Author Topic: Props to John Kerry  (Read 118 times)

Trauma-san

Props to John Kerry
« on: June 08, 2004, 08:34:24 PM »
For showing that somewhere deep down inside he actually is a man.  He's handled this Reagan thing very well... he's said a few negative things about him, but nothing out of line; he cancelled his political functions for the week, because he knew that it would be improper to confront the media's (and his own constituents) questions about Reagan, etc... and today he went and visited Reagan in California.  

There's 2 ways to look at that, you could say he was trying to capitalize on it, and make it a p.r. event... but I don't believe that's true.  I believe he genuinely wanted to pay his respects to a man he didn't agree with but still was able to respect.  He showed up unannounced, didn't make a big deal of it, stayed a few minutes, then left.  He's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, and I think he handled it well.  He gets my respect at least for that.  I don't really hate Kerry, I just think he makes poor choices sometimes and his policies are ludicrious... but as a person I don't think he's evil or anything, I think these past few days his actions (and inactions) have shown that he's at least, when it comes down to life and death, not so far gone as to totally abandon common courtesy and the notion of respecting the dead.

While I'm at it, another thing to give Kerry props for is that he served in Vietnam.  Even though he came back and talked all kinds of shit about what happened over there, he still point blank did his tour of duty and served his country, for ordinary people like me and you; so he deserves respect for that, as well.  

P.S. - Vote Bush.  

pappy

Re:Props to John Kerry
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 08:47:09 PM »
i was goin give you props till i read the p.s part lol.

j/k

good post surprised to see you give kerry any credit.  *gives props regardless*

p.s. vote kerry lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 09:08:03 PM »
You're just surprised because you don't understand someone who thinks like me.  I'm actually fair.  

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 09:08:09 PM »
Kerry doesn't give a shit about you...So stop wasting your time making bullshit threads  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 09:13:27 PM »
That's just because he doesn't know me.  If he knew me, I'm sure he'd give a shit.  He showed that today in California.  

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 11:04:28 AM »
1988 Flashback: Kerry calls Reagan Presidency "Moral Darkness" in convention speech
Fri Jun 11 2004 12:32:42 ET

*** The Boston Globe Archives | July 21, 1988 | Walter V. Robinson ***

ATLANTA -- Michael Stanley Dukakis, a self-described "very, very long- shot" candidate just 16 months ago, last night became the Democratic nominee for president and his party's best hope to win the White House since 1976. Earlier, Sen. John F. Kerry took to the convention hall podium, telling the delegates that the "moral darkness" of President Reagan's presidency will soon end.

"A Republican president once reminded us, 'There is absolutely nothing to be said for a government of powerful men with the ideals of pawnbrokers,' " Kerry said.

"That president's name was Theodore Roosevelt. And today Theodore Roosevelt would be ashamed to be a Republican."

Said Kerry: "It is time we once again had a government of laws and not of lawbreakers."

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

Montana00

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 12:44:23 PM »
yea if kerry knew trauma he'd probably make him secretary of defense. he could help convince kerry to start using nukes again  :)

anyway. yea that was cool of him to do that, obviously i think the guy is a waffle, but what he did was cool. And also since you mentioned it, he was a true american solider. he got a bronze and silver star, which are highly praised medals in the military. And you said he talked shit after he left the war. My view is, if you served then you have the right to talk whatever shit you want.

its like people over 18 who talk shit about the president, but dont vote.

P.s. Bush and Kerry are equally lame.