Author Topic: MITCHY SLICK "TRIGERATION STATION"  (Read 545 times)

JJdaBABAY

• Lil Geezy
  • 2 My Girl..I LOVE U
MITCHY SLICK "TRIGERATION STATION"
« on: December 31, 2001, 06:11:48 AM »
YALL NEED 2 PEEP THIS ALBUM.....PROLLY THE HARDEST RAPPER SINCE 2PAC. HONESTLY HES FUCCIN TITE. HIS ALBUM FEATURES: E-40,YUKMOUTH,CRICET,DON DIEGO..AND MORE.....

HE STR8 FROM SAN DIEgo,CA......BANG'N' AS ALBUM

MITCHY SLICK "TRIGERATION STATION"

10/10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
JJdaBABAY aka LIL SMIGG DIRTEE
ABDUCTEDbyALIENZ MUZIK
NORTH STAR MGMT.
HALF MANHALF ALIEN[/b]

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: MITCHY SLICK "TRIGERATION STATION"
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 05:11:20 PM »
why don't you give a review...i don't like the dudes that feature much so convice me to check it out, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

myrealname

Re: MITCHY SLICK "TRIGERATION STATION"
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2002, 03:09:23 AM »
"Artist: Mitchy Slick
CD: Trigeration Station (Presidential)

/ out of 5 stars  

For some time now, the name of Mitchy Slick has bubbled under the surface on the Left Coast. By and large, the spoon-fed masses (including this writer) had no idea the man existed. Hailing from San Diego, the same home of rabble rouser Jayo Felony, Mitchy comes forth with his debut album, Trigeration Station, that consistently delivers thick, West Coast funk from top to bottom.

Triggeration Station offers so much funk, it’s almost a must that cats yank out the air freshner. Cuts like "The Hate Factor," which features Yukmouth, "Connected" with E-40 demonstrate Mitchy’s uncanny ability to blast things off like the very first time. His guest appearances allow listeners to understand Mr. Slick ain’t a new jack, yet the album isn’t riddled with them. If fact, this near-classic is held together for one reason: Slick himself.  

As an underground dweller, it’s easy to feel that Slick’s stomach is in knots as the hunger for recognition oozes all over Trigeration Station. But if game recognize game, Slick is on some Milton Bradley shit or maybe Monopoly. Lyrics are more than pawns in this game, they are like the king. "Even though I rhyme, I still be in trouble too ‘cause I’ma regular nigga, one foot in the [rap] game, the other on Logan Avenue/ Hopefully one day I’ll get to do the things that real rappers do …‘cause I’ma regular nigga," he says on the appropriately titled "Regular Nigga." Fire, heat, flames are all well represented here.

Unlike most artists these days, Mitchy Slick yanks you into his world, whether you are from the East or West, baller or nerd. This one takes your mental and places it in the G-Culture of San Diego, California. Since 50 people don’t die per song, Mitch doesn’t seem to glorify violence and gang banging, he just let’s you on the inside similar to early NWA and Eazy E. And at 19 songs deep, Trigeration Station, actually manages to keep the pace up from start to finish never slowing down.

Outside of the music, let’s hope that his team and label are able to take this album and bring it to the masses. Ignorance is bliss, but there is no reason that hoods across the land don’t boogie to one of the best albums this year."

WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM