Author Topic: To those that hate america but still live in america  (Read 761 times)

Woodrow

Re:To those that hate america but still live in america
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2004, 07:36:01 PM »
U.S. is one of the most, if not THE most, regulated country in the world.
You really don't belive that garbage do you Jome?

Jome

Re:To those that hate america but still live in america
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2004, 07:44:45 PM »
U.S. is one of the most, if not THE most, regulated country in the world.
You really don't belive that garbage do you Jome?

Like I said:

It's one of the countries with the most police, most authorities, agencies, most surveillance, most laws & regulations.

Of course I do not compare you with dictator regimes, like N.Korea, Iran, prev. Iraq, etc, but for a democratic country it seems that U.S. is a very regulated country.
Most Europeans would probably say that U.S. seems like a more closed, stricter and restricted country than most European countries..

But then again, U.S. people seem to believe that they are the freest country in the world, so I dunno..
I'd like to think that the average European knows a great deal more about U.S, than the average U.S. citizen knows about Europe, but it's only what I seen/heard, so I can't conclude.

Woodrow

Re: To those that hate america but still live in america
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2004, 08:07:28 PM »
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_pol_cap

Norway has more police per capita than the US.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_bud_rev_cap

Norway is more taxed than the US

CCTV cameras aren't nearly as popular here as in the UK, and I'm not sure what you mean by agencies and authoriteies.

Jome

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2004, 08:20:39 PM »

Regular police yeah.. ?
Doesn't measure FBI, CIA, DEA, Foreign police/affairs, secret services etc. all that shit y'all got.. can't even name them all.

With authorities & agencies, I meant e.g. the ones mentioned above ^^ and all that other crap.
I bet you can't even mention all the different divisions of authorities and law enforcement blah blah you got.

Woodrow

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2004, 08:28:52 PM »

Regular police yeah.. ?
Doesn't measure FBI, CIA, DEA, Foreign police/affairs, secret services etc. all that shit y'all got.. can't even name them all.

With authorities & agencies, I meant e.g. the ones mentioned above ^^ and all that other crap.
I bet you can't even mention all the different divisions of authorities and law enforcement blah blah you got.

CIA doesn't work inside the US.

Secret service protects the president, and finds counterfeiters, Norway doesn't have something like this?

Drug enforcement agency does just that, Norway doesn't have anything like this?

The FBI protects "the U.S. from terrorist attacks, from foreign intelligence operations, and from cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes; combating public corruption at all levels; protecting civil rights; combating international and national organized crime, major white-collar crime, and significant violent crime" Norway doesn't have anything like that?

I don't think you realize that it's a lot easier to police a nation of 4 million people and 324,220 sq km of land.

The United states has 290 million people and has 9,631,418 sq km of land.

Jome

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2004, 08:41:17 PM »
I don't think you realize that it's a lot easier to police a nation of 4 million people and 324,220 sq km of land.

Good points, but I still think that the liberty statue and "the land of the free" is more symbols/sayings than anything..  ;D

Woodrow

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2004, 08:43:56 PM »

Good points, but I still think that the liberty statue and "the land of the free" is more symbols/sayings than anything..  ;D

Think what you want, but America is still the undeniable symbol of democracy and freedom across the world.

Strong Arm

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2004, 08:46:45 PM »
A litte bit more too Woodrow.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2004, 04:37:47 AM »
Jome is right as fuck about the freedom stuff. It cracks me up EVERY time an American talks about how free his country is.

Once I made a post about it, a dope & long one.

Also, it is hilarious as fuck when Americans who dislike Liberals brag about how free their country is, LOL. Awesome.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2004, 01:37:11 PM »
Jome is right as fuck about the freedom stuff. It cracks me up EVERY time an American talks about how free his country is.

Also, it is hilarious as fuck when Americans who dislike Liberals brag about how free their country is, LOL. Awesome.

I think it's hilarious as fuck when schizophrenic trailer park germans throw their two cents in. LOL! AWESOME!

Montana00

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2004, 02:01:17 PM »
but we are free?

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2004, 02:30:24 PM »

We aren't free.  But when Liberals want to re-distribute wealth and tax us to hell, and the conservatives want to spend billions on blillions for unnesseary millitary buld-up we understand why we aren't free.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2004, 04:05:15 PM »

I think it's hilarious as fuck when schizophrenic trailer park germans throw their two cents in. LOL! AWESOME!

wow, you got some valid points to argue there.

how does it feel to be so damn helpless?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2004, 03:05:58 AM »
back to what tom was saying........if america is so bad go fucking move to another country. i respect johnny depp at least that fool did it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Woodrow

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2004, 03:07:08 AM »

So you think Germany is more "free" than America? Please explain.

Why do you find it hilarious that I brag about how free my country is? I've got the freedom to choose my views, I've got the freedom to learn about my surroundings, I've got the freedom to say what I want, when I want. I've got the freedom to make as much money as I want. I've got the freedom to call you a tinfoil hat wearing trailerpark dweller.

You've got a bad case of haterism. Too bad your hatered is misplaced. Why not talk about freedom in Saudi Arabia? Why not talk about the lack of human rights in China? Why not focus your energy on something more valid?