Author Topic: Krayzie Bone--"Thug On Da Line"  (Read 1671 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Krayzie Bone--"Thug On Da Line"
« on: August 28, 2001, 03:20:59 PM »

1. Yall Dont Know Me--A good track to start the album, but not a great one. The beat is aight, but kinda on the plain side. But Krayzie is lyrically on point, telling peeps that there is more to him than just what you see in his music and in public. 3.5/5

2. Ride Tha Thugline--I liked this beat, but the guest appearances ruin what would have been a tight song, and that is one of the main problems with this album as I will explain later. 2.5/5

3. Cant Hustle 4 Ever--This is a nice smooth track, and one of the few songs where the guest appearances doesnt ruin the song. This song is about trying to make a positive change instead of fuckin with the streets, basically. Some nice vocals, and a smoooooooth beat. Krayzie is on point, and the guest apperances arent bad on this one. Short song though. 4/5

4. Talk To Myself--Another good song. Tiffany drops some nice vocals on the hook, and Krayzie drops some meaningful lyrics. The beat is aight. 4/5

5. Thugga Level--Ok, this song is complete skip material. Absolute trash. The beat is generic as hell, and the guest apperances fuck it up. Krayzie is the only good thing about this song. 1/5

6. Da Thugs--This song is aight, nothing special though. The beat is generic as hell once again, but its not ruined by guest appearances at least. Krayzie talks about what Bone has brought to this game, by asking a question and answering it with "Da Thugs".......3/5

7. If Only They Knew--A song about relationships. Krayzie is on point as usual, and the beat isnt bad, though nothing incredible either. A rather slow song. 3.5/5

8. I Dont Give A Fuck--This is a straight up thugged out song. Raw shit here. The beat is good, and Krayzie flows like a faucet on this one. The type of shit I wanna hear from Krayzie. 4/5

9. Time After Time--This track is just BEAUTIFUL. Harmonizing at its ZENITH. Now, this is the type of shit that makes Bone such a great group. Meaningful lyrics, perfect flow, and smooth but bumpable beat, and just a great overall song. Wow. Only drawback: its short. 4.75/5

10. Ride If You Like--This is another generic sounding song, with uneeded guest appearances. Skipable. 2.5/5

11. If You A Thug--I love the beat, but the DAMN guest appearances fuck it up. If this woulda been a Krayzie solo song, it woulda been tight as hell. 2.5/5

12. Hard time Hustlin--The first single, and a great song at that. SUPERB lyrics, meaningful subject matter, and Sade, as we all know, is a awesome vocalist. Good production too. One of the best on the album. 5/5

13. Gemini--Another gem [no pun intended]. Krayzie flows beautifully with nice lyrics, and he puts in a female voice and a deep male voice to represent the nice side of his persona, and the evil side of his persona [a gemini has a split personality. Pretty creative song. Might be my fav on the album. 5/5

14. I dont Know What--I dont like the beat at all, and the vocals ruin it too. Sounds like a song Nelly would do. Krayzie flows nicely, but it doesnt save the song. 2.5/5

15. Rollin Up Some Mo--Another song ruined by wack guests. Woulda been a nice song otherwise, but as it is......3/5

16. Everybody Wannabe Thugs--This is kind of like "Thats The Way" pt.II. A nice smooth song. This song is about the cons of being a thug, rather than glorifying it. Krayzie came nice on this, both with his flow and lyrics. 4.5/5

17. Bloody Murder skit--Just a skit about murder. No rating.

18. Kneight Ridaz Wuz Here--Damn it. This song has such an ILL beat, but Krayzie isnt even on this song!!!!! Fuck!!! And the Kneight Ridaz are corny as hell. The beat is the only good thing about this song. 2/5

19. Thug On Da Line--Wack guests. Wish Bone doesnt come through on this one. Not a great way to end the album. 2.5/5

Overall, this is a good, but not great album. Not anywhere near great. But if your a Bone fan, check it out. If you aint a Bone fan, listen first. There are some really good songs on here, but only 1 or 2 I would label as classic. There are some very bad songs on here. I was expecting a bit more from this album. The guest appearances really hurt this album. Its nowhere near the caliber of TM 1999. Not even close. But its not a bad album either. Its just from Krayzie Bone, you'd expect more. Or rather, from a Krayzie Bone album, cuz Krayzie himself was on point for most of the album. Im a little disappointed cuz Ive waited for this album for like a year through a shitload of pushbacks. Overall, id give it 3.75/5
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Sikotic™

Re: Krayzie Bone--"Thug On Da Line"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2001, 04:34:33 PM »
I agree with you that the album should of been better, much better. I don't find the the guest appearences as horrible as you make them out but next time Krayzie should keep them to a minimum.

I completely agree with you on that alot of the beats were generic. The beats on TM1999 stood out from eachother much more. One reason I think they were so plain and sounded the same was because Krayzie did 6 tracks. He shoulda let other producers do 4 of those sounds and he do 2.

One thing I completely disagree with you is with the Kneight Riduz song. They aren't reall good but they are aiight and even though Krayzie ain't on the track it is still one of the top 5 tracks on the album.

I'd have to say my favorite track is Talk To Myself. Good review.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2001, 04:48:27 PM »
Talk 2 myself, Time after time, Hard time hustlin, everybody wanna be thugs, I dont give  a fuck are some of tha best and most different songs Ive heard so far this year......This is a good album, it's just dat yall expect too much of Krayzie, dats why yall sayin it aint dat great.......It waz suppose 2 be a compilatin anyway, but krazie made his own album like p.diddy..........I think its tha best album so far this year, cuz most hiphop cds have been disappointin this year..... 4.2/5

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2001, 06:40:38 PM »
Its not a bad album, I was just expecting more after waiting almost a year for it. It cant compare to TM 1999. But yea, there are some very good songs. I wouldnt say its album of the year though.......

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2001, 08:07:08 PM »
Whats a better album so far? Until tha wash soundtrack comes out this is to me.....

Hey did anyone get tha bonus cd? I didn't. There waz suppose 2 be some bonus download card 4 tha computer in tha cd but there wasnt.

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2001, 08:41:10 PM »

Whats a better album so far? Until tha wash soundtrack comes out this is to me.....

Hey did anyone get tha bonus cd? I didn't. There waz suppose 2 be some bonus download card 4 tha computer in tha cd but there wasnt.

Whats better so far?? Um, lets see..........

1. Cormega--The Realness
2. 2Pac--Until The End Of Time
3. Bizzy Bone--The Gift
4. Remedy--The Genuine Article

And I just copped RZA's new album, and that is probably better also, though Ive only heard it once so far, so I cant say for sure. Of the 20 songs on Thug On Da Line, I like about 13 of them. Its a good album, but not the best this year, and DEFINATLY not the best Bone solo album. This is better than Layzie's album and Flesh's second album, but it doesnt hold a candle to Flesh's first album or either of Bizzy's albums.

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2001, 03:01:12 AM »
Until the End of Time IS WAK, the unreleased and original versions of NEARLY every track on UTEOT was WAY Better.

As for Thug on da line. I will Comment on Monday when i have the album.

Laterz 8)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2001, 05:48:15 PM »
Ah shit, I forgot bout "tha gift", sorry bout dat, dat album is da best of tha year...no doubt...

My friend told me tha new RZA is da bomb, so I might cop dat.......

COMING IN 2008.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2001, 06:00:12 PM »
®za has the album of the year in my opinion. Shit is so fucking tight.

Krayzie's album is growing on me though. "Time After Time" is vintage Krayzie Bone, harmonizing at its zenith. Its a good album, just expected more from Krayzie.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2001, 12:02:31 PM »
Gemini is some tight shit too. When he says "The good seems bad and the bad seems good" it makes you think. Thats my favorite track right now.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2001, 02:49:21 PM »
Im startin 2 feel kneight rider'z song a lil more and tha Everybody wanna be thugs beat and hook is killin me.
And Gemini is off this planet, Krayzie.

Also tha beat on "If u a Thug" is a sickass middle eastern beat, Im really feelin dat,  Sikotic u should know bout dat, u 1/2 middle eastern like me, rite?

Next single should be Talk 2 myself, so tha album can go commercial a lil.

COMING IN 2008.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2001, 03:10:10 PM »
Yeah, "If U A Thug" got that Middle Eastern flavor. I'm definitely feeling that track too.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2001, 05:48:24 PM »
Hey, not being biast or nuttin, but dat cd cover is fuckin classic in my oppinion, theres so much shit goin on, lol......

COMING IN 2008.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2001, 08:33:33 PM »
Yea, I like the cover also. Thats the best Bone cover in a long time.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2001, 10:07:40 PM »
Does anyone know where the bottom part of the cover is from. It looks hella familiar. Reminds me of the L.A. riots or somethin'.

THA SAUCE HOUSE