Author Topic: Question for Liberals. This means you.  (Read 665 times)

Trauma-san

Question for Liberals. This means you.
« on: June 13, 2004, 10:32:37 PM »
Say you're the president, and you are in charge Sept. 11th, 2001 when we are bombed.  

The smoke clears, you look around: Al Qaeda is claiming responsibility; Terrorist groups around the world are applauding the deaths of 3000 American civilians, Saddam Hussein is in breach of his cease-fire agreement with the U.S., and applauding the attacks, N. Korea is in breach of U.N. agreements and developing nuclear weapons, etc.

What is your plan of strategy? Now, keep in mind, before Sept. 11th, terrorists had been making threats for years, even decades, and we haven't done anything to stop them.  Now, one of the threats, from Al Qaeda, has came true, and they have done the unspeakable.  

What is your plan.  

smerlus

Re:Question for Liberals. This means you.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 10:34:47 PM »
~puts on my boots because here comes the peacefull bullshit~

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 10:47:59 PM »
*slips into Tom Daschele mode

Well... firssst, I would buy lots of little doilies, and have a big TEA PARTY IN THE ROSE GARDEN.  I would invvite Palestinian Leaders, and Israeli Leaders, and Bin Ladin, and Hes Bolla Bolla, and those guys up there in Ireland that have been fighting for centuries, and I would invite the leader of North Korea, and we'd all sit down with crumpets and tea, and talk about how we can all just get along.  Bin Ladin claims he wants to kill every American Child on the face of the earth, and, well... heh... I gotta admit he's got a great head start with his recent, um... extra-curricular activities in New York... well, I think the real problem is he needs a hug.  OR! Wait! I just got a great idea.  WE COULD TAX EVERYONE IN AMERICA AN EXTRA DOLLAR a week, and then give the proceeds to Mr. Bin Ladin, or donate it to his favorite charity.  I think that would probably help us better Understand him.  I always chill at the thought of the word "terrorists", because, after all, there's nothing a hug and taxes can't fix.

Mr. Hussein from the great people's slaveship of Iraq regretfully won't be able to attend.  I tried calling all afternoon, but apparently he and Hanz Blitz are out playing hide the warhead again... I was reading over the cease-fire agreement he signed with us 15 years ago, and ... well... he hasn't really kept up his end of the bargain... and he won't return my phone calls... and he was on television laughing and applauding Mr. Bin Ladin's actions in New York... and he attempted to Assasinate one of those nasty, evil Republican presidents that preceded me... and we've held 14 Joint Sessions @ the U.N., and had 14 unanimous um... 'decisions' to send him um... 'resolutions'... um.... 'asking' him to 'please' abide by the cease fire agreement he signed... but I'm sure, if given enough time, he will start cooperating with us.  I'm sure he means no harm... we'll just leave him to rape and pillage his people un-interrupted... I hear he has a hearing problem, and that is known to make a man... well... not be himself.  We're praying for you, Saddam!

Well, it's off to re-decorate the oval office.  There's these strange creamy stains under the desk, and I guess we're going to have to just throw the whole thing out!  

Oh wait, there's something coming through from the fax machine: "C.I.A. Bulletin: Palestinians holding demonstrations in the streets of the west bank burning U.S. flags" and an effigy of me?  THEY LIKE ME!!!! THEY REALLY, TRULY, LIKE ME!!!!

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 06:30:21 AM »
Say you're the president, and you are in charge Sept. 11th, 2001 when we are bombed.  

The smoke clears, you look around: Al Qaeda is claiming responsibility; Terrorist groups around the world are applauding the deaths of 3000 American civilians, Saddam Hussein is in breach of his cease-fire agreement with the U.S., and applauding the attacks, N. Korea is in breach of U.N. agreements and developing nuclear weapons, etc.

What is your plan of strategy? Now, keep in mind, before Sept. 11th, terrorists had been making threats for years, even decades, and we haven't done anything to stop them.  Now, one of the threats, from Al Qaeda, has came true, and they have done the unspeakable.  

What is your plan.  

Here is my plan:

1.  I would immediately end all support for Isreal and accept responsibility for creating much of the problem when the US Government and Harry S. Truman created a Jewish state in the heart of the Arab world without consulting the Arabs.

2.  I would remove all of our troops from Saudi Arabia, because American troops near the Holy cities of Mekkah and Medina is threatening to Muslims.

3.  I would remove all sanctions on Iraq, because sanctions that destabalize a country's economy and kill thousands of children never goes over well with the population of a country.

4.  I would allow North Korea the right to biuld one or two nukes, considering the United States has hundreds of them.  Every country has the right to defend themselves.

-----That would solve the whole problem without one person dying.  But I guess that's not good enough for business so Bush went another route to please the corporate world.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 06:31:46 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 06:37:46 AM »

2.. rubbish.

3.. iraqi sanctions were buy the UN, not the US. things will change in iraq once the new govt. is installed and proves itself.

4.. and when they use them to attack south korea? what will you say then?

like has been said before, america has no history of attacking its neighbors. they are there for defence.

it wouldnt solve all the problems either, you're very very naive.

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 06:58:16 AM »
1. Hire some fine interns  ;D

2. Attack Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan.

3. Make a deal with Saddam to relieve sanctions and to allow nuclear inspectors free access.

4. Cut Israeli aid by 75%.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 07:20:09 AM »
end support of israel and make america an independent medium of peace there with justice for the palestinians gettin their land rightfully returned.

to trauma how sucessful has bush's wars been? (don't get me wrong i supported them but i havn't supported the methods used and with poor result my support is deminishing) is america safer as a result? no. Is the middle east more stable as bush would like us to think? no. have the taliban been completly removed from afganistan? no. has alquada been removed from afganistan? no. has bin laden been caught? no. Has afganistan had democratic elections? no. have america made iraq secure? no. has terrorism gown down as a result of the wars? no. has america lowered oil prices by bringing more iraqi oil onto the market? no.

i'll end with this how has world opinion and support for america changed since bush came to power? sept. 11 worldwide support for america and condemnation of the attacks to the current climate arguments between friendly western nations less and less support in the developing regions of the world. pure hatred for america in the middle east due thier current policy there. and protests in every state visit bush makes

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Montana00

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 07:41:26 AM »
wow hears what i dont get from you guys. You guys have all these ways to stop terrorism. You say how much safer are we.

The fact is you cant stop terrorism. If a member of al-queda wants to spray a aerosol can full of anthrax into the air of a stadium during the superbowl...he will. nobody can stop this because its too hard to control.  So you have two options. You either stand back and say "ok were leaving middle east alone", or you can use military force to try and stop most of al-queda.  The fact is  you have to use the military, in a perfect world tea and crumpets with bin laden would work, but this is a world of hate, and the middle easterns arent gonnna love us just because we dont occupy their countries.

During 9/11 we werent in iraq, we werent in afghanistan. and look what happened.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 10:01:36 AM »
After 9/11, I would have done much of what the United States did. I would declair war on the Taliban, try to go to the other Islamic nations, and work to peace, and try to make the Afganistan War an isolated war, not with every nation after us for abusing our military power. After the Taliban retreated to the mountains, I'd stay the course, and use our military special forces, and other local scouts to hunt them down. What I wouldn't have done was go to war with Iraq.

smerlus

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 11:11:40 PM »
After 9/11, I would have done much of what the United States did. I would declair war on the Taliban, try to go to the other Islamic nations, and work to peace, and try to make the Afganistan War an isolated war, not with every nation after us for abusing our military power. After the Taliban retreated to the mountains, I'd stay the course, and use our military special forces, and other local scouts to hunt them down. What I wouldn't have done was go to war with Iraq.

your post was good but the problem was that non of the arabic countries wanted to help us...besides palistine and you see the the kind of treatment they got...it would have been great if the US could work out all it's problems peacefully, but people want to act like hard asses and step up to us, trying to look like martyrs

Smoke

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 11:23:27 PM »

What is your plan.  

Here is my plan:

1.  I would immediately end all support for Isreal and accept responsibility for creating much of the problem when the US Government and Harry S. Truman created a Jewish state in the heart of the Arab world without consulting the Arabs.

2.  I would remove all of our troops from Saudi Arabia, because American troops near the Holy cities of Mekkah and Medina is threatening to Muslims.

3.  I would remove all sanctions on Iraq, because sanctions that destabalize a country's economy and kill thousands of children never goes over well with the population of a country.

4.  I would allow North Korea the right to biuld one or two nukes, considering the United States has hundreds of them.  Every country has the right to defend themselves.

-----That would solve the whole problem without one person dying.  But I guess that's not good enough for business so Bush went another route to please the corporate world.

ROFL. I'm glad Bush was the President.

Man

1. Bin Laden didnt give a fuck about Israel. C'mon, let's not bullshiting! Talking about Israel is like for a killer to talk about his daddy who used to kick his ass when he was a kid: an excuse, used to dont look worse than he does. Bin Laden killed 2000 civils without fighting a war, but with a terrorist act. It has nothing to do with Israel. And, on a side note, remember them people in Palestina celebrating the Twin Towers falling down? Yeah, right: the soluction is to help them. What a great idea.

2. LOL. Al Quaeda is bombing Saudi Arabia and you want to remove troops from there? Why dont give them directly the full control of Arabia by killing all the people from Arabia's Government? That's even better, aint it? But dont worry, your "friends" will do it alone.

3. A single man cant remove sanctions done by ONU. And it STILL has nothing to do with 11/7.

4. Mmmmm.. too stupid to comment. It's ONU who doesnt want N.Korea to build "one or two" nukes.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 07:05:32 AM »
After 9/11 I wouldve gave the Taliban evidence that Bin Laden was responsible for the act and by the end of the year, he wouldve been sittin in a Saudi Jail.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 11:23:34 AM »
Yea beacuse the taliban are so outraged by what bin ladens doing. im sure they would move mountains to find him.

smerlus

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 12:49:21 PM »
After 9/11 I wouldve gave the Taliban evidence that Bin Laden was responsible for the act and by the end of the year, he wouldve been sittin in a Saudi Jail.

you're an idiot

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 02:04:34 PM »
american government wern't on bad terms with the taliban b4 9/11 they were working on putting a gas pipe between afganistan and pakistan

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?