Author Topic: The richest country in the world.  (Read 357 times)

Woodrow

Re:The richest country in the world.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 10:18:57 AM »
Nike bought all the people in my friends unit Body armor.

Phil knight is the bomb.

JTSimon

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 11:20:18 AM »

Phil knight is the bomb.

Are you serious?  ;D

Montana00

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 11:36:57 AM »

Phil knight is the bomb.

did they really? thats cool that they would do that.

anway i got 3 words for you guys. Fuck The Homeless. You think i give a dam about the fucking 20,000 homeless people in San diego? i went to san fransico once, and i spent half my time there telling homeless people to fuck off. they ask me for money then they go into a liquor store to buy vodka, or some crack down the street.

Why should my taxes go to some homeless person who just wants to sleep on the street instead of getting a real job? i would much rather spend my taxes on giving our soliders body armor then give a homeless person some crack. now there are some homeless people who have reasons for being there. But thats 1 in a million IMO.

Im glad bush finally has his priorities straight though. i mean its not really that hard to figure out. over 800 soliders have died in half a year.....hmm maybe they could use some body armor.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 12:17:27 PM »

Phil knight is the bomb.

anway i got 3 words for you guys. Fuck The Homeless. You think i give a dam about the fucking 20,000 homeless people in San diego? i went to san fransico once, and i spent half my time there telling homeless people to fuck off. they ask me for money then they go into a liquor store to buy vodka, or some crack down the street.

Why should my taxes go to some homeless person who just wants to sleep on the street instead of getting a real job? i would much rather spend my taxes on giving our soliders body armor then give a homeless person some crack. now there are some homeless people who have reasons for being there. But thats 1 in a million IMO.

Holy shit...

For once, Rampant and I agree on the same thing...thats kinda scary...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 02:08:44 PM »
^^^ yup that's sad as fuck

it's not even spending money on defense.. it's spending money on offense

the american government puts its population into fear, so they can do stuff like this..
being able to take certain political actions due to fear... sound pretty much like a dictatorship.

you should stop watching scrubs and maybe look up dictatorship in the dictionary

from southpark you should know not to take everything literally like it's defined in the books
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 03:27:24 PM »
South park now theres a show. One of the few shows nowadays that i actually laugh to.

Jome

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 07:31:44 PM »
its not about giving everyone money, its about priorities. Bush's priority is war. So we spend money on that. Obviously we always have to spend money on defense. But obviously we also spend more, when we go to war. And, a government can spend even more, when it manages to convince its people that they are in danger (that theyre not). So as opposed to spending money to find new ways to destroy other countries, how about something crazy like put money into our piece of shit education system. Or helping under priviledged people. All i know is, theres over 20,000 homeless people in San Diego alone....u could feed all of them for 10 yrs with the amount of money it costs to make one fighter jet.

Real talk.

my question is...why is america's homeless, starving, unemployed, people such a big issue when countries that aren't at war and spending millions of dollars on war, still have the same issues?

japan barely has a military and if you ever go to tokyo you will see makeshift lean-to's through out thier parks filled with the homeless. so you're going to tell me that it's japan's fault that these people can't find housing, jobs and food? there's only so much a government can do for it's people

Because in U.S. it's obviously a bigger issue, and they have the money to do what they want about it, but doesn't.
Claiming to be the greatest country, best military, etc. doesn't mean much when everybody knows that basic welfare/health issues is more important than fighting wars everywhere.

We are the world’s only super power aren't we?

U.S. isn't gonna be a superpower for long if you/they continue like the last year..
That's what all the experts say.. (yes, even the U.S. experts.)

We have a standard of living that’s bar none one of the best in the world don't we?

You do.. ??

Woodrow

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 10:09:34 PM »
We are the world’s only super power aren't we?

U.S. isn't gonna be a superpower for long if you/they continue like the last year..
That's what all the experts say.. (yes, even the U.S. experts.)
Gimmie some quotes.

We have a standard of living that’s bar none one of the best in the world don't we?

You do.. ??

Yes. Our Poor have microwave ovens, cars, houses over their heads and the opportunity to become rich. We also don't pay 50% of our income to taxes for programs that we don't use.

Once again, this is the ONLY country in the world where the pursuit of happiness is GUARANTEED in writing to every citizen.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 02:53:29 AM »
It might be guaranteed but I doubt those many thousands of homeless people are full of happiness and that might at least partly be due to the system.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 06:17:11 AM »

You do.. ??

hehe no you dont.. you come very low compared to some countries..

smerlus

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 09:40:22 AM »
a cheery outlook on america's poor

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Welfare/bg1713.cfm