Author Topic: The richest country in the world.  (Read 362 times)

JTSimon

The richest country in the world.
« on: June 07, 2004, 06:43:25 PM »
The richest country in the world.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=14&u=/ap/iraq_body_armor

lol ;D think about it.

Jome

Re:The richest country in the world.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 11:21:10 PM »
So.. ??

Just because U.S. spend WAY TOO MUCH on the military, doesn't mean that they're the richest..
Not per citizen, at least..

Imagine how good the U.S. health system & welfare system could be if it wasn't for the billions used on the war machine.. think.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 11:21:46 PM by Jome »

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 12:40:33 AM »
So.. ??

Just because U.S. spend WAY TOO MUCH on the military, doesn't mean that they're the richest..

Imagine how good the U.S. health system & welfare system could be if it wasn't for the billions used on the war machine.. think.

yeah yeah yeah....in a perfect world, the money spent on the war in iraq could have been used to give every person in america at least a million dollars....but no one thinks of the economic ramifications of that

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 12:51:04 AM »
I have a feeling a country like Monaco or Brunei might actually be the richest per capita.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 03:14:51 AM »
I have a feeling a country like Monaco or Brunei might actually be the richest per capita.

or england  ;D ;D  j/k
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 03:15:52 AM by .:: BfCfC ::. »

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 04:11:42 AM »
So.. ??

yeah yeah yeah....in a perfect world, the money spent on the war in iraq could have been used to give every person in america at least a million dollars....but no one thinks of the economic ramifications of that

its not about giving everyone money, its about priorities. Bush's priority is war. So we spend money on that. Obviously we always have to spend money on defense. But obviously we also spend more, when we go to war. And, a government can spend even more, when it manages to convince its people that they are in danger (that theyre not). So as opposed to spending money to find new ways to destroy other countries, how about something crazy like put money into our piece of shit education system. Or helping under priviledged people. All i know is, theres over 20,000 homeless people in San Diego alone....u could feed all of them for 10 yrs with the amount of money it costs to make one fighter jet.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 04:22:17 AM »
^^^ yup that's sad as fuck

it's not even spending money on defense.. it's spending money on offense

the american government puts its population into fear, so they can do stuff like this..
being able to take certain political actions due to fear... sound pretty much like a dictatorship.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:22:58 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 04:30:18 AM »

All i know is, theres over 20,000 homeless people in San Diego alone....u could feed all of them for 10 yrs with the amount of money it costs to make one fighter jet.

Break down the numbers for me.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 04:33:37 AM »
Call me crazy, but haven't we already thrown BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of dollars on welfare and healthcare? Did it fix the problem?

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 04:42:12 AM »

All i know is, theres over 20,000 homeless people in San Diego alone....u could feed all of them for 10 yrs with the amount of money it costs to make one fighter jet.

the 10 yrs is obviously exagerrated. But im assuming u get the point. Assuming u...getting the point...is a stretch. And i do imagine u to be the type of asshole that would see more use in creating more ways to kill outsiders...then help our own. Good concept. How many millions of dollars have we spent on defense and war in our history, that hasnt necessarily done us a ton of good either.

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 04:51:22 AM »

the 10 yrs is obviously exagerrated. But im assuming u get the point. Assuming u...getting the point...is a stretch. And i do imagine u to be the type of asshole that would see more use in creating more ways to kill outsiders...then help our own. Good concept. How many millions of dollars have we spent on defense and war in our history, that hasnt necessarily done us a ton of good either.

We are the world’s only super power aren't we?

We have the worlds best military don't we?

We have a standard of living that’s bar none one of the best in the world don't we?

We are the only country in the world where the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed in writing aren't we?

JTSimon

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 09:51:25 AM »
So.. ??

lol I was being sarcastic...read the article.

They've been in Iraq for more than a year now dropping million dollar bombs and they just got around to supplying body armor for every1  ;D

You had to buy your own bullet proof vest  ::) what kind of shit is that.

JTSimon

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 10:00:28 AM »
its not about giving everyone money, its about priorities. Bush's priority is war. So we spend money on that. Obviously we always have to spend money on defense. But obviously we also spend more, when we go to war. And, a government can spend even more, when it manages to convince its people that they are in danger (that theyre not). So as opposed to spending money to find new ways to destroy other countries, how about something crazy like put money into our piece of shit education system. Or helping under priviledged people. All i know is, theres over 20,000 homeless people in San Diego alone....u could feed all of them for 10 yrs with the amount of money it costs to make one fighter jet.

We got 3 million people in San Diego County...20,000 homeless ain't that bad plus most of the homeless in So Cal come here for the weather during the winter.

The government needs to supply more money for homeless communties...that eventually become self-sufficient through business {bakeries/landscaping/janitors etc...}.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 10:02:56 AM by Kain »

smerlus

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 10:04:13 AM »
^^^ yup that's sad as fuck

it's not even spending money on defense.. it's spending money on offense

the american government puts its population into fear, so they can do stuff like this..
being able to take certain political actions due to fear... sound pretty much like a dictatorship.

you should stop watching scrubs and maybe look up dictatorship in the dictionary

smerlus

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 10:08:46 AM »
my question is...why is america's homeless, starving, unemployed, people such a big issue when countries that aren't at war and spending millions of dollars on war, still have the same issues?

japan barely has a military and if you ever go to tokyo you will see makeshift lean-to's through out thier parks filled with the homeless. so you're going to tell me that it's japan's fault that these people can't find housing, jobs and food? there's only so much a government can do for it's people