Author Topic: What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?  (Read 636 times)

Pinokit21

• Lil Geezy
  • The Pain Is Invisible..But U Can't Hide The Scarz
What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:11:46 PM »
In my opinion these have got to be 2 of the biggest Hip Hop singles EVER!!  Now I can't speak for the east coast or down south, but when 2Pac dropped California Love....that was the BIGGEST record in California.  You coudn't turn on the radio and not hear that song.  You couldn't talk to any Hip Hopper that didn't LOVE that song.  I got that same feeling when In Da Club came out.  Same thing, ALL OVER THE RADIO. KIDS SINGIN IT, it was just everywhere?  California Love was Pac's first bug record since he dropped out of prison, and In Da Club was the first big record by a new artist droppin.  I'm not asking which record u LIKE better, I'm asking which record do you think was bigger at the time it dropped?

Sikotic™

Re:What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 10:15:57 PM »
Cali Love has proven the test of time. That's a certified classic joint no doubt. Time will tell when it comes to In Da Club.

Cali Love can't be touched by In Da Club IMO.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 10:20:46 PM »
i'd say it all depends where you're living. in maybe the last say, 10 years i wouldn't of heard cali love 50 times on the radio here, but when in da club came out i heard that damn near 100 in the first month
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 10:26:46 PM »
The single of In Da Club was a bigger succes. Many many artists used that beat for a song or a freestyle. Way more than with Cali Love I think ::) So I think In Da Club was bigger :)

Pinokit21

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 10:29:24 PM »
True many artist did use IND A CLUB for a song or freestyle, but u gotta remember, Mixtapes and all that shit wasn't how it was today back in 1996.

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 10:30:10 PM »
True many artist did use IND A CLUB for a song or freestyle, but u gotta remember, Mixtapes and all that shit wasn't how it was today back in 1996.

it broke records in the charts also

pappy

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 10:33:35 PM »
bein from new york.... cali love by far.  one thing you gotta remember,  when cali love came out the east/west beef was in its prime.  an that song still was gettin mad played like crazy.

Pinokit21

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 10:35:08 PM »
That's dope.  I always wondered how New York took the whole 2Pac/Biggie situation out there.  Did they still play a lot of Pac on the radio?

smerlus

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 10:39:01 PM »
yep....and it's funny, you heard more westcoast music on the east coast during the rivalry than you do now

pappy

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 10:39:42 PM »
That's dope.  I always wondered how New York took the whole 2Pac/Biggie situation out there.  Did they still play a lot of Pac on the radio?

be honest i really dont remember cuz i was still young like 11.  but cali love sticks out b/c it was everywhere.  even if the radio wasnt playin it u heard people listenin to it out there cars n shit

pappy

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 10:40:28 PM »
yep....and it's funny, you heard more westcoast music on the east coast during the rivalry than you do now

from what i remember it was pretty even.  not like it is now tho

Pinokit21

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 10:59:36 PM »

Yeah, kinda unlike now where The East just plays East music and the West plays, well, EAST & SOUTH music....haha.

Pinokit21

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 11:00:13 PM »
Cali Love gets my vote

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 12:00:38 AM »

The Predator

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 12:28:42 AM »
Both of them were mega hits but Dre didnt do a remix to 'In The Club' unlike Cali Love. a Dre remix would of been interesting.