Author Topic: An Accurate List Of Classic Albums  (Read 956 times)

mauzip

Re:An Accurate List Of Classic Albums
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 03:09:30 PM »

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 03:12:40 PM »
I agree with everything nima listed, great list

Rudki

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 03:16:13 PM »
^ yeah nima listed some real classics there

except I'd swap BLACK MAFIA LIFE for UNCLE SAMS CURSE due to the improvement in quality music from ATL, and of course, BLACK SUPERMAN is on there......

below is a few of my personal classics, and what I think should be regarded as CLASSIC.....

^ genius album from suga free, theres aload of suga free haters around I know, but nearly all suga fans wud say this is timeless

^ UNDERATED.........4tay talking some REAL shit on this

*oh and faces 'the diary' IS a classic in every sense of the word  8)*

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 03:18:03 PM by Rudki »

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 04:02:18 PM »
Like I said I don't wanna throw the word around like nothing.  Those albums Nima listed maybe "westcoast" classic but not real classics.  I'd say most hip-hop heads haven't even heard of Season Of Da Siccness, Bow Down is great but how is it a classic like the ones I listed?  I don't see how At The Speed Of Life has a significant impact on hip-hop.

Again, you're not taking away anything from an album by not calling a album "classic".
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

We Fly High

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 07:57:04 PM »
Like I said I don't wanna throw the word around like nothing.  Those albums Nima listed maybe "westcoast" classic but not real classics.  I'd say most hip-hop heads haven't even heard of Season Of Da Siccness, Bow Down is great but how is it a classic like the ones I listed?  I don't see how At The Speed Of Life has a significant impact on hip-hop.

Again, you're not taking away anything from an album by not calling a album "classic".

yeah i feel that way too. toothpicks list is pretty complete, but i believe with the same reasoning quoted above, that aquemini should not be on there.. if aquemini is on there, i think the other ones that nima listed could just as easily replace it..

Jome

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 08:21:01 PM »
Like I said I don't wanna throw the word around like nothing.  Those albums Nima listed maybe "westcoast" classic but not real classics.

Yeah, it seems to me that it's a lot easier to make a "classic" for a Westcoast artists than most other artists.
The word "legend" seems to be thrown around a little too much as well..

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 08:21:56 PM by Jome »

davida.b.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 09:24:17 PM »

This is definatly a modern day classic.

teecee

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 09:31:11 PM »
We all have our personal classics, but i think its save to say that stuff like Bow Down and TQ's album or Spice 1's album are not considered classics all around, and there are reasons....wat new did they bring to the game? WHat impact did they have?

Was Fugees THE SCORE on that list?  Its not my favourite, but i think its a classic.......Id also add ras kass debut, Outkast debut, and DOc's

teecee

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 09:33:25 PM »
But ya, if you wanna go by impact, how much impact on  hiphop did Doc's album have, or Ras kass' for that matter.......mayb ethey arenot true classics

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2004, 11:13:40 PM »
But ya, if you wanna go by impact, how much impact on  hiphop did Doc's album have, or Ras kass' for that matter.......mayb ethey arenot true classics

The D.O.C went platinum in 1989, thats pretty rare for a hip hop album at the time, just because todays youth don't know about it, it still had a big impact in hip hop when it was released. And i don't consider Illmatic classic because i don't really like much of the LP at all. I haven't listened to it in about a year, so my view might have changed but for 9 years i never got why everyone loved that LP so much over others.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

mauzip

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2004, 11:16:04 PM »
We all have our personal classics, but i think its save to say that stuff like Bow Down and TQ's album or Spice 1's album are not considered classics all around, and there are reasons....wat new did they bring to the game? WHat impact did they have?

Was Fugees THE SCORE on that list?  Its not my favourite, but i think its a classic.......Id also add ras kass debut, Outkast debut, and DOc's

Actually... do you know how many people think TQ's first album is the best R&B album ever made?

We Fly High

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2004, 11:24:48 PM »
dude shut the fuck up. TQ is nowhere near any sort of classic status.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 09:41:21 AM »

Actually... do you know how many people think TQ's first album is the best R&B album ever made?

ummm....one...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

teecee

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2004, 12:10:50 PM »
Mauzip, the only people who think Tq's debut is the best r7b album of all time are groupies who run his website and post on his message board and carry umbrellas for him......this is a discussion of HIP HOP classic albums by the way.  As for classic R&B albums, you better listen some to some 70's shit if you think TQ's album is the best......

Charlie Brown, i feel you on the DOC album, but aside from westcoast heads, its impact and longevity is quite minimal.   As for Nas, i know what u mean; most people i know dont even like that cd, i think it is something you had to hear when it first came out, although unfortunately it was so under the radar when it dropped that many missed the opportunity.  I was lucky to order it by chance from Columbia Records club as one of my 10 free cds for joining; at first i hated it but it dawned on me how dope it actually was.  Sure, its not as accessible and commerical friendly as the Chronic, Doggystyle, or other cds that popular around the time, but if you really give it a chance you may be surprised.  If not, i still understand why.......peace

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
yeah i feel that way too. toothpicks list is pretty complete, but i believe with the same reasoning quoted above, that aquemini should not be on there.. if aquemini is on there, i think the other ones that nima listed could just as easily replace it..

Aquemini was a close call.  The south really started making noise in '98, I know in large part to Master P and No Limit but for some reason this album really stands out to me as a landmark album.  Not to mention that the content was amazing, it's original and creative with outstanding beats and rhymes.  
I was thinking long and hard about Southplaya... too, it's really close either way.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.