Author Topic: Let's tell the truth about Ronald Reagan  (Read 1168 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Let's tell the truth about Ronald Reagan
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 01:33:27 PM »
people in england pay national insurance which is tax on a certain income bracket (between like 5 and 20 k or somink) what that money is then used for is to pay for things like a job seekers allounce if you become unemployed. if u have never worked your not entitled to that benefit i think its a very good system, it also has a limit on how long u can be on benefit. for the long term unemployed we provide training schemes and other opportunities and incitives to get back into work. i don't understand what the big problem with that is, personally i think its a very worth while system to have in place so if there worst does happen ur not totally up shit creek

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

smerlus

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 01:58:19 PM »
people in england pay national insurance which is tax on a certain income bracket (between like 5 and 20 k or somink) what that money is then used for is to pay for things like a job seekers allounce if you become unemployed. if u have never worked your not entitled to that benefit i think its a very good system, it also has a limit on how long u can be on benefit. for the long term unemployed we provide training schemes and other opportunities and incitives to get back into work. i don't understand what the big problem with that is, personally i think its a very worth while system to have in place so if there worst does happen ur not totally up shit creek

it doesn't work in the states because our unemployment program gives money for nothing...i was on it for 6 months after i got out of the military and the law says they can't make me take a job that i haven't worked before for the first 13 weeks and then last 13 weeks they can't make me take a job that pays less than 80% of my last job

where i live, it's impossible for them to find me a job in satillite communications or a job that pays $30,000 a year when i don't have anything besides navy certificates

then you got people like the kind that work for my mother...they get addicted to that free money, they work somewhere for 6 months....then they slack off so they can get fired and start collecting again... my mother settles this buy letting them work for 3 hours out of a day...and if they don't show up...she just doesn't pay them, she won't fire them though

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!

DAYUM

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 02:29:18 PM »
he was a good actor according to my grandmama

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2004, 02:46:20 PM »
sounds like welfare needs reform not scrapping

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

smerlus

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 02:52:31 PM »
it needs stricter regulations...but then again, the government can't tell people what to spend their money on

infinite59

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2004, 04:00:13 PM »
Yup.

And U stress welfare is for lazy muthafucaz because they want to live off Government's money? LIVE? ahahaha....ain't no one gonna be livin off no pity welfare money, it was built for survival so we could have less people running around jacking shit just to stay alive.

Yep.

And Ronald Reagen's response to this is to cut the poor off of welfare and if they commit crimes to survive then he just biulds more prisons and the prison system thrives at the taxpayers expense once again.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 04:05:59 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

smerlus

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2004, 04:22:18 PM »
so it's Reagans fault that these people have no morals and commit crimes rather than look for work?

yep you're certainly muslim...people are never responsible for their own actions unless they are rich...then they are responsible for everything wrong with the world
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 04:23:45 PM by smerlus »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 04:29:51 PM »
infinite, let the americans mourn their leader, we could sit here all day exposing how little the reagans of the world gave a fuck about the smerluses or the englewoods, but they aint tryin to hear it.

no rip from me, but i wont say nothing. you get a pass from me today. go flames go.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

smerlus

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 04:33:26 PM »
more comments from the muslim peanut gallery.. you are some bitches blaming people for your short commings

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »
Welfare does need reform..It needs stricter rules and regulations. I think there should be case workers to see what they are spending on. They should have investigators so they don't give it to people who are crackheads and herion addicts. Welfare should be for people with a disability and are unable to work physically. I also believe welfare should be for Single Mothers who have 4 kids and works 2 jobs and still can't feed her kids..............Here is a perfect true life example.  My next door neighbor does not work. She collects and spends all her umemployment check on Crack. She has a 9 year old daughter. Instead of paying bills and buying food she basically smokes the money. They go to soup kitchens and food banks to eat. That shit makes me sick. These people should be left to ROT.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004, 06:19:08 PM »
If your one of the top 1% money earners in America, and you control most of what goes on in the government and media, then you would love Reagan.  He was a great actor, and a great tool for the wealthiest class of people.  

Among his accomplishments:

-Vetoing a bill that would of punished the white South African government with sanctions for it's practice of aparthied against the majority black.

-Made the rich richer, and the poor poorer, widening the gap and more deeply dividing America.

-Cutting welfare, after school programs, and assistance to the poor.  When the poor and jobless responded angrily he biult more prisons for them.

-Turned the word "welfare" into a bad word.  Made people believe that taxes were high because of welfare reciepients wanting handouts.  Turning the middle class against the poor class.  When infact, taxes are high because the largest chunk of that money is going to steadily increase the size of the military.

-Supporting minority rebel movements in Guatamala and other South American countries we had no business being in.

-The Berlin wall fell inspite of Ronald Reagan and not becuase of Ronald Reagan.  The arms race of the cold war only retarded the situation.

I don't know why I am even responding to this post, because Ibrahim is only trying to get everyone riled up with his shock value posts. But I guess it cuts close to home for me, considering that my grandparents and father lived under the oppression of communism in Poland. They knew firsthand just how evil that system is, and that is why growing up I was taught by them what a great man Ronald Reagan was. People in Eastern Europe have so much love and gratitude towards him. The fact that president Reagan was able to help bring an end to the Soviet Union and the Iron Curtain without firing a single shot makes him without a doubt one of the greatest presidents in American history.

As for everything you posted, it is complete BS. How come you always bash America for enforcing sanctions against Iraq, saying that they unfairly hurt Iraqi civilains. But then you go and bash Reagan for not having sanctions against South Africa. So are you for or against sanctions against evil governments, or do you just pick and choose in order to bash whoever is president? And regarding welfare, the welfare system back during the 1980's actually increased, not decreased, poverty. The system back then actually encouraged people to be poor and have more kids. We had poor people having baby after baby in order for their welfare checks to increase, regardless of the fact that they couldn't afford to take care of them. That is obviously not a system that is conducve to improving standards of life. Thankfully the Republicans took measures to reform welfare.

In conclusion, Ibrahim is a moron.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004, 06:29:16 PM »
infinite, let the americans mourn their leader, we could sit here all day exposing how little the reagans of the world gave a fuck about the smerluses or the englewoods, but they aint tryin to hear it.

You should be mourning him considering he backed the Afghans against the Soviet invasion.

mauzip

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2004, 05:50:24 AM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2004, 07:58:30 AM »
more comments from the muslim peanut gallery.. you are some bitches blaming people for your short commings

What about a catholic commenting.

Jay-Z commented once on being a product of Reagonomics. Lets face it, under Reagon, the United States trend of closing the gap between rich and poor started closing. Before Reagon, since World War II, the United States was in a stage were poor was starting to gain money, and become middle class. The whole rich always get richer argument, was being crushed by the United States, which is one reason we were a great nations, we were breaking norms. Anyways, Reagon, his plan was to give the rich tax cuts, because if the rich have more money, they'd spend it on their companies. Well this did not hold true, but both middle and higher classes got tax cuts, so both classes thrived, BUT, the once surging working class took a huge hit, and this started the trend, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer. Now of course you did have our crack heads, but you also had people like my dad, who worked his whole life, is a Vietnam Vet, and he had his vet benefits taken away by Ronald Reagon, for the sake of higher class tax cuts, Reagon took away Veterans rights, and no one argueed because Reagon was popular, and people didn't like Vietnam vets anyways. So my dad had no more Veterans benefits, which is really starting to cost him now that his older, and he had lost his job because he got divorced, and he had to raise my sister and me by himself. Welfare was not that much, so he took welfare, and still worked jobs along the way, and never had enough  money. Reagon wanted his trickled down economy to work, after all, most economicalist believed the plan would work. If you remember when Bill Clinton took over, he redid the tax bracket so that rich once again get higher tax rates than working class. under Reagon, the rich got taxed like 10% well middle 20%, and working class 30%, or close to those numbers. I had exact numbers, but I am too lazy to go find them. Anyways, for his work, Reagon spend his last 10 years not remembering his name, not knowing where the bathroom was, and not remembering he was president. All I can say was, it couldn't have happen to a better man.