Author Topic: 2Pac Live CD: More Info  (Read 203 times)

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
2Pac Live CD: More Info
« on: June 03, 2004, 10:20:38 PM »
Rumours have been flowing about this CD since its announcement, and while the CD was put up for pre-ordering on several web-based CD stores, it was taken down, supposedly because of a disagreement between Death Row Records and Amaru Entertainment. However, the CD has been put back up for pre-ordering. Release date is set to August 10th 2004, although knowing how the industry works, this might very well change. The album is being distributed by Koch Records, who also distributed Nu Mixx Klazzics, and The Prophet - The Best Of The Works.

As of now, the only official word is that the CD will contain Tupac tracks performed live, taped using high-technology methods ensuring good sound quality. The CD, which is to contain live tracks, will be accompanied by a DVD featuring video footage from four different concerts held by Tupac during his 9 months on Death Row Records. The DVD will also contain a press conference held when Tupac first got onto Death Row in late 1995. As it is now, the creators of the DVD have been watching through 15 hours+ of Tupac footage picking out what to use for the DVD. It will contain lots and lots of unseen footage, not just live performances.

Only the edited version is up on CD Universe, although this will probably change. You can pre-order your copy here.

Source: AM7

HITEMUP.COM

MakaveliRidah

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Re:2Pac Live CD: More Info
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 11:35:16 PM »
yeah siq man they need to drop this shit

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 12:07:37 AM »
sounds dope

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 04:17:40 PM »
2Pac Live CD: Even MORE info!
Latest information is that while the release was previously thought to be a joint CD/DVD release, it has now been made clear that the two releases will be released seperately. The CD will be released in August (supposedly the 10th), then the DVD will come seperately a bit later.

The quality is way above the quality on previous Tupac live performance DVDs. Want a preview of the quality? Put your "Tha Doggfather" CD in your stereo and peep the outro to the album, as well as the intro to "Upside Ya Head". Those are recordings from one of the shows that will be featured.

As soon as I get more information I will keep you posted.

Source: AM7

tight

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 08:13:15 PM »
hopefully this is cool and they dont put alot of bullshit on there or get someone 2 remix the beats >:(

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 08:21:26 PM »
This looks awesome, hopefully Death Row can do something for me this year, ATG wont drop, Suge's acting shady over at tha Row...