Author Topic: What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?  (Read 635 times)

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:What was bigger....California Love OR In Da Club?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 03:46:35 AM »
California Love for sure

In Da Club is probably one of the biggest 'club hits' since, however i know these days when i go out i still hear Cali Love being played, like sikotic said it's proven to last over the years.

Plus too the combination of rappers that appear on California Love is something that we can never hear again, its a classic.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Suga Foot

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 10:49:51 AM »
I was only like 12 or 13 when Cali Love came out, so I don't really know how big it was.  There's a lot more to consider now tho, like in 96 we didn't have mp3's, or mixtapes.  I remember on Rapcity (muchmusic) "Fugee-La" was always ahead of "California Love" on the countdown.  But everyone I knew liked Cali Love more.  

When "In Da Club" just came out, I was in clubs where they'd play it 3 times in a row, and then just play the beat with different acapellas on it for like 10-15 minutes.  Cali Love still gets a good reaction in the clubs tho.  

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 11:22:34 AM »
I think that some people are responding thinking the question is which do you like better cause it's not even close when you're asking what song was bigger.  "In The Club" was way bigger.  Wasn't it number one on Billboard's Hot 100 for like 8 weeks in a row?  I don't even think "California Love" hit number one.
I think that "In The Club" is the biggest hip-hop song ever.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

West C. Connected

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 11:50:14 AM »
I think In Da Club is too played out for clubs already, California Love isn't.

Montana00

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 11:53:24 AM »
Well....In da club was bigger but heres why.

white people listening to rap is at an all time high. Thats my point.

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2004, 02:14:49 PM »
Cali Love was way bigger they played it 24/7 on the radio and mtv was playing it every hour on the hour. And can you really compare pac and dre collabo to a average track as far as im concerned. In Da Club sold because the contraversey around 50 cali love sold because it was a bomb ass song and a once in a lifetime collabo

pappy

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004, 02:34:13 PM »
lets get one thing straight.  even tho cali love was a dope track one of the reasons it was so popular was b/c of the the controversy surrounding pac an the whole east west beef

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 04:49:55 PM »
Close call but In Da Club gets my vote.

DAYUM

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 06:53:03 PM »
 ::)
what a stupid thread

Pinokit21

• Lil Geezy
  • The Pain Is Invisible..But U Can't Hide The Scarz
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 08:30:12 PM »
lets get one thing straight.  even tho cali love was a dope track one of the reasons it was so popular was b/c of the the controversy surrounding pac an the whole east west beef

lets get one thing straight.  even tho INA DA CLUB was a dope track one of the reasons it was so popular was b/c of the the controversy surrounding 50 CENT

DAYUM

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 08:40:11 PM »
the beat and 50's flow made In Da Club what it was nuthing else only ppl know is that he got shot lmao

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2004, 12:19:55 AM »
Is this a friggin joke?!!?  ???

Cali Love by far. That was a tripple platinum single, and the shit is STILL gettin mad radio play today.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2004, 03:06:44 AM »
I think u can't tell yet. If "In Da Club" is gonna be played as much in 8 years as "Cali Love" is now u'll be able to say it's bigger maybe cause at the time it came out it got even more airplay and sold even better...but yet u just can't tell

We Fly High

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2004, 03:31:48 AM »
i dont know, i dont hear in da club at all anymore.. so i think thats pretty good indication.

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2004, 04:05:53 AM »
i dont know, i dont hear in da club at all anymore.. so i think thats pretty good indication.

heh, i do