Author Topic: having friends that go to war...  (Read 231 times)

We Fly High

having friends that go to war...
« on: June 15, 2004, 04:15:17 PM »
s
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 08:42:49 PM by justin.dubcnn »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:having friends that go to war...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 04:29:41 PM »
it's shame your people are forced to go through such a time
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 04:38:58 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/

Yeah shit is fucked up when you hear about 18-21 year olds dying.

Hopefully your friend will get some counseling and recover.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 04:39:42 PM by Omar Swanson »

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 04:45:16 PM »

i dont know what they do where you live but in america you volunteer.

btw, i feel bad for your friends. i hope they the one has a good recovery. and the other one stays safe.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 05:55:24 PM »

i dont know what they do where you live but in america you volunteer.

btw, i feel bad for your friends. i hope they the one has a good recovery. and the other one stays safe.

My boy is from Cali, so his friends had to sign up. But on the real, look at the military, notice that most of the military is poor people and minorities, and notice that most are trying to get money to afford college. We put our kids out there because we forget that they are our kids, and think of them as pawns for our political gain, because the kids of those that make the choices, they are in private schools, or during draft time they spend their draft years in the National Guard so they wouldn't get drafted. It's all good though, that's been the way of the world for years, it's time to change it, but that would involve electing leaders that know what it's like to serve their country during war. Great presidents avoided wars, Kennedy avoided war, Lincoln tried all he can to avoid war, Eisenhower, even though he started the Vietnam conflict, he tried to keep it very low profile.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 08:08:40 PM »
damn i just heard some news..
two of our friends had recently been sent to be stationed in baghdad..
and as all of u know shit is crazy there..
well he was driving one of those military vehicles, and was the first vehicle in the fleet. and then a suicide bomber drove a car into my friends vehicle, and exploded that shit. my friend got helllllllla fucked up, shrapnel all up in him. and he got sent to germany.. and then t osan antonio texas where he has been in the hospital for over a month..
some of shrpanel hit his eye, so he lost vision in one eye, and the other one he cant see clearly out of... his memory is pretty jacked, and just hella body wounds.. i dont evne know what to think.. and our other friend, also saw his friend got killed with an ak47 to the neck.. and my friend who talked to him, he knew just by looking and talking to him, that he had killed some people there too.. like his head was just fucked up... damn i dont even know.. this shits too crazy.. never really knew someone that got sent to the war like that.. hes my age too, only like 20,21 years old,..shouldnt have to experience something like that at this young of an age, let alone any age... went to my high school and shit.. when they said they were going overseas, i didnt even think that they were going to be in the frontline and shit... but fuck.. i just hope that they get better.

That sucks it hit home so close to you.  War sucks.  

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 08:34:48 PM »
i got family members stationed in the middle east not sure where tho...

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 03:48:50 PM »
Four of my best friends just got back in late April.

They were on the front lines too. They said they saw a bunch of "action" and luckily they made it out OK Physically.

Sorry to hear about your friend.  :-\

pappy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 04:55:33 PM »
something about mdogg said bothered me.  about kids joinin the army to pay for college n shit.  an than i read some shit like tech or shit brick say they joined the army b/c they are sheep.  when in reality its to pay for college.  shit b4 9/11 happened i was considering it to.  yea there are those that joined b/c they are sheep.  But you have even more who joined to pay for college.  I figure people like tech wouldnt generalize b/c he knows what its like being every1 thinks muslims are terroist.  But to genralize each person in the army as a sheep is fucked up

Montana00

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 05:23:05 PM »
there are many reasons why people join the army. But the biggest reason is to pay for college. Many people would rather have the army pay for their college than wanting to pay off student loans for the rest of their lives.

on the other hand some join because of whats going on in the world. Pat tillman was a good example. He passed up a contract worth millions to go into afghanistan to fight. Some people are willing to risk their lives to protect america.

Then there are people who want to make a career out of the military.

but mostly its because of college. Not every family can pay for it.

JTSimon

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 06:18:52 PM »
there are many reasons why people join the army. But the biggest reason is to pay for college. Many people would rather have the army pay for their college than wanting to pay off student loans for the rest of their lives.

on the other hand some join because of whats going on in the world. Pat tillman was a good example. He passed up a contract worth millions to go into afghanistan to fight. Some people are willing to risk their lives to protect america.

;D I'm gonna leave this one alone.

Englewood might start crying.

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 07:39:44 PM »

;D I'm gonna leave this one alone.

Englewood might start crying.

No, Leave it alone so you won't look like a fool.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 08:48:32 PM »
Man thats horrible. I know some guys that were shipped out too but I never heard from them or about them since.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 04:12:09 AM »
something about mdogg said bothered me.  about kids joinin the army to pay for college n shit.  an than i read some shit like tech or shit brick say they joined the army b/c they are sheep.  when in reality its to pay for college.  shit b4 9/11 happened i was considering it to.  yea there are those that joined b/c they are sheep.  But you have even more who joined to pay for college.  I figure people like tech wouldnt generalize b/c he knows what its like being every1 thinks muslims are terroist.  But to genralize each person in the army as a sheep is fucked up

I dont think u quite understand waht was said, he wasnt saying that they are all sheep but leaders and military figureheads see them as sheep whoever gives out the orders does not take the look so deep into the soldiers lives as we do they just see them as soldiers that are at their disposal.... I dunno thats what I got from it I hate war!

-KIDRENEGADE-

hector

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 10:50:06 AM »
I know someone who is in the Marine's.  he is back in the states now.  he got shot in the chest, but was wearing a bulletproof vest.  He has the vest and you can see the dent in it, and he has a scar on his chest.

I really don't think there is very many people who really join the military for the sole reason of getting money for college.  I really beleive everyone in the military joins because they really want to be part of it.  I don't think many people are in the military against their own will, but doing it for money.  There is a thing called a job, which can make you a lot more money than the military.