Author Topic: WC - The Shadiest One (Full Review)  (Read 1292 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
WC - The Shadiest One (Full Review)
« on: December 26, 2001, 10:08:40 AM »

WC continues to be one of the most tightest and underrated westcoast artist of all-time. A member of the Westside Connection, WC has 3 albums under his belt. This is his third, The Shadiest One. He is now signed to Def Jam so it will probably be a while till we see another album by him.

WC - The Shadiest One

1. Hog - Produced by Battlecat.
The albums starts off with this Battlecat banger. It has his traditional "clap" effect. WC just rips it up with his fast and furious style. The beat sounds like G'd up by tha Eastsidaz a little but it is a great way to start off the album.
4.5/5

2. Where Y'all From (Skit)

3. Fuckin' Wit Uh House Party - Produced by Battlecat.
Another Battlecat banger. This one doesn't sound like his style but it is tight. WC represents Cali to the fullest on this song. The hook is ok but could have been better. WC is just a tight ass rapper.
4.5/5

4. The Shadiest One feat. CJ Mac - Produced by Ant Banks.
Bay Area producer Ant Banks laces this song with a deep bassline and keyboard. Definitely a banger. WC and CJ Mac trade off verses and both come tight. The hook sounds like a Christmas song(what a coincidence).
3.5/5

5. Can't Hold Back feat. Ice Cube. Produced by Skooby Doo.
The sample hear has been used several times so it will sound familiar. I don't really listen to this song, I end up skipping it every time. WC rips it up but I dislike the beat.
2.5/5

6. Keep Hustlin' feat. E-40 and Too Short. Produced by Young Tre.
Former Hoo Bangin producer Young Tre laces this laid back track. It fits these three rappers perfectly,especially E-40. Sounds like a bay area song but it is tight, nothing spectacular though.
3/5

7. Just Clownin'. Produced by Battlecat.
This was the first single off the album and a great choice if you ask me. It has a thumpin beat by Battlecat and WC rips it up to the fullest. Yes it was taylor made for radio play and I remember it got alot.
4.5/5

8. The Autobiography (Skit) WC flows to an old school beat, damn he should have done a whole track.

9. Worldwide Gunnin'. Produced by Skooby Doo.
This is a hard ass beat by Skooby Doo. Perfect for WC as he raps like he was angry. These beats really fit his style if u ask me. Just listen.
4/5

10. Like That feat. Ice Cube,Daz Dillinger and CJ Mac. Produced by Daz.
This is some DPG shit as Daz laces down this beat. This is classic material here with all these rappers contributing to this tight ass song. WC comes the hardest as usual.
4/5

11. Call It What You Want. Produced by Crazy Toones.
Here we go, Crazy Toones on the beat. He is one tight producer. WC rips it up. Crazy Toones and WC are like Dr.Dre and Snoop. They benefit from each other whenever they collaborate.This beat could have been better though.
3/5

12. Rich Rollin'. Produced by Dutch.
Unknown producer Dutch laces this funky beat. Sounds alot like something Battlecat would do. WC comes off hard on the beat too. Iam still wondering who this producer is though ???
3.5/5

13. Cheddar feat. Mack 10 and Ice Cube. Produced by Mo-Suavea'.
The second single off the album and another great choice. This could have been the reunion of Westside Connection but dissapointment hits because Mack 10 and Ice Cube just do the hook on this song. WC rips this track to shreds with his style.
4.5/5

14. Bank Lick (Skit)

15. It's All Bad. Produced by Battlecat.
Yet another Battlecat banger on this album. WC tells a tale of robbing a bank and kidnapping a female. Real gangsta shit. WC displays his story telling talent here to the fullest.
4.5/5

16. Better Days feat. Ron Banks of The Dramatics. Produced by Barr 9.
Unknown producer Barr 9 gives WC a soft beat to deal with. WC though switches off his style to fit perfectly with the beat. Ron Banks does a great job on the hook. This song is definitely a laid back song to reflect on the way things are and how they will get better. A great way to end the album.
4/5

17.  The Outcome (An outro giving thanks to his homies)

Overall this album gets a 4.5. Near but not quite classic. Don't get me wrong this album is a must have for all West Coast fans but no songs really sticks out as classic(like some songs on the Chronic or Doggystyle). WC though did keep the album consistent though with many tight ass songs(something very few rappers could do). Battlecat came hard on all the beats and they were not repetitive at all. The other producers did a tight job as well. No flaws in this album. WC definitely outshines Mack 10's Paper Route and Ice Cube's Peace disc with this album.
Get it now if you don't already do, Well worth the $16 bucks!!!!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WC - The Shadiest One (Full Review)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2001, 07:15:23 PM »
3/5, no better than average, peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2001, 05:04:22 PM »
4/5...great album..

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2002, 05:10:09 PM »
my bad, i meant to give it a 3.5, i was frontin...oh and on a side note- yall should pick up wc and the madd circle- curb servin...that cd is real nice, i'm pretty sure that's the first time westside connection hooked up...if not than let me know...

front back side to side
we be given it up till the day we die
niggaz hitten me up, i'm a have to erupt
so muthafucka WEST UP

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Jome

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2002, 02:17:27 PM »
A review that lists the producers; I likez that.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2002, 05:38:23 PM »
my bad, i meant to give it a 3.5, i was frontin...oh and on a side note- yall should pick up wc and the madd circle- curb servin...that cd is real nice, i'm pretty sure that's the first time westside connection hooked up...if not than let me know...

front back side to side
we be given it up till the day we die
niggaz hitten me up, i'm a have to erupt
so muthafucka WEST UP

peace.

Westside Connection first hooked up on Mack 10's debut on the song "Westside Slaughterhouse".

Oh yeah I give this album 4/5.

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 02:29:04 PM »
Great album, my favorite songs are Better Days with RON BANKS, Hog and Cheddar with CUBE and MACK 10.

StevenMarkAss

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
There was also a version released without Cheddar on it (i bought it 4 Cheddar, seen it was not on there, returned it, ordered an import, it had Cheddar on it).

Whats the reason behind this?.