Author Topic: British MPs shot at by Israeli soldiers during a UN-supervised trip  (Read 376 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
British MPs 'shot at' in Israel
A group of British politicians were shot at by Israeli soldiers during a UN-supervised trip, a peer has claimed.
The cross-party group was on a visit to Rafah in Gaza, where UK student Tom Hurndall was killed, when they allegedly came under fire.

Liberal Democrat peer Baroness Northover said machine gun fire from an Israeli observation post passed closely over their heads.

The group also included MPs Huw Irranca-Davies and Crispin Blunt.

One wonders what treatment ordinary Palestinians are given
Baroness Northover

They are said to be demanding an explanation from the Israeli ambassador to Britain.

The group claims that following the gun fire they pulled back to their vehicle, which was marked with the UN logo, when further shots where fired at the building next to the car.

Baroness Northover said: "This incident has shown me first-hand the indiscriminate violence faced by Palestinians on a daily basis.

"If the Israeli Defence Force is prepared to shoot at a delegation of parliamentarians under the supervision of the UN, one wonders what treatment ordinary Palestinians are given," she said.

She said the action may have been an attempt to stop the group seeing the effect of Israel's policy of demolishing Palestinian housing in Gaza.

Tom Hurndall, 22, from Tufnell Park, north London, was shot in April last year while trying to help Palestinian children to safety in Rafah.

An Israeli soldier is being tried for the killing.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:British MPs shot at by Israeli soldiers during a UN-supervised trip
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 11:01:05 AM »
Baroness Northover  was just on the telly she was saying there were children around to see what was going on  with UN ppl no other adults around. they believe it was warning shots so they wouldn't see what israel had done/doing. ISrael then denied knowledge of shots fired and that the UN were even there even tho there had been extensive dialogue in before entering Gazaa they were even held up for 3 hours b4 they cud enter.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 11:06:26 AM »
I would have ordered airstrikes  ;D but thats just me.

fuck israel

« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 11:07:23 AM by Vengaboys »

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 07:12:40 AM »
Just another day in Palestine.  Those kids get shot at everyday, but you don't see it reported in the news.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 09:30:04 AM »
oh sure, information is concealed 24\7, yall must be telepathic to find out about it....u people make me lough....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 09:53:15 AM »
well i still havn't seen an explanation from israel, and they didn't get to see what they went to see. i'm guessing it was just an evil laugh eh?

Jome

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 06:05:26 PM »
Maybe they thought they were shooting at disguised Palestinian suicidebombers.. ::)

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 06:12:50 PM »
Maybe they thought they were shooting at disguised Palestinian suicidebombers.. ::)

I can see pale ass Brits from 10 miles away.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 04:51:35 AM »
more to the point UN was clearly marked on the vehicles in big letters. but israel have no respect for the UN just like america.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 10:25:25 AM »
u seem to be so sure Israel was trying to fry some UN ass?- oh that makes plain perfect sence, as if we don't have enough explainitory problems :P....

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 10:56:11 AM »
no it was most likely warning shots to stop the Un seeing what was going on

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 10:24:12 PM »
no it was most likely warning shots to stop the Un seeing what was going on

what if they came during an operation at the time of which it was dangerous for them to be near by and what the Israeli soldiers did was trying to warn them or haven't even noticed them or they could've been shot at by Palestinian millitants(they claim they were under fire, as someone who has been in massive fire incidents and trainings I can tell u that in these situations u never know where the fire is coming from and where it is aimed at) , this article is very abstract, arguemental,made to rase symapthy to the Palestinian side, in the court of law a satement like "One wonders what treatment ordinary Palestinians are given"  would be dismissed, if they where asked to tell what exactly was happening. But of course you're so fast to believe it, cause it feats into your overall picture of the situation....good for u... :-\

« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 10:25:38 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 02:21:31 AM »
if it was too dangerous why let them in in the first place? why then deny any knowledge? still no explanation.... but israelis like to shoot at children and maybe the UN and the british MPs being there was just a bonus, so i'm just going to assume thats what they were doing unless i hear otherwise.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 06:44:26 AM »
if it was too dangerous why let them in in the first place? why then deny any knowledge? still no explanation.... but israelis like to shoot at children and maybe the UN and the british MPs being there was just a bonus, so i'm just going to assume thats what they were doing unless i hear otherwise.

well, I'll tell u how and why although I doubt this will metter to you since all of your last post could be sumed up through it's last statment "so i'm just going to assume thats what they were doing unless i hear otherwise."- which is like THEEE defenition of bias, but hell with it, did u know that all kinds of supervision deligations and reporters mannage to somehow enter protected zones without having any actuall permission from the operation supervisors?....and why deny knowledge,there could be thousands of reasons, what if this incident wasn't reported to the official that was requested to give this information....?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 06:45:57 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 07:48:17 AM »
yes reporters may sneak in, but the fact of the matter was it was UN supervised trip properly organised before hand which israel knew about.