Author Topic: Something about 50 cent that bothers me  (Read 756 times)

pappy

Something about 50 cent that bothers me
« on: June 15, 2004, 10:31:35 PM »
im not a big fan of his.  i enjoy his music for what it is.   But im sick an tired of seeing people say the only people that listen to him are 14 year girls an teeny boppers.  The guy is gettin mad love in the streets right now.  he's on Biggies level in ny right b4 biggies death.  Shit even rod who lives in cali said in cali duke is gettin love in the streets.  it cracks me up when some1 like luke ( no offense) tries to say 50 gets no love in the street jus 14 year old girls buyin his shit... who are you to speak when the closest thing ghetto is that house on your block that needs to be painted.  i drive through south jamaica an every car you drive by there blasting 50 an trust me there aint one 14 year old white girl in south jamaica.  so get the fuck outta hear with that only teeny boppers listen to him.  if ya dont like him fine,  i dont think hes anything special but on the real the guy controls the streets of new york right now.  aint nobody givin a fuck about jada or ghostface.  or up n comers like john doe (who i think is wack) or saigon ( ayo sgv i saw you you listen to saigon what are some dope tracks by him b/c i see more people hear an there talkin about him)  jay is jay he gets love.  an nas,  peeps aint checkin for him now but when the album drops he'll get mad buzz.  But 50 is runnin shit.... like it or not

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Something about 50 cent that bothers me
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 10:47:46 PM »
yea.. i like 50 for what he is, a commercial rapper with average lyrics and most-of-the-time great production, i live about 20 minutes from downtown philly, so despite the fact that im a suburban white boy, ive seen and been to the "hood",  acutally i end up there quite often, when i get lost going to clubs and shit.... but yea, when his shit dropped, and when the g unit dropped, GOD DAMN, i could go ANYWERE, without hearing it, and still now... so yea, teenie boppers arent the only 1s who listen to him, all ages/sexs/races do, and like u said, the buzz is mostly round him, jay z, nas, and unfortunately Camron. (dont matter that they all from NY, and this is Philly)

hector

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 10:51:37 PM »
who cares.  anyone who likes an artist because that artist is popular to other people is a fucking sheep that can't think for themselves.  I could give a fuck about 50 cent, whether he is luved in the streets or by lil girls.  I listen to music that I like, I could give a fuck who else likes it.  what is the big deal about 50 cent being liked in the streets?  I could name 100 albums minimum that get no luv by the streets, lil girls, this forum, or your dad, but I'll still bump them.  

pappy

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 10:59:20 PM »
who cares.  anyone who likes an artist because that artist is popular to other people is a fucking sheep that can't think for themselves.  I could give a fuck about 50 cent, whether he is luved in the streets or by lil girls.  I listen to music that I like, I could give a fuck who else likes it.  what is the big deal about 50 cent being liked in the streets?  I could name 100 albums minimum that get no luv by the streets, lil girls, this forum, or your dad, but I'll still bump them.  

thats not the point im tryin to make.  the point is people who hate on 50 have this misconception the only people that listen to 50 are teeny boppers an thats far from the truth.

hector

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 11:10:04 PM »

thats not the point im tryin to make.  the point is people who hate on 50 have this misconception the only people that listen to 50 are teeny boppers an thats far from the truth.

NO that is wrong.  sure not 100% of 50 cent's fans are teeny boppers, but I would bet at least 60% of the buyers of his album are.  You think people in the streets actually are paying money for a 50 Cent album?  be realistic.  even suburban ass white boys that I'm surrounded by bootleg that shit before they buy it.  All rap music in these days is bought buy teeny boppers.  doesn't matter if its nelly, ja rule, 50 cent, snoop dogg, eminem, puff daddy, lil jon, or nate dogg.  I can name plenty albums that are more "street" sounding than 50 cent.  Shit C-BO is way more "street" than 50 Cent, do you see him selling millions of albums?

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 11:12:10 PM »
Out here in Dago I'd say it's about 50/50 with him.

JTSimon

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 11:24:51 PM »
Who cares who buys what!

I listen to anything good that comes my way.

Not bullshit like Mac Dre 10  ;D j/k

hector

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 11:38:11 PM »
Who cares who buys what!

I listen to anything good that comes my way.

Not bullshit like Mac Dre 10  ;D j/k

You wouldn't know good music if it hit you in the ass, especially mac dre.  your one of the biggest sheeps on this board when it comes to music.  matter of fact, how the fuck did you even come across this forum?  do you even like any westcoast music?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 11:40:05 PM »
50 gets love in the I.E. home of Sly Boogie, so I see no problem with his street cred at all. Even though teenie poppers listen to him, it's the streets that he has a base from, and when those little girls decide to move on, the streets will still have love for 50.

hector

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 11:47:28 PM »
LMAO this shit is too funny.  You guys really believe people in the streets buy 50 cent albums?  those dudes don't buy nothing but drugs, guns, and liquor.  you think they go out and buy cd's?  Like I said, I been in many suburban places where the preppiest dudes don't even buy cd's.  It's people 16 and under buying rap albums, not no mutha fuckin og street thugs.

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 12:08:17 AM »

i gotta agree with AC on this 8) thats how i feel but i aint directing it to nobody

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 03:49:42 AM »
I dunno what the truth about this matter is, who loves him the most and shit, but:

LMAO this shit is too funny.  You guys really believe people in the streets buy 50 cent albums?  those dudes don't buy nothing but drugs, guns, and liquor.  you think they go out and buy cd's?  Like I said, I been in many suburban places where the preppiest dudes don't even buy cd's.  It's people 16 and under buying rap albums, not no mutha fuckin og street thugs.

Tom Gotti and them aren't saying anything about buying. Fuck buying. It don't matter who buys it. What they're talking about is who got love for the man and his music. Be it the streets or the teens, I don't know and I won't pretend to know, but the issue here isn't who's buying it, the issue is who's listening to it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 03:50:55 AM by T-Dogg »

JTSimon

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 05:50:01 AM »
who cares.  anyone who hates an artist because that artist is popular to other people is a fucking sheep that can't think for themselves.  ;D

lol it hurts you that Mac 10 Dre will never be famous ;D
Fuck westcoast it's lame for the most part.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 11:17:57 AM »

NO that is wrong.  sure not 100% of 50 cent's fans are teeny boppers, but I would bet at least 60% of the buyers of his album are.  You think people in the streets actually are paying money for a 50 Cent album?  be realistic.  even suburban ass white boys that I'm surrounded by bootleg that shit before they buy it.  All rap music in these days is bought buy teeny boppers.  doesn't matter if its nelly, ja rule, 50 cent, snoop dogg, eminem, puff daddy, lil jon, or nate dogg.  I can name plenty albums that are more "street" sounding than 50 cent.  Shit C-BO is way more "street" than 50 Cent, do you see him selling millions of albums?

u contradictin urself . if only teenie boppers buy albums, how come 60% of those who bought it are teenie boppers, what are the other 40% then? besides, if only teenie boppers bought albums, c-bo, lynch, x-raided and them would barely be sellin anything at all...and from what i know c-bo does quite well actually

West C. Connected

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 12:08:54 PM »
I dunno about America, but gangstas and people around here don't listen to no underground artists, they bump what most people bump, anything that's in the charts, because they know those artists, meaning 50 Cent, Cam'ron, Eminem, etc.

*waits for someone to say there are no such things as gangstas, ghettos or people that aren't white in Europe* :D