Author Topic: Anybody here read X-Men...?  (Read 269 times)

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
Anybody here read X-Men...?
« on: June 17, 2004, 06:46:26 PM »
Am I the only one who noticed how the story is too similar to the Civil Rights movement in the 60's?  Think about it for a second...

First you have a "race" of humans who are outcasts to the rest of society.  Regular humans fear this new breed and want them killed.  Then you have the two mutant leaders Professor X and Magneto.  Professor X "has a dream" that mutants and regular humans shall one day live together.  Then you have Magneto who wants to live apart from regular humans.  Does any of this sound familiar at all?  Martin Luther... err, I mean, Professor X and Magneto are good friends but are constantly going to war at each other over what they believe in.  Malcolm... oops, I mean, Magneto is labeled the bad guy while Professor X fights for good.  And to top it off, they gave the name of the Leader the name X.  Hmmm... just something to think about the next time you're reading any sort of "novel." It might be just a little deeper than what it appears to be.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Anybody here read X-Men...?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 06:53:45 PM »
Interesting thought, never looked at it that way but good points.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 07:36:54 PM »
I saw an interview with one of the creaters, and he talked about how X-Men was after the civil rights movement, and racism and stuff like that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 09:34:57 PM »
Come on man, everybody can see that.  That's the whole story of the X-men.  They're outcasts, they're disliked because they're different, the government's always trying to pass laws against them, or confine them in prison, the humans are afraid of them, etc.  They actually played that angle up really big in the movies, check them out.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 03:48:44 AM »
yea..... umm.....it is pretty blatant.

-KIDRENEGADE-

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 09:18:25 AM »
well, maybe it is blatant to somebody who is black with half a brain... that automatically disqualifies half the people who post here.  i mentioned it to a couple of people who were actually pretty smart and they were like... i never thought about it like that.  i think in the movie they tried to make them like jews especially the way they focused part of the story on magneto in the holocaust.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 07:34:37 PM »
i never relized that...