Author Topic: Let's tell the truth about Ronald Reagan  (Read 640 times)

Montana00

Re:Let's tell the truth about Ronald Reagan
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2004, 05:49:37 PM »
^^^^ always enjoy a good picture reply from you.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2004, 02:09:37 AM »
m dogg and trauma are BOTH right here.....Reagon did ALOT of good for the Country and some major bad.....me and my family being on the short hand of that stick, so you can't say he was a bad or good president.....he was the right man for the job at the time , do your research on how the country was back then, yeah there was some fucked up draw backs to reagonomics...but the country would've and could've been in a worse situation without some of his shit.  His presidency was so so .....but as a person dude was a grade A good person.

R.I.P.

and damn........overseer is serving infinite gormet style

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2004, 12:49:50 PM »
m dogg and trauma are BOTH right here.....Reagon did ALOT of good for the Country and some major bad.....me and my family being on the short hand of that stick, so you can't say he was a bad or good president.....he was the right man for the job at the time , do your research on how the country was back then, yeah there was some fucked up draw backs to reagonomics...but the country would've and could've been in a worse situation without some of his shit.  His presidency was so so .....but as a person dude was a grade A good person.

R.I.P.

Agreed, people neglect to look into the state of the US when Reagan took power, they had just come off some bad Presidents.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2004, 12:56:45 PM »

R.I.P.

Agreed, people neglect to look into the state of the US when Reagan took power, they had just come off some bad Presidents.

I take a look at the good too. He was an economics major, and economics was his thing. Reaganomics was the first step to recovery, Clinton, another president who's focus was economics, complete the recovery. I just feel that as a person, Reagan was not that great, I give him a grade D, because we could have had full economical recovery with a tax cut to the poor, but instead we didn't, and his cutting of social programs hurt a lot. Also, he ended the department of education for a year, and his abuse of peoples civil rights across the globe really shows me that he was not a truly good person at all, but only cared about his own political gain in his home country.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Let's tell the truth about Ronald Reagan
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
damn... this was an oldie... lol... were my arguments really that long... I miss the days when I had that kind of time for a response like that.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2008, 07:17:53 PM »
I wonder since Infinite is now libertarian what his thoughts on welfare and social programs are now?

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 12:55:09 AM »
I wonder since Infinite is now libertarian what his thoughts on welfare and social programs are now?

As a Libertarian I would cut all social programs and turn everything over to the free market.

Although I was correct in saying that a huge chunk of our taxes actually goes towards the military industrial complex and only a small chunk goes towards wellfare.  So to blame high taxes on wellfare like Reagan did, misses the point.

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »

As a Libertarian I would cut all social programs and turn everything over to the free market.

Although I was correct in saying that a huge chunk of our taxes actually goes towards the military industrial complex and only a small chunk goes towards wellfare.  So to blame high taxes on wellfare like Reagan did, misses the point.

I don't disagree that Reagan was as good a friend to the Free Market as Bush was. Regan himself admitted in his memoirs that he never accomplished what he wanted to accomplish as president and couldn't keep his initial campaign promises. I don't think anyone could ever walk into that office and make any real changes unless the establishment wanted them made.

I was just wondering how your opinions on certain things changed over the years. I'm a libertarian just like you, and if I were to find some of my political ideas from '04 I'd probably be ashamed of myself. I once even had a commie phase.

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 05:33:55 PM »

I don't disagree that Reagan was as good a friend to the Free Market as Bush was. Regan himself admitted in his memoirs that he never accomplished what he wanted to accomplish as president and couldn't keep his initial campaign promises. I don't think anyone could ever walk into that office and make any real changes unless the establishment wanted them made.

I was just wondering how your opinions on certain things changed over the years. I'm a libertarian just like you, and if I were to find some of my political ideas from '04 I'd probably be ashamed of myself. I once even had a commie phase.

Ya... supposedly Reagan was sounding really Libertarian when he was campaigning for office.  But then once in office he presided over a government increase that was much longer then his Democratic counterparts, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter.

Reagan's War on Drugs is a BIG government program which has had disastrous consequences.  it has lead to far greater violence on the streets, prisons and jails being flooded with non-violent drug offenders, and hugely expensive have been all the "Say No to Drugs" D.A.R.E. programs which have not lead to any decrease in drug use.

Also he was an advocate of the hugely costly Star Wars space war program, and others of the military industrial complex such as their involvement in propping up South and Central American dictators one day and then disposing of them the next day in a sea of war and violence.

...as for you mentioning our past, yeah I think we were both sociolists in our past, but how could we not be?  All we learn and are taught in government schools growing up is about the great successes of government over the course of history and they never mention that nearly everything we love from music, to computers, to technology, and on and on.... were all provided to us by the free market, against the greater efforts of the government to turn it all into a giant beuracracy and delay progress. 

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »

Damn, I dropped some knowledge on page 2.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:14:48 PM by Real American »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2008, 05:21:42 PM »
the more you know the more you  grow

i don't think  Reagan was that good of a person, now that i know a little bit more. but my so-so opinion still remains. after Nixon, Ford, and Carter he was a better leader for the times. poor people like my family sure as hell didn't benefit from his plans though, but thank god for the clinton era. some one tell me why isn't all gore coming out of his second term right now!?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
the more you know the more you  grow

i don't think  Reagan was that good of a person, now that i know a little bit more. but my so-so opinion still remains. after Nixon, Ford, and Carter he was a better leader for the times. poor people like my family sure as hell didn't benefit from his plans though, but thank god for the clinton era. some one tell me why isn't all gore coming out of his second term right now!?

What exactly did Clinton do for your family that wasn't happening between 1980 and 1992? It's a serious question. I really am curious.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »
whether due to clinton or not, i'd like to think his administration had a large influence on it, but one word...surplus.

but other things such as :

Family and Medical Leave act of 1993
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993
Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997

help, at least my lil famiy back in the day, so say what you want. things were good for us 93-2000

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2008, 09:37:09 PM »
whether due to clinton or not, i'd like to think his administration had a large influence on it, but one word...surplus.

but other things such as :

Family and Medical Leave act of 1993
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993
Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997

help, at least my lil famiy back in the day, so say what you want. things were good for us 93-2000

I wasn't trying to say anything, serious. I wanted specific examples of how life for your family got better in those 8 years compared to the previous 12 and how the federal government policies helped out specifically. If you'd rather not discuss personal stories that's fine. But I just wanted to hear you out, not necessarily try and prove you wrong.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »
i just did that. i'm giong to go into great detail but all three of those acts (off the top of my head) helped us as well as people in our area, neighborhood, region, state, country....ect.

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »
Reagan did do one good thing, he removed the price controls on oil.  This brought down prices a great deal from the Carter years.  Jimmy Carter also wanted to remove price controls but he had a 5 year plan to do it, Reagan did it right away.

Dre -  Source 1996 cover