Author Topic: An Accurate List Of Classic Albums  (Read 957 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re:An Accurate List Of Classic Albums
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2004, 01:53:34 PM »
Esham-Boomin Words From Hell-C'mon,this album set the stage for many Detroit Rappers and at such a young age(13).

closed casket was his best album, and it was still original.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2004, 02:18:42 AM »
i'm too lazy to look back now to see if it's on but  license to ill should definately be on there

Efil4zaggin, IMO should be on there....c'mon it was the first polished album production wise

Life is too $hort could  be on there

Black sunday cypress hill

Me Against the World, most definately

and fuck what you say ...the love below is classic

and i WAS going to take down my laker hoes but since y'all love em so much they're here to stay

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2004, 02:41:18 AM »
the diary is definatley a classic, hands down
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2004, 02:57:36 AM »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2004, 04:25:44 AM »
I got some of those classic albums that Ras Kass' Toothpick posted, but not all of them though (I still haven't bought Paid In Full for example).
I'll be going on a shopping spree next week, when my exams are done! 8)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2004, 08:52:10 AM »
The album in my avatar is most definatly a classic, and the g.a.o.at. IMO
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2004, 04:12:55 AM »
^^ Actually I do think Makaveli was easily better than AEOM too, but I can't really see how it had a remarkable impact on hiphop. Still one of my all time favorites

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2004, 09:44:59 AM »
^^ Actually I do think Makaveli was easily better than AEOM too, but I can't really see how it had a remarkable impact on hiphop. Still one of my all time favorites

Yeah but to be honest what impact did AEOM have apart from being the first proper hiphop double album? It just inspired people to make double albums with a lot of filler rather than 12-14 track albums with no weak tracks. If anything AEOM had a bad effect on hiphop, for both the double album reason, and the fact that in artists like Ja Rule we still see artists trying to be like AEOM Pac when I would personally much prefer if artists were inspired by Me Against The World or Makaveli Pac, where he actually had something useful to say.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 09:46:56 AM by Waitin For The DJ »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2004, 09:55:21 AM »

Yeah but to be honest what impact did AEOM have apart from being the first proper hiphop double album? It just inspired people to make double albums with a lot of filler rather than 12-14 track albums with no weak tracks. If anything AEOM had a bad effect on hiphop, for both the double album reason, and the fact that in artists like Ja Rule we still see artists trying to be like AEOM Pac when I would personally much prefer if artists were inspired by Me Against The World or Makaveli Pac, where he actually had something useful to say.

Couldn't agree more.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2004, 02:29:24 PM »

well since u didn't deny AEOM did have an impact I agree fully...u actually hit the nail on the head sayin Ja Rule and others are tryina be the AEOM Pac MUCH more than the Makaveli or pre-Death Row Pac. That might be sad, but it's just backin up the point AEOM was his most influential album. And btw, u could still take AEOM off that list IMO, since i think it's about albums who contributed to hiphop in a constructive way...AEOM was good with all its weaknesses, its influence on hiphop might not have been

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2004, 10:59:35 AM »

down south hustlers was the first double album released in rap.
*pours out 40 for old p*
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris