Author Topic: War and Peace Vol. 1 the War Disc  (Read 1652 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
War and Peace Vol. 1 the War Disc
« on: May 19, 2001, 03:24:35 PM »

1. Ask About Me
this track is a banger it has Short Khop on the chorus and Cube spits  TIIIIIIIGHT fucking verses all throughout the song, cube establishes himself on this song as one of the best ever and one of hip hops most well known figgers as he spits" i'm checkin in on the west coast (ask about me), i'm checkin in on the midwest (ask about me), i'm checkin' in , in the dirty south (ask about me), i'm checkin in on the east coast (ASKE ABOUT ME!)"
Tight Track....4 outta 5
2.Pushin' Weight
the beat on this song is unbelievable, as a matter of fact all of the beats are magnificent, it's not the typical "gfunk" sounds your use to on a west coast album but a different sound with the West coast feel, anyways this song is a classic (IMO) one of cube's greatest hits, cube (once again spits wonderfully and Short Khop has a nice verse at the end too.......5 outta 5
3.Dr. Frankenstein
this shit is tight bacically it's a metaphore song comparing Dr. Frankenstein's creation (Frankentstein the monster)  to his Creation of gangster rap, throughout the whole song he talks about his contributions to the rap game and how he made it what it is today, another tight track, oh yeah and short Khop is on the chorus....4 outta 5
4.Fuck Dying Featuring KORN!!!!
hell yes this is one tight track featuring my home town heros Korn.....well only 2 of them Brian and james the 2 guitar players, now this might seem wierd that cube would have 2 with boys on his cd after his pro black themes off his early albums but Korn's music has always had an Ice Cube Influence and have re-made a couple of his songs Cube took not of this and he got together with them and did 2 track one for this album and one for Korn's album, anyways this song really introduces Cube's Don Mega Alter Ego and plain and simple say FUCK DYING, tight track hard to explain but tight....4 outta 5

5. War and Peace
this song samples a No Doubt's Hit song "don't speak" which was a massive hit 2 years before, this song is amazing and has a nice feel to it......4 outta 5

6. Ghetto Vet
this song exposes Cube's Creative Lyrics and his Acting skills as he role plays and raps about becoming a crippled. basically cube is a hardcore gangbanger in his prime, and then one day he's taking out the trash and 2 Bg's come at him on a bike and shoot him up he goes to the hospital and find out he's going to be crippled fromt the waste down he then raps abotout the trials and suffering he goes through having to cope with the casualty AMAZING SONG , CLASSIC!....5 outta 5

7.Greed
this song is cool i don't know really how to explain it but it is a very tight song....4 outta 5

8. MP
this is just an interlude with master p saying "it doesn't matter where your from but how you come"

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: War and Peace Vol. 1 the War Disc
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2001, 03:24:58 PM »
9. Cash Over Ass
this beat is tiiiiiiiiiiiight, Dr. Dre quality, basically him saying hey we ain't tryin to get cuaght up in the bullshit of the world we're just conserned about getting the paper!....4 outta 5

10. the Curse of Money
this song is aright....it's listenable but it's nothing all that intriging, but cube does come agressive so it makes the song what it is, oh yeah it features Mack 10 on it, but he really doesn't do nothin.....3.5 outta 5

11.the peckin' order
i like this song alot i love the guitar beat also, it's just basically a song saying only the strong survive and Mack 10 blows some ones head off at the end, nice song for the children,lol....4 outta 5
12.Limos, Demos and Bimbos
cool, song with Short Khop on it.......3.5 outta 5
13.Once Upon a time in the Projects 2
this song leaves off where the original left off from his first album Amerikkkas Most wanted, the beat is unbelievable and sounds like somthing Dr. Dre would make now cool song, 4 outta 5
14. if i was fuckin you
every album has a fuck song on it and this is it, it features k-mac and Khop, it's actually supose to be serious but i find it  to be a funny track especially when cube spits his verse and when khop says "tag teamin' suckin' seaman".....4 outta 5
15. x-bitches
cube tears up his old girls on this track, this is a nice song to reminice about your own x-bitches, Fuck Em'!...4 outta 5
16.Extradition
i love this track, not becuase of the beat or lyrics, naw but the way cube can rap a story and act it very well on wax....man , i love it!, anyways cube is on the run from the law for a crime he did not do and is writing to his mother, the story telling is GREAT and this track should be on his Greatest hits....4.5 outta 5

17. 3 strikes you in
another metaphore song where, he compares the jail systems 3 strikes you in the  for 25 life law to a baseball game, he clowns all the major figures in the judicial system....tight song 4 outta 5
18. Penitentiary
i kinda like this song and kinda don't it's cool but i think it coulda been left off....3outta 5

this album is amazing and i'm going to go out on a limb and say classic, just about on the level of Amerikkaz Most Wanted, Being Cube's 2nd or 3rd best album to date, i really don't know why the critics and other so called hip hop fans rip this album apart becuase i feel if more albums were put together like this we'd have a better Genre right now......9 outta 10
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Mr_Loc

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2001, 04:58:51 PM »
good review, i like that cd a LOT too

i love the whole 'feel' of the album, some dark armageddon shit, bangin.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2001, 11:00:41 PM »
I love this album. Ghetto Vet and The Peckin Order are 2 of my favorites.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2001, 06:40:54 AM »
"Ghetto Vet" = 5/5

This Song Proves Ice Cube To Be One Of Hip Hop's Best Lyricists And Storytellers. Peep The Second Verse He Describes The Story So Clear That You Can Actually See All The Shit That He's Talking About In Your Head. This Song Along With "It Was A Good Day" Has To Be Cube's Greatest Storytelling Masterpieces.

The Album Aint My Favorite Of Cube. Obviously His 2 Classics Amerikkka's Most Wanted And Death Certificate Are My Favorites But Other Than Those I Prefer The Predator Or Lethal Injection. His Latest Efforts Dont Seem As Enthusiastic And Creative As His Past Albums. I Give The War Disc 7.5/10

Smooth

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2001, 04:38:48 PM »
Yeah this album took a little while to grow on me... but after a while it became totally amazing... and i think the tightest song on there is "The Pecking Order"

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2001, 04:36:43 AM »
the peckin' order = 5

Siberian_Wolf

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FREE OL DIRTY!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2001, 05:48:18 AM »
Man, you overrated a whole lotta tracks on there and underrated Penitentiary IMO...

Compared to any other people's albums its a good release, but to Lethal Injection this is a pop album IMO.
I be one of those tall skinny cats with the four-nine
Three-eleven that rips through Power-U's and breaks spines
I culture power-tuggin' boys who be drunk, buggin'
Lovin' loud noise from toys, club thuggin'
Sweet chocolate deluxe, rugged, sexy buttercup
That don't give a fuck about the cop in the club
RZA in DO U

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2001, 02:33:31 PM »

Man, you overrated a whole lotta tracks on there and underrated Penitentiary IMO...

you have your opinions and i have mine...

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »
Good album, I loved Cash Over Ass, The Peckin' Order and Ghetto Vet.

dexter

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »
8 out of 10

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
this cd is classic! it hits hard from beginning to the end!!! Greed and Fuck Dying are my favorite tracks  8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »
One of my all time favorite albums from Cube.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 10:18:05 AM »
Good Cube album.
Time for a change...bring it!

Borat Sagdiyev

• 'G'
  • My Name a Borat
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
Good Cube album.
Yes, this album a very nice.  Great success for a Mr. Cubes.
I am continuing my Cultural Learnings of U, S and A for their musicial likings.  WEST WEST BITCHES!

****2007 Alias of the Year****
http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=165821.0