Author Topic: Question for Liberals. This means you.  (Read 664 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Question for Liberals. This means you.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 02:27:37 PM »
After 9/11, I would have done much of what the United States did. I would declair war on the Taliban, try to go to the other Islamic nations, and work to peace, and try to make the Afganistan War an isolated war, not with every nation after us for abusing our military power. After the Taliban retreated to the mountains, I'd stay the course, and use our military special forces, and other local scouts to hunt them down. What I wouldn't have done was go to war with Iraq.

your post was good but the problem was that non of the arabic countries wanted to help us...besides palistine and you see the the kind of treatment they got...it would have been great if the US could work out all it's problems peacefully, but people want to act like hard asses and step up to us, trying to look like martyrs

you don't put much stock in the world I see. As for allies, if they want to help, that's good, let them come along, I wouldn't force them. The main thing is keeping the Afgan war with the Taliban isolate. No need to go to other countries, unless you are hunting Taliban, no need to over throw other governments, no need to worry what the rest of the world is thinking if they are just trying to look for an excuse. The trick is not giving them an excuse to begin with.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 06:52:08 PM »
After 9/11 I wouldve gave the Taliban evidence that Bin Laden was responsible for the act and by the end of the year, he wouldve been sittin in a Saudi Jail.

you're an idiot

Yes, Im the idiot.

*sighs*

ok peep game, this ones free

Do you understand Taliban/American relations? Do u understand the extent of the conversations between American and Taliban relations re: Bin Laden.? Ill answer this for u, no u dont.

The Americans demanded Bin Ladens head, Two problems hombre.

1. Afghan (specifically Pushtun) culture, calls for the extention of guestship to anyone seeking shelter. If Bush came to the Taliban and asked for hospitality he would be given it. Furthermore, Bin Laden while being a pain in the ass to u, did a good service to Afghanistan, by helping us during the Soviet Invasion.

2. America demanded Bin Ladens head. The Taliban said no to this demand for several reasons:

- the lack of an extradition treaty between the two countries. (Which truthfully means alot of red tape, Extraditions can still be made , ex. Pakistan giving the US the guy who shot up the CIA headquarters)

- the problem is that the US did not recognize the Taliban govt. They still referred to exiles as the true leaders of Afghanistan.

The taliban refused to make any more concessions to the Americans without benefits to them (mainly intl. recognition). They had already unilaterally stopped poppy production at American request.

Taliban leadership condemned the 9/11 attacks, and when Bush had his hand on the trigger  Saudi intelligence reported that the Taliban were willing to give up Bin Laden, but only to a Muslim country, provided that proof was givin off Bin Ladens complixity in the attacks.

My man, international diplomacy is complex and not black and white. Based on what Ive read and what I know, I believe sincerely that negotiations wouldve brought about Bin Laden without having to go to war. You may disagree but since u dont know anything regarding the subject, your opinions have no legitimacy.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

smerlus

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 10:35:14 PM »
here's the problem with that...

Osama Admitted to being the mastermind behind the whole thing....if all they needed was proof on who did it....they could have turned on the tv and watched the same tape i was watching

no doubt that they probably wanted something in exchange for him, but the united states doesn't make deals with terrorists or countries that house terrorists (unless it's saudi arabia)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 09:06:26 PM »
what do u mean the united states doesnt deal with terrorists. Thats all the fuckin CIA does.

The CIA ran into Bin Laden in I believe Qatar or Abu Dubaii at a hospital. Let him escape.

And I dont recall Osama ever admitting to commiting the act.
Might be wrong tho.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

smerlus

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2004, 09:27:08 PM »
is the look of this thread fucked up....or is it just me?

Woodrow

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2004, 11:30:05 PM »
Nope...

...or we're both on Acid.

smerlus

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004, 11:52:09 AM »
what do u mean the united states doesnt deal with terrorists. Thats all the fuckin CIA does.

The CIA ran into Bin Laden in I believe Qatar or Abu Dubaii at a hospital. Let him escape.

And I dont recall Osama ever admitting to commiting the act.
Might be wrong tho.

i meant that they don't make deals with terrorists, if the taliban was sincere about giving up osama, they probably wanted something in return

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 02:00:48 PM »
so? for years we didn't have an extradition treaty with spain its only recently we have which is why half the london gangsters retired out there! if they could of had him on a plate just by helping out another nation why not do that than start a war kill loads of civillains and they still havn't got their man! afganistan isn't exactly the easiest place to find some1 either. plus it would have been a hell of alot cheaper

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?