

dexter

Disney aint shit!

Rain

the first CNN story i read about this went to say that the CEO of miramax and the CEO of disney have a grudge against one another ever since miramax was taken over by disney...disney didn't want miramax to make the movie, miramax made it anyways and now disney doesn't want them to release it....it's probably just some gay corporate grudge that we don't know the half of, so don't get your panties in a bunch saying shit like "this is the end of free speech as we know it"

this is just rich people busting each other's balls

no homo

thats true this isnt really a case of freedom of speech but concerning the politics of a company. i have heard people saying this may be what causes the break between miramax and disney - i dont know which would suffer more - disney isnt actually doin much except with miramax.

one interesting point i just read about disney's claimed reasons for the decision:

"Earlier, the Walt Disney Co. said that it would prevent Miramax, which it owns, from releasing it, even though Miramax had financed it. Zenia Mucha, a spokeswoman for the company (herself a former adviser to New York Republican politicos George Pataki and Alfonse D'Amato), said that "it was not appropriate for Disney ... to be the distributor of a politically charged movie in an election year." Critics immediately pointed out that some of Disney's ABC radio stations present a daily barrage of politically charged programming, generally reflecting conservative opinion."

http://www.us.imdb.com

- Amelie (2001)

- Franklin Roosevelt

- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

eS El Duque

Quote from you:

Disney feels that this film will hurt their profits. They have every right NOT to release this film

Quotes from article you posted:

The confrontational director won an Oscar for his 2002 documentary "Bowling for Columbine," about the Columbine High School shooting and U.S. gun control policy. The film earned $21.5 million at the box office, making it the highest-grossing documentary ever.

After lengthy discussions, "Stupid White Men" came out uncensored. It almost immediately sold out a first printing of 50,000 and went on to top The New York Times nonfiction best-seller list.

doesnt look like he's hurting too much as far as the box office/sales go  ::)

now...don't you feel retarded

21 million is chump change to disney...thjey're worried about tax cuts and shit that the government would do to disney....they would get fucked over in florida...and, it's a *companies* right not to distribute somthing they don't like...NOTHING like the Ice T shit. Moore can go to someone else

you guys are crying too much over this shit...please  ::)

Trauma-san

Fuck Mike Moore.  

dexter

Fuck Republican Bastards

Woodrow

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=518901

Moore accused of publicity stunt over Disney 'ban'
By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
07 May 2004

Less than 24 hours after accusing the Walt Disney Company of pulling the plug on his latest documentary in a blatant attempt at political censorship, the rabble-rousing film-maker Michael Moore has admitted he knew a year ago that Disney had no intention of distributing it.

The admission, during an interview with CNN, undermined Moore's claim that Disney was trying to sabotage the US release of Fahrenheit 911 just days before its world premiere at the Cannes film festival.

Instead, it lent credence to a growing suspicion that Moore was manufacturing a controversy to help publicise the film, a full-bore attack on the Bush administration and its handling of national security since the attacks of 11 September 2001.

In an indignant letter to his supporters, Moore said he had learnt only on Monday that Disney had put the kibosh on distributing the film, which has been financed by the semi-independent Disney subsidiary Miramax.

But in the CNN interview he said: "Almost a year ago, after we'd started making the film, the chairman of Disney, Michael Eisner, told my agent he was upset Miramax had made the film and he will not distribute it."

Nobody in Hollywood doubts Fahrenheit 911 will find a US distributor. His last documentary, Bowling for Columbine , made for $3m (£1.7m), pulled in $22m at the US box office.

But Moore's publicity stunt, if that is what is, appears to be working. A front-page news piece in The New York Times was followed yesterday by an editorial denouncing Disney for censorship and denial of Moore's right to free expression.

Moore told CNN that Disney had "signed a contract to distribute this [film]" but got cold feet. But Disney executives insists there was never any contract. And a source close to Miramax said that the only deal there was for financing, not for distribution.

Rain

i dont see the fact that Moore waited to tell the world that disney didnt want to distribute his film until a week before its first screening at cannes.

anyone and everyone in film pulls publicity stunts, its one of the most effective advertising stratagies. and its stupid to say Moore was accussed of it in the headline and they say in the story he admitted to it.

and if moore's publicity stunt worked that well i guess that just pretty much proves he aint as dumb as many of you would like to believe.

- Amelie (2001)

- Franklin Roosevelt

- Chuck D

- Raoul Duke

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Miramax buys Moore movie rights

Moore's work was feted at Cannes film festival
Michael Moore's documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 has moved a step closer to being released in US cinemas after the rights were bought by studio Miramax.
The company's founders, Harvey and Bob Weinstein, personally bought back the rights from parent company Disney, which had refused to distribute it.

The film alleges connections between US President George W Bush and top Saudi families, including the Bin Ladens.

Miramax had funded Moore's film, which won this year's Palme D'Or at Cannes.

The Weinsteins have said they will arrange for cinema and home video distribution of the film, which could be on screen by mid-summer.

Unflattering

Talks are said to be already under way between the Weinsteins and third-party distributors.

Some commentators say the film could influence the November presidential election because of its unflattering portrait of Mr Bush.

It criticises his stance on Iraq and his actions before and after the 11 September attacks.

Moore had accused Disney of bowing to political pressure from the White House in its decision to block the film.

Disney denied the accusation and in turn accused Moore of engineering a dispute about the film's release to gain maximum publicity for it.

Disney said it could still profit if the film did well, but it would donate any proceeds to charity.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Sikotic™

It's okay. The film will come out no matter what. Bowling For Columbine was an awesome documentary and I look forward to what Moore's views on 9/11 are as well.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE