Author Topic: AlerG - The Season  (Read 472 times)

KVB1000

AlerG - The Season
« on: January 22, 2002, 06:07:55 PM »
AlerG - The Season

01 - Intro (The Season)
AlerG opens the album with good lyricism, his flow is far from great on some parts of this
Intro though. What caught my attention was an exellent beat. Overall, above average Intro.
Beat: 4/5 - Lyrics: 3.5/5
3.5/5

02 - Sadam Hitler
AlerG improves heavily on this track, produced by I-BO. The beat is once again awesome,
and AlerG spits hot gangsta shit over the fast-flowing track. Speaking of flow, it's
totally reborn here. I'll quote his ending verse:

"If it's your girlfriend, fuck it, I love it/
Pussy gets dusted, I can not be trusted/
I spit the bars that will rip the, world in two/
Call me Sadam fucking Hitler, BOOM!/

Needless to say, this track is off the hook, almost perfect, and in my opinion the album's finest.
Beat: 4/5 - Lyrics: 4.5/5
4.5/5

03 - 60 Bars
When I first saw the song title, I was expecting something similar to Nas' "One Mic".
There are some similarities, although AlerG don't have a hook or chorus. On this track
produced by SoLETERNITY he spits 60 straight bars with an very aggressive flow. He clarifies on
a lot of issues, his punchlines hit with vengeance here. Very impressive track. The rock-inspired beat is
the album's best, it's devastating.
Beat: 4.5/5 - Lyrics: 4/5
4.5/5

04 - Cast Away
Beautiful paino loop by JayMastaJay, brilliant. AlerG's voice should me mixed louder though,
as some of his lyrics was uncomprehendable, at least to me. He attacks the track at 0:48 and just rips it up
with raw lyrics. I love raw, hard lyrics but with respect to AlerG, I don't think he should have rapped with
such an agressive voice. It simply don't fit the track, in my opinion. Nevertheless, good track, great lyricism by AlerG.
Beat: 4.5/5 - Lyrics: 4/5
4/5

05 - Cypher I
The first of two "Cypher" skits, (1:00) an xylophone beat provides the melodic backdrop for AlerG to spit cold lyrics
with a calm flow. It's just 16 bars with awesome cold, threatening lyrics. This is an great concept. Overall, this skit
is one of the album's finest tracks. The mentioned beat is above average. Very creative.
4.5/5

06 - Blast You
2nd JayMastaJay produced track, another good beat, although not comparable to "Cast Away". Another raw track, AlerG's
flow is at its best here as he takes shots at weak MCs. His lyrics is mostly ill, check out the opening of his
1st verse:

"POP POP POP, it's the sound when I spit/
Lay you down on the ground for every round that I give/
Down with Jay, so now these people call me a threat/
Duckin' from our voice, and I ain't even hollerin' yet/

Great skill display. Only downside is it's length (2:33), but it doesn't matter. This track is dope.
4/5

07 - Beautiful World
The first thing that strucked me when listening to this song was the beat. I created the exact same beat on HipHop eJay.
Nevertheless, AlerG shines here with exellent lyricism. Specificly, the first verse espically caught my attention.
Very reflective and introspective song. The beat is also good, dark & moody, altrough it's a loop from HipHop Jay.
Beat: 3.5/5 - Lyrics: 4/5
3.5/5

08 - Unlimited
Chillin' down with a relaxed flow, AlerG spits nicely accompanied with flutes and piano/synth keys. I do think the drums
are too heavy though, but shit, now I'm whining. The beat is very nice, DJ-Quik style. What more can I say... the chorus
lowers the rating for this song, as I dislike it. No disrespect to AlerG.
Beat: 4/5 - Lyrics: 3/5
3.5/5

09 - Above & Beyond
Opening with some static, the beat folds out to some kind of futuristic space sound, and AlerG starts spitting shortly
after. I can't lie and say that this ain't the wackest beat on the album, but then again it had to be be one of them.
Once again he spits with severe aggression, and I gotta say his flow and lyrics are both at it's best here. Spittin'
bars on an Rakim level, he really should have used some of his better beats at this track. Only a very slight lyrical
decline on the last verse prevents a lyric 5.
Beat: 3/5 - Lyrics: 4.5/5
4/5

10 - Cypher II
Second of two "Cypher" skits, this has an harder beat, but the lyric formula remains.
Around 16 bars with awesome lyricism.

"Is it happening again, danger, ten flavours/
Stop breathing from the drama that my pen's making/
Upshaken, act up like Kevin Bacon
I'ma have to do the sheperd, the heaven Jacob/

I consider this skit to be the best out of the two, because it had an better and more suitable beat.
Beat: 4.5/5 - Lyrics: 4.5/5
4.5/5

11 - Bad Dream
AlerG speaks of his fears and bad dreams on this apocalyptic track. Some of the drums annoy me at times, but it is a
dope beat. Another exellent lyrical display, and it just tops off with that ill chorus, really impressive journey into
AlerG's mind. His flow is also more than capable.
4/5

12 - Open Minded
The album closes with another introspective song. His lyrics here are the weakest on the album, but they're still great
in this album's standards. The beat is also above average, some lively music with nice fruity loops. Overall though, I gotta
say that this nothing more than an average song.
Beat: 4/5 - Lyrics: 3/5
3.5/5

Conclusion - This is an excellent album. Simply put, both the awesome lyrics and terrific beat selection impressed me.
AlerG, as someone said earlier, you should really get your name out there. You got the skills to go anywhere, as this
album showed. I'll be bumping this for months, and all WCC members should have downloaded this by now. Simply too good
to miss. Specificly "Sadam Hitler", "Cypher I & II" & "60 Bars" are tip-top hip-hop, but there's not a single wack track
on this album. It's a must that you get this.

Score:

AlerG - The Season - 8.5/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
Re: AlerG - The Season
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2002, 08:26:30 PM »
Wow, sounds terrific. Wont be saprized to see AlerG's name on the charts some day. At least I wish to, cuz the lyric samples KVB provided sound really nice. Man, Ive been on the forum with  a future star !!  ;D ;D ;D

But hey, speakin about track 09, I mean , lyrics can be hella tight, but... on RAKIM's LEVEL???? you joking man even GZA & KRS dont get to Rakim's level what are you talkin bout!
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

KVB

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 05:29:10 PM »
Alright, maybe I exaggarated a bit, but you can't deny he got genuine, real skill. He's easily the most talented member of his crew.

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 07:48:38 PM »
Aight then, lets hope he becomes an Xzibit, not a Craig Mack!
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

KVB

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2002, 06:11:09 PM »
Uppin... comments welcome.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2002, 12:04:22 PM »
will u review my album when it releases?

KVB

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2002, 05:35:59 PM »
Probably yes... if you will give it to me, of course.

KVB

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2002, 06:53:12 AM »
Upping... now all my reviews are on top. Comments welcome.

Tecknine

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2002, 03:56:32 PM »
im also tryin to record an album but no one has hit me up with beats...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2002, 09:04:33 PM »
damn, thanks and good lookin out yall...you can only expect better in the future...

...i am the young lion

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :